2014 Formula One World Championship - Round One: Australian Grand Prix (14-16 March 2014)

Who will win the 2014 Australian Grand Prix?

• Felipe Massa

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Nico Rosberg

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sebatian Vettel

• Daniel Ricciardo

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Kimi Raïkkönen

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If nothing else its a massively bad look for the FIA and the new era is the 'races' are going to start being dictated by who saves fuel the best. Think how popular the recent tyre conservation era has been.
I think it's the radio's being broadcast that makes it worse, not the fuel/tyre conservation. Do we all really think there was this era where every driver would just go absolutely flat out the entire race? Of course they wouldn't. They've always been conserving fuel and tyres. It's just that now we hear the instructions publicly, before we'd just assume it was going on.

So I've found 720p HD torrents for:

- "Gear Up for Australia" short
- Driver's Press Conference
- Team Principal's Press Conference
- First Practice Session
- Second Practice Session
- Qualifying

All uploaded within hours of their conclusion, but nothing for the actual race! I was watching UFC 171 and then the Carlton vs. Port Adelaide game, so I missed the race, but want to see it after having seen everything else in the lead-up. Kind of puzzling that nobody has uploaded it.

I think it's the radio's being broadcast that makes it worse, not the fuel/tyre conservation. Do we all really think there was this era where every driver would just go absolutely flat out the entire race? Of course they wouldn't. They've always been conserving fuel and tyres. It's just that now we hear the instructions publicly, before we'd just assume it was going on.
Maybe, feels like the fuel saving has become more important since refuelling was out.

Maybe, feels like the fuel saving has become more important since refuelling was out.
Compared to the refuelling era, of course. Because you can't do a splash and dash if you need to. I'm talking about before that. Prost, Senna, Mansell etc didn't win races going flat out all the time. They were smart.

Compared to the refuelling era, of course. Because you can't do a splash and dash if you need to. I'm talking about before that. Prost, Senna, Mansell etc didn't win races going flat out all the time. They were smart.
OK fair enough, thats getting well out of my age bracket when I started following the F1.

You don't even have to go back that far - even the last few years with engine/gearbox/tyre limitations, drivers have been regulating their speeds. I can't remember a time when it didn't happen for one reason or another.

You don't even have to go back that far - even the last few years with engine/gearbox/tyre limitations, drivers have been regulating their speeds. I can't remember a time when it didn't happen for one reason or another.
I was more saying that in the last few years everyone's heard those instructions over the radios and gotten shitty about it. But it would have always been going on.

All that tells me is that the FIA are using crap equipment, and then expecting multi-million dollar enterprises to rely on it. I'm amazed other teams didn't do the same thing Red Bull did.
Check out the AutoSport website. There is an article there which says that MANY teams experienced the same thing, who then complained to the FIA, who told them ALL the same thing as Red Bull, and they ALL followed the FIA recommendations and offset their fuel flow. Except Red Bull...

Unfortunately I don't have the link at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only speaking generally, and just my opinion. But it seems to be an area that can be exploited.

If the flow rate wasn't restricted, then the fuel suppliers would just go bananas developing fuel. They'd make more concentrated fuel. 100kgs of fuel becomes then becomes the equivalent of 120kgs, or whatever amount, of previous years. The cars then can run richer, for longer. I think that defeats the purpose of these new cars. I think the idea of these cars is to promote efficiency and have KERS, or ERS-K, become a bigger contributor of power.
Surely they would all be using the exact same fuel supplied by the stewards.

Don't see how fuel flow rates are related to the fuel itself. Pretty sure that fuel composition is already regulated anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back