Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

So now that the preliminaries are finally out of the way, we can look forward to the season starting on the first Friday in September, which will hopefully culminate in another trip to the MCG on the last Saturday in September.

Of course, this means that we all need to navigate the arcane mysteries of Ticketek in the hope of landing some precious finals tickets.

Members of the Hawthorn Football Club would have received information about ticketing for the finals during the week (we certainly did). For those that didn't receive the post, or who aren't members, the club has the information on the website at the following address:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/finals

Now, please read and be mindful of the following.

Buy, Swap and Sell

If you are seeking tickets or have tickets for sale you are welcome to use this board to get your message across. However:

1. This is the one and only thread to be created for that purpose. Create your own and it will be deleted.

Sellers

Scalping is illegal. If you have tickets to sell, we will only allow you to post for sales of face value or less. And yes, that includes the eternally cute trick of "I have a $700 can of Coke to sell. Included is a ticket to the Prelim" schtick.

Buyers

Buyer Beware. Neither this site, nor the moderators of this board, vouch for the bona fides of anyone offering tickets for sale on this board. We are not agents for them, nor will we act as middle men or dispute settlers. The transaction is between you and the vendor.

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Having said that, just looked at the ticket prices and only pattersons stadium has different pricing for the three weeks listed

Probably going to be disappointed but maybe, just maybe, the afl have set the three weeks at the one price

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Having said that, just looked at the ticket prices and only pattersons stadium has different pricing for the three weeks listed

Probably going to be disappointed but maybe, just maybe, the afl have set the three weeks at the one price

They've set them the same as last year, they just haven't put up the prices up on the website yet for weeks two and three, they will be higher though.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
They've set them the same as last year, they just haven't put up the prices up on the website yet for weeks two and three, they will be higher though.

Ironically they have week 3 for perth which is less likely than melbourne or sydney

Note that one extra ticket per member is allowed

onthemoney

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has anyone had luck getting standing room tickets allocated that aren't in the Ponsford?

Looks like I might just have to get category 7's if I want to stand in the Olympic.

onthemoney

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has anyone had luck getting standing room tickets allocated that aren't in the Ponsford?

Looks like I might just have to get category 7's if I want to stand in the Olympic.

Replying to my own comment. Sounds a bit weird, but if you click "Geelong allocation" you can get standing room tix in Southern Stand, thus allowing the move around to Olympic where I want to be. It still comes up as "Hawthorn additional" and it went through no problems. Good little work around.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ticketek website seemed to be running nicely this morning.

Same as last year though, you can choose the category of seating or the grandstand but not both.
Just have to keep trying different selections until it gets to the section you want.

Right.

F u c king Ticketek. Offers me 2 tickets Cat 1 N10... scroll down to locate on map. fist pump. look for confirm purchase button. Session times out.

12 seconds to review & confirm a $180 purchase. REALLY? REALLY?
upload_2014-9-1_10-3-21.jpeg

Try again. M52. No thanks.
upload_2014-9-1_10-5-49.jpeg

Try again. Cat 1 exhausted.
upload_2014-9-1_10-5-12.jpeg

Try again. Cat 2 N56. Purchase completed.
urge+to+kill+1.jpg

FIX THIS DEPLORABLE SHITFULL MESS.
CLEARLY THE WORST THING ABOUT FINALS FOOTBALL. PERIOD.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes, I got timed out on my first attempt too, this was the first time that has happened to me though. I really wish you could specify what seats you want, the current system is too much like russian roulette. Happy with the seats I got though having said that.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Right.

F u c king Ticketek. Offers me 2 tickets Cat 1 N10... scroll down to locate on map. fist pump. look for confirm purchase button. Session times out.

12 seconds to review & confirm a $180 purchase. REALLY? REALLY?
You get 10 minutes from when you enter the site, there is a countdown on the bottom of the screen, maybe this time ran out just as you were looking to confirm? But yes it would be nice to get more of a precise choice of sections.

You get 10 minutes from when you enter the site, there is a countdown on the bottom of the screen, maybe this time ran out just as you were looking to confirm? But yes it would be nice to get more of a precise choice of sections.
No. I had over 9 minutes remaining.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

With me it went to a blank screen and was continually just trying to load and just wouldn't move, by the time it came back I had literally just seconds to complete the purchase, I didn't make it in time so had to start again. Second time it went through without a hitch.

How do you guys get offered seats on level 2 though? I get on at 9.00 am sharp and I never get offered seats on level 2 :confused:

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With me it went to a blank screen and was continually just trying to load and just wouldn't move, by the time it came back I had literally just seconds to complete the purchase, I didn't make it in time so had to start again. Second time it went through without a hitch.

How do you guys get offered seats on level 2 though? I get on at 9.00 am sharp and I never get offered seats on level 2 :confused:
I was on at 9am and it was offering level 2 (which I didn't want) in Ponsford and Olympic. I was selecting cat 1 and cat 2. Just need to keep trying.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Got my q30 four rows back after about 10 attempts

In front of ponsford scoreboard like pf last year, great omen.

Great value about 2m higher than corporate boxes

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shithouse website, at 8.50am I couldnt even get through to the site proper. Was directed to a "website queue" while at the same time my brother was able to access the page directly. Sure, I got the tix, but only because I had an alternative. s**t..House!

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shithouse website, at 8.50am I couldnt even get through to the site proper. Was directed to a "website queue" while at the same time my brother was able to access the page directly. Sure, I got the tix, but only because I had an alternative. s**t..House!
Yeah I had my desk top and laptop set up to go at 8:55 and the desk top went into the queue but the laptop got straight through.
I think it works better if you shut down the session with the queue and try and go back in. I got back in on my desktop a minute or 2 later.

I had laptop, iPad and phone ready by 8.30. Ended up purchasing on the laptop through the m.ticketek.com.au site, after about 6 tries at getting Level 1, Southern Stand. The mobile version of the site means you don't sit in the looping queue. :)

Glasgow Hawk

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Toronto Maple Leafs
I wanted to be on the Ticketek site before 9am, but when I did I got the usual bullsh*t message about an event going on sale today.. blah, blah, blah.
What I don't understand is why do they have to do all the games at once? There is only 4 games for crying out loud, are they all through Ticketek? Are Adelaide Oval & ANZ both through Ticketek also?
Anyway, very happy I got M33 seating behind the cheersquad.. Bargain at $40 each..:)

kimbopen

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
gc_26=geelong choke by 26
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I don't like buying online because I can never choose where I want to sit.
I usually just go into Crown, and line up at the Ticketek outlet there.
Got there at around 6:00am today, and was 4th in line.
Had my tickets in hand by 9:10am, for M34, Row A.
Happy as a pig in s**t! :)

buddy2fernando

Team Captain
Apr 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Forgot about the 1pm deadline for club members and ticketek is no longer selling tickets !!
Anyone with a spare ticket or info on how to get one now ?

Busy this morning so missed the damn club on-sale. Got some decent tickets in the public on sale - anyone know if M54 is around any member dedicated areas? Would prefer to be amongst fellow Hawkers.

Back