List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to keep up with all the players we are reportedly chasing. Just to summarise, we are apparently chasing via free agency or trade:

Frawley, Shiel, Jacksh, Carlisle, Mitch Robinson, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Wingard, Tom Mitchell and Mitch Clark, all of whom we'd love to get minus Robinson.

Plus we have made failed overtures to Mundy and possibly Fyfe and may lose any of Lowden, Hallahan, Schoey and TOB.

Am I keeping up?

It's different though, we are in a position to shop aggressively... That's what we seems to have been doing.
Its the same story every year though . . . the last couple of years we have been linked to numerous players and it seems there is nothing more to it than player manager wishful thinking. At most we did a bit of due diligence on Clarke but not sure we even did that yet the papers were full of rumours. The only one I give any credit to is the Carlise rumour because we would need to have discussed this with the AFL to some extent and they are the biggest leakers in football.

It's hard to keep up with all the players we are reportedly chasing. Just to summarise, we are apparently chasing via free agency or trade:

Frawley, Shiel, Jacksh, Carlisle, Mitch Robinson, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Wingard, Tom Mitchell and Mitch Clark, all of whom we'd love to get minus Robinson.

Plus we have made failed overtures to Mundy and possibly Fyfe and may lose any of Lowden, Hallahan, Schoey and TOB.

Am I keeping up?
You forgot Grimley

Am I keeping up?

I think you are

I don't think we're a chance to land either but from that list my preference is Jaksch and Mitchell.

Why would we pay Tom Mitchell $500k and god know what picks/players to the Swans when we have Hallahan and Woodward playing at BH ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hallahan is not afl standard. Should be traded to somewhere he might get regular game time and free up space on our list.

Have said it before, we should be packaging up picks and fringe players with any value (including schoenmakers and suckling) and looking for genuine a-graders. Dangerfield and Cotchin in the first instance.

Last edited:
Hall again is not afl standard. Should be traded to somewhere he might get regular game time and free up space on our list.

Have said it before, we should be packaging up picks and fringe players with any value (including schoenmakers and suckling) and looking for genuine a-graders. Dangerfield and Cotchin in the first instance.

You can keep saying it but fringe players and mid to late first round picks ain't going get you a Dangerfield.

Fringe players and late first/second/third round picks ain't going get you a Dangerfield.

Yeah I guess that's optimistic. We should be willing to really open up the cheque book too if free agency is an option.

But I would still trade suckling, schoenmakers and our first rounder for dangerfield (which the crows would likely laugh at).

Excuse the intrusion, didn't know where to ask this.

Would you guys be able to provide an honest assessment of Suckling as a player? Not saying you are trading him or we are going after, just would like your thoughts on his strengths/weaknesses etc.

I think that he can be inconsistent with his kicking despite what some say but would like your thoughts as you go to Hawthorn games and therefore are able to see more clearly how he adds value to your team.

Thanks.

Excuse the intrusion, didn't know where to ask this.

Would you guys be able to provide an honest assessment of Suckling as a player? Not saying you are trading him or we are going after, just would like your thoughts on his strengths/weaknesses etc.

I think that he can be inconsistent with his kicking despite what some say but would like your thoughts as you go to Hawthorn games and therefore are able to see more clearly how he adds value to your team.

Thanks.

A cream player. I think he'd be found out at a lesser club.

I also agree that his kicking is somewhat overrated (from a consistency angle), he's also very one-sided and has a lot to work on defensively.

Can break lines, so definitely has value.

Yeah I guess that's optimistic. We should be willing to really open up the cheque book too if free agency is an option.

But I would still trade suckling, schoenmakers and our first rounder for dangerfield (which the crows would likely laugh at).

I'd love a Dangerfield like every other club would...but he's going to cost you somewhere in the vicinity of 900k-1.1 mill....from my understanding after the Franklin deal fell through that Hawthorn wouldn't compromise its player/payment structure again. Unless he takes a major pay cut....I don't think we're in the picture. We originally built our side from the draft, then topped up with players......its a proven winner as long as we have the right recruiting manager/structure in place.

Slightly off topic - Robbo just said that if Ryder wants to go to Brisbane, Essendon will want pick 4 and Aish....I love how unbiased he is.

IMO if Ryder goes to Brisbane it will be for pick 20 or as a DFA.

I think we use the money we would have offered franklin (5 years at $8-$900k or whatever) and give him the chance to play in a good team in his home state.

Dangerfield doesn't seem the most money hungry.

giphy.gif
Man cudos for appropriate gif. Most I've laughed in a god damn week (well, at least since Geelong got knocked out by North).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back