Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So stupid of them to say that, if Adelaide offered Sloane, Tex and Danger to Brisbane for pick 4 and pick 22(or whatever they get), would you really expect them to say "No, sorry, no deal. We have stated that pick 4 in the upcoming national draft is not up for trade.", either they're stupid or it's just a ploy.

All were implying was you'll need to send a lot more than just Paddy Ryder our way if you want a look at our first pick.

How bout that, I valued him the same. That almost never happens on bigfooty :p

Well it seems I'm the odd one out. I reckon Frost is worth a bit less than that, about mid-late third round. He looks promising, but certainly has a few flaws and he's also out of contract and told GWS he wants to leave, so they'll probably have to accept unders for him.

Well it seems I'm the odd one out. I reckon Frost is worth a bit less than that, about mid-late third round. He looks promising, but certainly has a few flaws and he's also out of contract and told GWS he wants to leave, so they'll probably have to accept unders for him.
GWS could chuck O'Rourke in ;)

GWS could chuck O'Rourke in ;)

Ha, maybe. The thing with Frost, he could be a good steak knives type of player. Say if the Giants were open to trading Shiel, for example, but we don't think he's quite good enough to be worth pick 3, adding in Frost could make the trade happen (so pick 3 for Shiel and Frost)

We should throw the chequebook at Suckling. Would give up our second rounder for him and an upgrade of our third to Hawthorn's second. Maybe throw in Grimley. Might be overs for Hawthorn, idk.
There's a heap of other better players that we can "throw the chequebook" at JA7.

There's a heap of other better players that we can "throw the chequebook" at JA7.
Not that many players who might actually want out though. Suckling is gradually being pushed out of the Hawks best 22, and might be inclined to seek money and opportunity elsewhere. He's exactly what we need - someone who can actually kick the ball out of defence. He's also the only kind of player that we can attract in our current position.

Not that many players who might actually want out though. Suckling is gradually being pushed out of the Hawks best 22, and might be inclined to seek money and opportunity elsewhere. He's exactly what we need - someone who can actually kick the ball out of defence. He's also the only kind of player that we can attract in our current position.
Wait to see if Suckling gets pushed back out of the Hawks team for the GF (if they make it through today first). Then he would be disgruntled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin, Goddard and McKenzie will be available later in round 1 early round 2. McCartin isn't the only quality KPF in this years draft.
McKenzie has some big hauls against mediocre and/or undersized opponents.

Besides St.Kilda take him with their second pick if they go Petracca at 1.

McCartin is that dominate key forward, who's done it consistently and against quality opponents.
Durdin will probs go top 8, Goddard top 15.
Agreed, both will be gone. Keitel will be around at our pick, but he is far more speculative.

McKenzie has some big hauls against mediocre and/or undersized opponents.

Besides St.Kilda take him with their second pick if they go Petracca at 1.

McCartin is that dominate key forward, who's done it consistently and against quality opponents.

Agreed, both will be gone. Keitel will be around at our pick, but he is far more speculative.
Sounds like the exact sort of player we'll end up taking.

reservoir_dogs_harvey-keitel-wallpaper.jpg

Get this guy in the forward line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back