List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are being silly.

Clubs would love to get their hands on Reid alone, without adding in Rohan who would be a great sweetener.

Can't see it happening though .

Hey guys, I haven't read much of this thread so I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but Im just enquiring about Sam Grimley. I see you guys have 6 ruck/fwds not including Roughead.
Obviously Grimley is at least behind Roughead, Hale, McEvoy, & Ceglar who apart from Hale still have plenty of footy ahead of them and then he's also fighting it out with another 2 in Lowden and Brand.

I sawing your contract status thread that his contract status is unknown. Does anyone know now re his status?

What would his trade value be to Hawthorn and what do you guys most need? young inside mids and young tall defenders?

Hey guys, I haven't read much of this thread so I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but Im just enquiring about Sam Grimley. I see you guys have 6 ruck/fwds not including Roughead.
Obviously Grimley is at least behind Roughead, Hale, McEvoy, & Ceglar who apart from Hale still have plenty of footy ahead of them and then he's also fighting it out with another 2 in Lowden and Brand.

I sawing your contract status thread that his contract status is unknown. Does anyone know now re his status?

What would his trade value be to Hawthorn and what do you guys most need? young inside mids and young tall defenders?
I think we'd take a set of steak knives, possibly would settle for a bag of oranges.

But if we were able to get our hands on Jarryd Lyons I'd happily take that deal.

Geez Swans players get overated. Without Buddy they wouldn't be in the top 4.

Just as an example, Sam Grimley averages 3 more posessions and 2 marks a game more than Sam Reid with the same amount of goals per game. Only Reid has played 72 games to achieve less than Grimley has in 3. Yet one is getting delisted while the other earns 500k a year and is supposed worth pick 2.

Meanwhile Mitch Hallahan avergaes 9 more posessions, more tackles, more marks, more I50s, equal in goals per game and 5 times as many assists as Gary Rohan, again in much less games and hes also not up to it, while any team would love to have Rohan.

Dont even get me started on Tom Mitchell.

Am I missing something ?

Happy to accept a straight swap for Sloane.

Trying to answer your sensible question sensibly - Grimley for Lyons would be fine but as a draft pick - around 30-40

I'm still spewing we didn't get mumford....the bloke is a wrecking ball.
Love the dude.
But because he is a wrecking ball, his body is a bit.. well.. wrecked.
He has missed a heap of games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he missed any more games than what McEvoy has for us this year?

I reckon we could have got him cheaper than McEvoy also.
Not too sure.
Also thinking he was on big money... but man it would've been nice to have him in the side.

....I sawing your contract status thread that his contract status is unknown. Does anyone know now re his status?

I have been told Sam has another year to run. I'd imagine he will seek a trade if he wants an AFL career. We are pretty reasonable in letting guys go if it means extending their career so Sam wont cost much.

Could Big Boy be trade bait at the end of the year?
Why on earth would we trade him?

Hale will play to the end of next year at best. Will probably retire this year if we win the flag again.

Ceglar will completely replace Hale in time.

Lowden is promising but he's been on the list for many years now and has only played the one game.

Trading McEvoy will leave us as of 2015 (or 2016 at the latest) with just Ceglar and Lowden as our rucks. We won't have any back up unless we trade for it or draft for it. And we all know how long it takes ruckman to become AFL level ready.

My thoughts are that we definitely keep him and we continue to play the best 2 form ruckman of the 3 (McEvoy, Ceglar and Lowden). As well as pick up a 4th back up ruckman on the rookie list (probably a physicially developed state league ruck) in case of injury to 2 of them.

Do we really think that because suckling plays for us other clubs would be that interested in him?

Birchall yes but can't see suckling getting us a pick below 30.

Handy type that can kick the cover off it but has a lot of weaknesses.

Do we really think that because suckling plays for us other clubs would be that interested in him?

Birchall yes but can't see suckling getting us a pick below 30.

Handy type that can kick the cover off it but has a lot of weaknesses.
I reckon we could get 15-20 for him if we put our mind to it. But I don't think we would be looking to trade him

with patton going down with a 2nd knee reco, does his worth decrease enough to have a nibble?
Some guys are just too big to be athletic. I think this is Patton's problem. My Theory is that the 200 cm forwards will wither be tall beanpole type players (see Westhoff) or run in straight lines contested marking types with the former been preferred. Athletic +195cm KPP have a poor injury record. Buddy is a freak but guys like Tippett, Patton, Gumbleton etc. seem unable to stay on the park.

with patton going down with a 2nd knee reco, does his worth decrease enough to have a nibble?
yes, my thoughts exactly. we should test out these waters.
He is surplus to requirements at GWS with Cameron and Boyd the preferred options. His second knee will decrease his value and have some risk attached, but he is still a special talent. We should throw something up to GWS to tempt them into a trade. We don't need Patton firing in 2015, he's our long term replacement to Rough.

Thoughts of maybe Schoe/Gus/Suckling and a 1st/2nd rounder

yes, my thoughts exactly. we should test out these waters.
He is surplus to requirements at GWS with Cameron and Boyd the preferred options. His second knee will decrease his value and have some risk attached, but he is still a special talent. We should throw something up to GWS to tempt them into a trade. We don't need Patton firing in 2015, he's our long term replacement to Rough.

Thoughts of maybe Schoe/Gus/Suckling and a 1st/2nd rounder
We just signed Gus about two weeks ago for 2 more years, can't see us trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back