List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's available to trade out? We need to find another couple of midfield guns and KPD (although Frawley would fill that). We probably need a KPF too (what happens if Roughy goes down? TOB is not ready and may not be in 2015).

Would a mix of Shoey, O'brien, Grimley, Suckling, Hallahan, Cheney and/or Lowden get us Dangerfield and O'Rourke (or another 20 to 22yo that's ready to go) without giving up our number 1st pick?

Frawley as an unrestricted FA.

We have pick #1. Of course we're not offering pick #1 for him alone, but it's very likely GWS are going to throw him up as part of a package deal for pick #1.
what do you think the likely package deal is? i just don't see Saints or GWS having the balls to do a deal for pick 1....especially involving O'Rourke

It depends how desperate GWS is to get Petrecca.....The Saints may see value in it because they probably want a Riewoldt replacement, the best KP forward in which he should slip to 3
I don't think the Giants would be desperate for another quality mid. Looking at their drafting and current squad, they have an abundance of mids, hence O'Rourke not pushing though.

I don't think the Giants would be desperate for another quality mid. Looking at their drafting and current squad, they have an abundance of mids, hence O'Rourke not pushing though.

They may rate Petracca a better player than what they have already in their team. They pretty much have abundance of everything except KP defenders....they aren't going to waste a top 3 pick on a defender.

Last edited:
People are talking about pick #3 (which could well end up pick + O'Rourke + Jaksch for pick 1. Not the biggest fan taking into the account of injury troubles etc. St Kilda will only accept a deal if it's heavily in our favour, otherwise we'll go to the draft and take Petracca. With this in mind people are thinking to trade pick #1 + #39 to GWS for #4 + O'Rourke + Jaksch + #24.

But it changes it every day, we'll have the upper hand if these players nominate us and the fact GWS have a hard-on for Petracca. So we'll stuff them over if they really want him.

It changes every day though, one day people want Jeremy Cameron, the next talk is we want Shiel + #4, or Whitfield + #4. Which obviously is overs for pick #1 (which is the whole point). We want overs or we'll take Petracca ourselves, but a few of the GWS boys wanting out gives possible trades a chance.

It's a win/win situation either way though, we either get overs, or we get Petracca, the best player of the draft.

Also wouldn't be surprised if you guys gave up pick #18/#19 for O'Rourke (sweetners either way perhaps) and that pick was on traded for us in a deal of draft picks only for pick #1.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Pick 18+Swap of picks+Hallihan will get it done. They'll ask for Shields/Pops/Dureya/Sewell insted of Hallihan but they are crying out for mature big bodied midfielders
Tell them to get stuffed. Also not sure how keen they would be in gaining an extra player to their list. Just means they have to cull yet another

Pick 18+Swap of picks+Hallihan will get it done. They'll ask for Shields/Pops/Dureya/Sewell insted of Hallihan but they are crying out for mature big bodied midfielders

Why would we give up a JJ Liston trophy winner for an unproven O'Rourke, let alone a JJ Liston trophy winner + Pick 18?

What do we think that GWS would be looking for player wise?

I know what the Suns need, another leader on the field, when Ablett went down, they lost they way. I think GWS could do with an experienced premiership leader, who can play a year or two, not sure if Sewell's body wil hold up or whether he will move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn's Pick 18 + Schoenmakers FOR GWS's Jaksch + O'Rourke.

GWS trade Pick #3 + Schoenmakers to Saint Kilda for #Pick 1.

Saints get a key forward/defender and pick 3.
Giants get their man in Petracca.
Hawks get Jaksch + O'Rourke and tell Frawley to find 700K elsewhere.

Winners all round.

O'Rourke is who again? First round pick? Nah! Second rounder and no more. We can't lose the likes of Hallahan, Woodward or Lowden for a nobody! Prove yourself then be rewarded I say.
That is what I have been saying, we are in premiership window and Hallahan would be more important next year. He is a battering ram, very strong and verstile, consistently gets large possessions and works hard to find spaceand does not mind kicking a goal. Now, who is ORourke and how does he compare. It is not just about giving up our 1st pick but losing one of these guys as taking up their space, allowing them to play AFL.

Winners all round.

lol.

Where O'Rourke was drafted a couple of years ago has no relevance to his value in 2014. I don't think I've seen him play, so I have no real idea what his value is. I'll trust Wrighty to figure out what we should offer, if anything, though.

Winners all round.
you can't trade a player that you traded in that period. only picks can be on-traded. you're hypothetical needs to be a 3 way deal...

Why would we give up a JJ Liston trophy winner for an unproven O'Rourke, let alone a JJ Liston trophy winner + Pick 18?

Winners all round.

We're on planet earth thats why

Hallihan is not in our team, He got games this year but didn't manage to crack the two spots which were open for him. He's too good for VFL and not good enough to crack a very settled premiership team like Kennedy before him. The bloke who he won it with from Geelong just got de-listed, there are good reasons some of these blokes are in the VFL

Trade him while he has currency. to a team. O'Rourke is a very talented player, He didn't go pick 2 for nothing.

Please add more to the forum that posts like that. Otherwise, go to your own board.

...He kind of has a point

We're on planet earth thats why

Hallihan is not in our team, He got games this year but didn't manage to crack the two spots which were open for him. He's too good for VFL and not good enough to crack a very settled premiership team like Kennedy before him. The bloke who he won it with from Geelong just got de-listed, there are good reasons some of these blokes are in the VFL

Trade him while he has currency. to a team. O'Rourke is a very talented player, He didn't go pick 2 for nothing.

If deciding between the two... I would rather keep Hallahan who has served a good apprenticeship at Box Hill and the potential Pick 18 rather than go after O'Rourke.

However, I'm sure there's a Mexican girl who would question why we can't have both.

PS. The fact that you can't spell his name correctly tells me that you don't know much about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back