Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Crossy but really he stepped into the worst midfield of all time and he was probably wrongly delisted
But the Bulldogs have incredible midfield depth, and a bloke in Boyd who is the same as Cross

When you think of Delisted players think of Joel MacDonald
I'm pretty sure that Cross wasn't really 'delisted' against his will. The Bulldogs would probably have gladly retained him on their list but they couldn't guarantee him actual playing time, and he'd have spent the year playing mostly reserves footy and mentoring their younger mids. Since he felt that he was still best 22 material they then would have offered to mutually end his time there so that he could be picked up by any club as a DFA rather than having to go through the draft.

When you think of Delisted players think of Joel MacDonald

Reasonable player for basically no cost. Every team needs soldiers. Unfortunately in our case every team also needs stars to lead the way for them.

I think he was Jack

Cross said he "couldn't love the Bulldogs any more, to be honest", but understood the decision his former club made.
"I would've loved to have stayed at the Bulldogs, but that wasn't my decision in the end and I understood that."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/daniel-cross-to-join-demons-20131021-2vx1o.html#ixzz3DwuhUFxF

I'm pretty sure that Cross wasn't really 'delisted' against his will. The Bulldogs would probably have gladly retained him on their list but they couldn't guarantee him actual playing time, and he'd have spent the year playing mostly reserves footy and mentoring their younger mids. Since he felt that he was still best 22 material they then would have offered to mutually end his time there so that he could be picked up by any club as a DFA rather than having to go through the draft.

Would you guys entertain Sam Reid + Tom Mitchell for Pick 2 + steak knives?

I dont really understand why we would.

But if it happened and they got mal as well as a free agent that would be a pretty decent side starting to be built there. Great insider midfielder who has ten years of league footy in him, a potentially very good chf, chb who has ten years of footy in him and a gun AA hbf who can hit targets over fifty metres lace out.

hogan, dawes, reid as tall forwards and still have a very high draft pick provided frawley compensation works out

go dees !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll get Colin Hounsell and Barry Round from Sydney for a sportsman's night!! They will; not do business with us as they simply don't need to - they have a top line academy.

Sam Reid + Mitchell for #3 is about right. No cutlery. Whether injured or not, Mitchell has been on the outer this year and his value has dropped. Reid is a pretty decent player but I don't think he's a dominant key forward. He runs around a lot, isn't going to kick bags of goals attracting the #1 or #2 defender and also gets injured a fair bit. Alone, I don't know if I'd give up our second rounder for Reid. To me he's a pick #30-35 ish kind of player who despite our shitness I don't think would be that much of an improvement. Might turn into a useful defender though?

We'll get Colin Hounsell and Barry Round from Sydney for a sportsman's night!! They will; not do business with us as they simply don't need to - they have a top line academy.
I know the words are from the English language, but that is as far as my brain can go in interpreting that post.

Me too. Overs for us, I think.

Also can't see Sydney offloading Reid. Apart from his long-term, high-value contract, why would they?

Because he doesn't perform consistently (like, ever) and they could take a top end tall with our pick?

I wouldn't be super keen on Sam Reid, although I think he'd play better as a key forward and not a third tall behind two guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back