10k Posts The Fred Medal Ex-Moderator
Feb 9, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC & HRT
2010_malaysia_map

Distance 56 laps, 310.408 km (192.879 mi)
Course 5.543 km (3.444 mi)

Preview thanks to Neil James from BleacherReport.com
The Malaysian Grand Prix takes place this weekend at the Sepang International Circuit, and it will be the second round of the 2014 Formula One season.

The race was first held in 1999, and it has been a popular fixture on the calendar ever since. This will be the 16th F1 event to bear the name.

Four current drivers have won here—Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel. Alonso and Vettel have three wins each.

In Australia two weeks ago, 15 cars were still running at the end. Fears of reliability problems dominating the early rounds had, it seemed, been exaggerated. Only six cars suffered race-ending failures.

But with cooling such a significant issue for all the teams, the heat of Malaysia could send everyone back to the drawing board.

Read on for current standings, circuit guide, tyre and Drag Reduction System (DRS) information, weather forecast, odds, TV and session times.

FP1 Top 5:

PosNoDriverTeamTime/RetiredGapLaps
144Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:40.69119
27Kimi RäikkönenFerrari1:40.8430.15220
36Nico RosbergMercedes1:41.0280.33719
422Jenson ButtonMcLaren-Mercedes1:41.1110.42020
520Kevin MagnussenMcLaren-Mercedes1:41.2740.58318

FP2 Top 5:

PosNoDriverTeamTime/RetiredGapLaps
16Nico RosbergMercedes1:39.90930
27Kimi RäikkönenFerrari1:39.9440.03530
31Sebastian VettelRed Bull Racing-Renault1:39.9700.06130
444Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:40.0510.14232
514Fernando AlonsoFerrari1:40.1030.19429

Apologies if the paste from the F1 website is a bit awry.

Red Bull again down on speed, super slow in sector one but clawing back in the last 2

Watching FP3 now, and I know people complain that the cars are no longer "loud" but damn, it sounds awesome being able to hear the tyres squeal and screech when a driver locks up his fronts or slides around a corner :)

If i can't get anyone to do it & if i don't have much time i just put other people's previews up.

Sorry DTB, I wasn't referring to you if that's what you thought - I was referring to how bad my post looked when I cut-and-pasted from the F1 site. All tabular formatting was lost. I'm not sure how to format tables in BF posts...

Sorry DTB, I wasn't referring to you if that's what you thought - I was referring to how bad my post looked when I cut-and-pasted from the F1 site. All tabular formatting was lost. I'm not sure how to format tables in BF posts...

All good
Jeez, that looks awful! Do you guys normally paste text or images?

That looks ok ricardogp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More trouble for Vettel. Mercs shitting it in. Hope the other teams get their act together soon or could be more boring than last year this season.
The Red Bull aero package seems good, its really the Renault powertrain letting them down. If they can sort that out for this season soon enough he will be right at the front again most likely.

Well there goes Alonso in qualifying, racing incident, but he has it all to do tomorrow.
Could they fix it in time......

That Merc just looks so stable through the last corner.

Did ALO get out again? He's currently listed 6th

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That Merc just looks so stable through the last corner.

Did ALO get out again? He's currently listed 6th

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeh they got him back out quickly.

Fazz's 4th Alo and 6th Rai.
Not bad, should be a good race, hopefully they get the strategy right.

When I was doing the threads last year I wrote a simple program that would read in the data copied off the F1 site, and then format it nicely with spaces to be used in a
Code:
block.

I can send it to anyone who wants it with some instructions if they'd like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back