List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mail is Shiel has re-signed with the Giants and should be announced at the end of the season, but apparently O'Rourke is off to the Hawks

According to this bloke......O'Rourke will be at Hawthorn next year.

So I'm going to start off the bidding before anyone else gets in.....Grimley and a 3rd round pick for O'Rourke.

Really.....what's a former number 2 pick with two years development worth ?

So I'm going to start off the bidding before anyone else gets in.....Grimley and a 3rd round pick for O'Rourke.

How many picks would we drop if we swapped our 1st for their 2nd?

How many picks would we drop if we swapped our 1st for their 2nd?
4 spots if we win the premiership and they finish 2nd last. I believe GC and Essendon have end of 1st round draft picks. I have a feeling that Melbourne's compo for Frawley could end up as an end of first rounder as well.

More than a former number 2 pick who's only managed to play 7 games in 2 years at senior level with the bottom side.

More than a former number 2 pick who's only managed to play 7 games in 2 years at senior level with the bottom side.

Its only 5 less games that Dom Tyson who was pretty much in the same position as O'Rourke was this time last year.

Melbourne traded Pick 2 for pick 9 and Dom Tyson.

Last edited:
Its only 5 less games that Dom Tyson who was pretty much in the same position as O'Rourke was this time last year.

Melbourne traded Pick 2 for pick 9 and Dom Tyson.
Not saying he wouldn't be a good pick up but let's not assume he'll suddenly come good like Tyson or Miles did. Could just be another Jack Watts.

He's very much a fringe player for GWS who hasn't been able to consistently get a game in one of the currently poorest sides in the league. I hope we pay accordingly regardless of what pick they thought he was worth 2 years ago. He's currently worth a lot less to GWS than he could be for us.

Not saying he wouldn't be a good pick up but let's not assume he'll suddenly come good like Tyson or Miles did. Could just be another Jack Watts.

He's very much a fringe player for GWS who hasn't been able to consistently get a game in one of the currently poorest sides in the league. I hope we pay accordingly regardless of what pick they thought he was worth 2 years ago. He's currently worth a lot less to GWS than he could be for us.

I concur with that, I was just making the opposite point, lets not assume he's an average player because he hasn't played many games in a bottom of the ladder side.
If its true that we are indeed chasing him, we surely don't think he's in the Jack watts category of failures.

I have confidence in our scouting and development department (Wrighty at the helm). If they do go after O'Rourke, I imagine they see something, rather than "oh he was no.2 draft pick".

We've shown in the past couple years especially, that our development department is pretty spot on. I imagine a young mid like O'Rourke (who possesses solid physical attributes) coming into a side with A-Grade players like Lewis, Mitchell, Hodgey, Burgers (need I continue), would learn a hell of a lot.

If we manage to secure JOR and Frawley the AFL will come down hard on us under 'equalisation'. Both would be great signings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God i'd kill to get Rockliff, he is obscenely good, averaging something like 35+ possessions, 8 or so tackles and a goal or two... He's a freak, imagine him driving our midfield for the next 5 years, I like his mongrel too
Only slight against him is that he's going to miss 2-3 matches every year due to suspension. If he could clean that up without losing his aggression at the ball he'll likely win a Brownlow.

Only slight against him is that he's going to miss 2-3 matches every year due to suspension. If he could clean that up without losing his aggression at the ball he'll likely win a Brownlow.

Same could be argued for Jordan Lewis a little while back, and he's done exactly that - hard at it, but keeps it all in check.

geez this Jono O'Rourke is a nice size mid and has some good burst speed about him. Don't mind the look of Wilson and Kennedy for the Giants, what's their status?

I know this is a bit controversial , but what do people think about offering malceski a 3 year deal and trading birchall for a top 5 pick to try and nab petracca . I love birchall but he gets tagged out of the game too easily and mal is in ripping form . That allows us a like for like half back flanker and add a potential A grade midfielder ? I think we need to be ruthless to compete with sydney , freo and the cats in the coming years ???

I know this is a bit controversial , but what do people think about offering malceski a 3 year deal and trading birchall for a top 5 pick to try and nab petracca . I love birchall but he gets tagged out of the game too easily and mal is in ripping form . That allows us a like for like half back flanker and add a potential A grade midfielder ? I think we need to be ruthless to compete with sydney , freo and the cats in the coming years ???

That is controversial.....nice thinking outside the box.

Are you my alias account?

Wo
Would rather trade suckling + 1st pick for top 5 pick and get mal

Wo
Would rather trade suckling + 1st pick for top 5 pick and get mal
that would be my preferred option , do you think Melbourne would take suckling + pick 18 ? For pick 2 , I doubt it when they can take petracca

It would be a massive call for the club to make but it's worth discussing. I don't think Birchall would quite net us a top 5 tho. And I also think Petracca will go pick 2 to Melbourne if the Saints keep their pick 1(McCartin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back