List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
only problem with going to a crap team is that you might get delisted or so sick of losing you give up the game early.......so hopefully he takes less cash and comes to a team like ours that have a good environment to play for.......

what would a player like Jaksch look at, a bit more money and longer contract, or play for a winning team and actually enjoy your career for a bit less cash?, the decision is up to him, but i know what i'd choose......

What's Jaksch worth, I wouldn't give up our first pick for him, when you've got Schoenmakers, O'Brien, Grimley, Brand and possibly Dear next year running around in the 2nds.

What's Jaksch worth, I wouldn't give up our first pick for him, when you've got Schoenmakers, O'Brien, Grimley, Brand and possibly Dear next year running around in the 2nds.
Schoenmakers has played more games this year in a better side so he's certainly worth less than what we'd estimate Schoey's trade value to be.

Schoenmakers has played more games this year in a better side so he's certainly worth less than what we'd estimate Schoey's trade value to be.

Agree, maybe if they threw in a sweetener like young Jake Barrett, I'd give them our first pick.

I say Barrett, because he's consistently played well in there seconds but continues to be overlooked, similar to Anthony Miles who was clearly a victim of being at a club with to many of the same types.

I saw O'Rourke do two things on Saturday.

Drop an easy mark.....and pop his hamstring.

I'm very close to "do not want".

Dare I question a moderator, but basing an opinion on 1 game?

Malthouse said it well on Fri night - Players won't be retained, traded or delisted based on a 100 point hiding. It's their season and their development they're judged on.

Something a lot of fans (Im looking at the BHH haters who were off Hallahan/O'Brien/Kelly one week and then back on the next) should probably also take in to account when it comes to trades and delistings.
No, not just that. Having read a few opinions on him pre-draft, and getting the consensus that he was a bit of a surprise at Pick 3, I am probably looking for an out and out gun in the making if we're going to be trading for a young mid.

I admit I've only seen snippets of O'Rourke play, but I'm yet to see how the hype is justified.

That's not to say that he's not a superstar just waiting to happen, just that I've not seen much to back that up.

Sorry Ech, I've been living under a rock. I didn't know there was a great deal of hype surrounding the kid.

I'm with you to an extent. He's defintely done some nice things but hasn't yet done to enough to show he'll become an a-grade midfielder. Unlike say Josh Kelly.

I'd be going hard after Shiel or Treloar, and I believe that's what they're doing.
Treloar would be fantastic.

Treloar would be fantastic.
I believe the "GWS midfielder we are right into" is Matthew Buntine.

The " star" midfielder we seek will come via next years free agency period.

Nothing new here but potential Hawk delistings/trades:

Hallahan
Wanganeen
Grimley
Lowden
Simpkin
Ross

I believe that one of Shoenmakers, Suckling and O'brien may be used as bait should anything above average present itself.

Hallahan
Wanganeen
Grimley
Lowden
Simpkin
Ross

I believe that one of Shoenmakers, Suckling and O'brien may be used as bait should anything above average present itself.

Just a quick question as you seem to be in the loop so to speak. Would the club entertain a trade for Higgins with the Doggies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hallahan
Wanganeen
Grimley
Lowden
Simpkin
Ross

Are these just assumptions?

The reason I ask is because the HFC are very tight lipped when it comes to list management, to the point that only a select few have access to the office that houses their lists strategies, so I'd hope you're being fed porky pies or else we have a serious breach on our hands.

Of course, you could be Graham Wright.

Are these just assumptions?

The reason I ask is because the HFC are very tight lipped when it comes to list management, to the point that only a select few have access to the office that houses their lists strategies, so I'd hope you're being fed porky pies or else we have a serious breach on our hands.

Of course, you could be Graham Wright.
I could be :)

I would be surprised if players were used as bait. It seems that we have been very consistent in 2 things re: trading of late:

1/ getting our man to fill our needs, with those players having great impacts (lake, Gunston, Burgoyne, Gibson)
2/ not using players as bait.

If you look back at our trades of late it has only been those that have been looking to extend their careers/opportunities elsewhere. Hence why if be surprised if the above would be traded.

It appears schoey bleeds b&g, suckling is in clarko's first 22, and o'b has been given the 23. I don't see any of them having a reason to want to go, and I don't see the club trying to convince them otherwise.

This could be the call. Other clubs could still be tempted by the snippets of good, and memories of potential KP quality pre injury......

Shoey for Shiel......that would be tasty!

Hallahan
Wanganeen
Grimley
Lowden
Simpkin
Ross

Isn't Buntine a key defender? :/

If it is Buntine then I am pleased as he should develop into a taller midfielder. To me his style is similar to Ziebell or Vlaustin

Birch will never be a permanent Midfielder becasue he has no right side and doesn't tackle enough.

Since when has that affected Lewis, Rioli, Heppell, Pendlebury etc...they rarely use the right side by foot.

So are you saying he can't tackle...or he doesn't tackle enough.....you could put the majority of our list in that, Our club is ranked 18th for tackles.

It is certainly better if a centre square midfielder is dual sided. If it were me I would call it mandatory. Birchall's time to develop into a mid has passed and he is being used to our best advantage at half back. From watching the VFL last Saturday it is clear that Jordan Kelly is being looked at as a larger midfielder. Was this the 1st time he has played there? If not, how has he been going?

It would appear that we do recognise for a larger mid - hence Kelly and maybe Buntine fits in here as well. Also I would expect our 1st round draft pick to be a larger mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back