List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick of checking this thread In the hope there might be some legitimate player movement developments, only to find more pointless discussions regarding some of the most unrealistic targets in the AFL.

I am surprised you didn't know that these threads are like Fantasyland at this time each year. The main interest is in laughing at the preposterous not being informed.
Actually to be fair some posters do take it seriously and nominate players that may address our perceived needs. Unfortunately, they are swamped by the "let's get a superstar for nothing" brigade.

Straight swap for Bonti I recon.
Throw in smith, hill, roughie and Gunston and you got ya self a deal. Ha.

I'm biased obviously, but interested in an outsiders opinion on bonti. Best young talent that's come to the club since Chris grant kicked 50 as a 17 year old IMO

Throw in smith, hill, roughie and Gunston and you got ya self a deal. Ha.

I'm biased obviously, but interested in an outsiders opinion on bonti. Best young talent that's come to the club since Chris grant kicked 50 as a 17 year old IMO
I would sell the farm for Bont. Kid looks an absolute gun.

In terms of Lowden, i'd suggest your third rounder would get the job done, or we might ask for 2nd rounder and then upgrade your later picks, something like that.

I don't think 43 would get it done, which is the Bulldogs current 3rd rounder. 25 is too high though, maybe Lowden + our second (37) for 25 and 43? Not sure the Bullies would like that to be honest.

EDIT - What's the Higgins compensation likely to be?

I don't think 43 would get it done, which is the Bulldogs current 3rd rounder. 25 is too high though, maybe Lowden + our second (37) for 25 and 43? Not sure the Bullies would like that to be honest.

2nd rounder and a swap of picks later on to sweeten it....Wright style

Dogs desperate for a big man, but 1 senior game in 6 years, hasn't proven a lot, just potential.

Lowden for Higgins? Not sure they'd take it.

2nd rounder and a swap of picks later on to sweeten it....Wright style

Dogs desperate for a big man, but 1 senior game in 6 years, hasn't proven a lot, just potential.
Not desperate for a ruckman. As I said earlier, campbell was the dominant ruckman in the vfl this year.

The interest in Lowden tells me minson is on the move to be honest.

Not desperate for a ruckman. As I said earlier, campbell was the dominant ruckman in the vfl this year.

The interest in Lowden tells me minson is on the move to be honest.
I have seen Campbell in a few games this year and looks to have ability but not the self belief yet. Is a lot more glacial than Lowden but probably a stronger mark than Lowden.
Lowden is probably the better starting ruck but they would probably compliment each other as a duo.

I reckon Lowden is worth the standard second round pick that most non dominant ruckman fetch in a trade. He is genuine late bloomer that will never be a champion but will offer more value than Hampson and Renouf types.

Last edited:
The only way Dangerfield will get to the Hawks is if he single-mindedly and resolutely says he's going. And he's only going to the Hawks. Bit like Burger and Gunston. There's no way he'll be coming our way if it's a bidding war. And, I must say, that sort of thing 'aint our way of doing things.
I feel Hawthorn are in the box seat to get Dangerfield unless he 100% states he wants a trade to Geelong only.
Dangerfield constantly talks about wanting success, and currently Hawthorn are by far the most successful Victorian team.
Geelong have very little to offer Adelaide so if it comes down to a bidding war we will most likely lose.

I have seen Campbell in a few games this year and looks to have ability but not the self belief yet. Is a lot more glacial than Lowden but probably a stronger mark than Lowden.
Lowden is probably the better starting ruck but they would probably compliment each other as a duo.

I reckon Lowden is worth the standard second round pick that most non dominant ruckman fetch in a trade. He is genuine late bloomer that will never be a champion but will offer more value than Hampson and Renouf types.
Campbell's 2 years younger, better performed at vfl level and more experienced at AFL level. Would you give up a 2nd rounder for tom campbell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger met with Al Clarkson today - was just on the footy show. Apparently, about playing in the international series. LOL.

No, it's actually because Clarkson will be coaching the Crows next year. Just thought they'd meet down at Waverley to talk Crow business.

Campbell's 2 years younger, better performed at vfl level and more experienced at AFL level. Would you give up a 2nd rounder for tom campbell?
I take your point. But if they were both put on the market I think Lowden would be picked first. May be that is biased but he moves better and that is a big consideration nowadays.

I still maintain Lowden will go for pick in the late 20s early 30s. And no I wouldn't give that up for Campbell.:D

I take your point. But if they were both put on the market I think Lowden would be picked first. May be that is biased but he moves better and that is a big consideration nowadays.

I still maintain Lowden will go for pick in the late 20s early 30s. And no I wouldn't give that up for Campbell.:D
Ha. Like it. I can appreciate some good old fashioned, open bias.

Anyways, the interest is around minson moreso imo. If Lowden comes in, I think it tells us wilbur is gawrn.

Hampson went for 28, Renouf went for 33. Hell even Angus Graham returned a pick of 40 to Richmond. The price of a ruck is heavily inflated due to the investment period, which in Lowden's case has been six years.

Hampson went for 28, Renouf went for 33. Hell even Angus Graham returned a pick of 40 to Richmond. The price of a ruck is heavily inflated due to the investment period, which in Lowden's case has been six years.
And how did all those trades work out for the teams acquiring the players???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back