2014 FIFA World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Got lucky in the end, we only drew Spain, Netherlands and Chile......... :mad: :eek: :oops:
We're embarrassingly bad. Won't matter who we play sadly.

Spain could be 9-0.

What's happened? Record numbers playing the game and have been for ages. But we're getting worse compared to other nations?

We're embarrassingly bad. Won't matter who we play sadly.

Spain could be 9-0.

What's happened? Record numbers playing the game and have been for ages. But we're getting worse compared to other nations?

Not enough regeneration of the squad I would say.

Hopefully Ange really does bring in a new era.

I don't reckon the Aussie coach is anything to do with it to be honest.

The players just aren't good enough.

Our old 'good' team had a bunch of players who were starting players in quality leagues around the world.

Now we've got J-league B Graders, Saudi Arabian club journeymen, a few bench players from obscure European clubs and some A-League hacks.

I don't reckon the Aussie coach is anything to do with it to be honest.

The players just aren't good enough.

Our old 'good' team had a bunch of players who were starting players in quality leagues around the world.

Now we've got J-league B Graders, Saudi Arabian club journeymen, a few bench players from obscure European clubs and some A-League hacks.

We had a golden generation. This is our true level. Generation next never went on with it and have largely returned from Europe with tails between their legs (eg Djite, Burns, Spiranovic). Robbie Kruse is the only one who's actually kicked on.

Anyhoo, I have tickets to Spain-Netherlands and Germany-Portugal, so what do I care?

Planning on getting up for the 4.30 game, but with my own soccer match and the Kangas game, it would be a very long day.

I just love the World Cup!!

Planning on getting up for the 4.30 game, but with my own soccer match and the Kangas game, it would be a very long day.

I just love the World Cup!!

It's just the best. I also want to get up for the Spain/Netherlands game (to hurl abuse at Robin van Judas mainly) but I have work, the footy and then the Greece/Columbia game at 1:30 Sunday morning. I also want to get up for England/Italy at 7:30 before work on Sunday.

Throw in some Study for my exam in a week... Spain/Netherlands is probably going to be a pass for me :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brazil with a lucky win in the opener.

Horrible penalty call, and questionable foul for contact to the Brazil GK that disallowed a goal to Croatia.

Took all of 60 minutes into a World Cup to work out that - like a Sydney player's elbow to the head being reviewed by the MRP - the results are probably already worked out well in advance.

Entertaining game ruined by a ref howler. Had to be expected though, FIFA wouldn't want anything other than a Brazil victory. Still, I think Brazil will struggle against a team like Germany who are class all over the ground (strong midfield, well-disciplined defence and a class striker).

* me

just because you are ar the World Cup with world class players - doesn't make you one of them Tommy Oar.

Just control the ball instead of trying to volley a goal 20 metres out.

We are only going to get few opportunities, we can not waste them on silly shots on that goal will never come off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back