Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross and Malceski are completely completely different players. Completely different. As long as we didn't pick him up as a free agent, Malceski would be super handy for a couple of years.
Ridiculous - that is why we have not been able to build a list!! Ideas like that. Look at Dom Tyson - classic example of what we need more of. Runner up in the B & F and the average footy follower doesn't even know him. I say let's start doing to other clubs what they have been doing to us. For example, Simmonds, Thompson and Jolly all left and became All Australians!

Ridiculous - that is why we have not been able to build a list!! Ideas like that. Look at Dom Tyson - classic example of what we need more of. Runner up in the B & F and the average footy follower doesn't even know him. I say let's start doing to other clubs what they have been doing to us. For example, Simmonds, Thompson and Jolly all left and became All Australians!

There aren't a huge amount of Dom Tyson like players just waiting to be plucked from their clubs though... we can't say no to quality players.

If you followed our game style closely this year, you may have noticed that almost our biggest difficiemcy was being able to run and dispose of the ball from half back.

Malceski would be worth a couple of rungs on the ladder to us next year in my opinion. Experienced, all australian half back flanker from a quality environment.

I agree, but D Tyson and the way we got him won't happen often. Picking up Malceski to provide some half decent kicking from the backline for a year or two while we find/develop a younger HBF with good disposal by foot does nothing to hurt us. As long as we get him cheap - nobody is saying we should give up anything of value for him. Think of it this way, Terlich is reasonably young but isn't going to take us anywhere. No harm in replacing Terlich in the best 22 with Malceski.

If you followed our game style closely this year, you may have noticed that almost our biggest difficiemcy was being able to run and dispose of the ball from half back.

Malceski would be worth a couple of rungs on the ladder to us next year in my opinion. Experienced, all australian half back flanker from a quality environment.
Please don't talk game style. Game style only develops with quality. We are still very much in survival mode on the field. Improved yes but still a long way to go. I love Malceski - have for years - but after this week he is close to spent in my opinion. We don't want to become the superannuation option. We couldn't pay Woewodin or find a spot for him, yet we want a champion from another club. Decisions like this is where club culture is formed - care required!!!!

Please don't talk game style. Game style only develops with quality. We are still very much in survival mode on the field. Improved yes but still a long way to go. I love Malceski - have for years - but after this week he is close to spent in my opinion. We don't want to become the superannuation option. We couldn't pay Woewodin or find a spot for him, yet we want a champion from another club. Decisions like this is where club culture is formed - care required!!!!

We've hardly got a plethora of old blokes on the list? A bit of experience and talent across half back is exactly what we need for a year or 2.

Can't help but feel you've contradicted yourself a little bit there. The guy is a current All-Australian who is about to play in a grand final - he's hardly cooked.

We've hardly got a plethora of old blokes on the list? A bit of experience and talent across half back is exactly what we need for a year or 2.

Can't help but feel you've contradicted yourself a little bit there. The guy is a current All-Australian who is about to play in a grand final - he's hardly cooked.
No - agree. He is a gun. But in two years we might be 9 - 11 wins only and he's done. And then what? We must scan other clubs for young Victorians - 21 - 24 years of age. Thoughts? Also, while I'm at it - should we pull out of the Casey set up? I hate the idea and the location.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree - I think i read that two from GWS want out - a young ruckman from memory. What about pick 2 for that player and say another first rounder?

Did you suggest we trade pick 2 for a young ruckman of some sort?

You don't even know who it is. Why wouldn't we draft a young ruckman like everyone else does using late picks. Or maybe start our offers with picks not in the first round for a position we are doing ok.

Did you suggest we trade pick 2 for a young ruckman of some sort?

You don't even know who it is. Why wouldn't we say draft a young ruckman like everyone else des using late picks. Or maybe start our offers with picks not in the first round for a position we are doing ok.
Hope he doesn't mean Giles.

Frost and Jacksh ain't worth pick 2 either.

Disagree - I think i read that two from GWS want out - a young ruckman from memory. What about pick 2 for that player and say another first rounder?

What, a 27 year old ruckman?

If you can't remember the players then maybe find out before you 'disagree'.

How the * is Dangerfield second? Do you get Brownlow points for kicking massive bags of behinds now?

Christ, Matt Priddis is going to win it...

Umpires right. You wrong.

Ha, I'll put that one in my pocket for use next season. Don't let me catch you saying anything negative about those magnificent yellow shirted bastards...

How the * is Dangerfield second? Do you get Brownlow points for kicking massive bags of behinds now?
Christ, Matt Priddis is going to win it...
The umps were probably thinking Ablett would take it out in a canter then weren't sure who to vote for after he got hurt, so they gave out votes to whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back