List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will shoey be traded if we can land another tall

Maybe if we land two talls in the trade/free agency period. If we only get one (such as Frawley, Jaksch), no way we should be getting rid of Schoenmakers unless he wants to leave or someone offers a deal too good to refuse. You don't just get rid of a young KPP with Lake, Gibson and even Spangher getting up there in age.

By the sounds of it Woodward and hallahan starred for boxhill yesterday , Woodward could be a gem in time

By the sounds of it Woodward and hallahan starred for boxhill yesterday , Woodward could be a gem in time

Woodward is an animal in and under those packs. He tackles with intent, has an uncanny ability to extract the ball quickly and accurately under a pile of players and for he's size he is great overhead. Most importantly, you can just tell the kid is extremely committed and wants nothing more than to make the grade. He's kicking isn't horrible but if he can fine tune it a bit, he could add a lot to the Hawthorn FC .

Hallahan is a bull and his brute strength makes him an elite inside midfielder at VFL level. His kicking is underrated, it's better than most think. He has good penetration and has the ability to drill passes accurately inside forward 50 and to a leading player in general play. Actually saw him drill one on his opposite foot yesterday. Don't get me wrong, his speed is a real worry, but if he can work on fitness and as a result cover the ground a bit better, he could develop himself into a fine player at AFL level.

One things for sure, they are both clear standouts at the level and had a lot to do with the win yesterday. If they can both fine tune some minor weak points in their game, then they're a shoe in to secure a spot in the senior side or on another AFL list. Hallahan might be stiff because we desperately need break away speed and acceleration at the centre bounces, so if we find an immediate fix who fits the bill, he may be out the door. Woody will be given another year to grow on current form and develop areas on his game which the club wants him to work on.

Trade Hallahan ......'cause of a perceived lack of pace....???....Think, Josh Kennedy not enough regrets for you......
Sam Mitchell ???

Exactly, and Hallahan is only 22.
He's young and has only played 5 AFL games, some as a sub; he's really never been given a chance

I'm not saying he's going to be a champion, but why write him off?

He's young and has only played 5 AFL games, some as a sub; he's really never been given a chance

Yep
I'd say the only reason Hallahan would leave would be because another club comes knocking on his door with a bigger contract and guaranteed game time......... Exactly like the Swans did with Josh Kennedy!
Hope we keep him, as I see Hallahan, Woodward and Anderson as our starting mids post Sewell, Mitchell etc

The funny thing is Davo..in years gone by, we would have killed for the depth we have now...:rolleyes:

With a midfield in 5 years of Woodward, Hallahan, Anderson, Langford, Hill and perhaps Bruest.... I feel we need a 185ish brute. Lavarde, Brayshaw the two that fit that bill in this years draft. Any kids elsewhere we should look at?

Woodward is an animal in and under those packs. He tackles with intent, has an uncanny ability to extract the ball quickly and accurately under a pile of players and for he's size he is great overhead. Most importantly, you can just tell the kid is extremely committed and wants nothing more than to make the grade. He's kicking isn't horrible but if he can fine tune it a bit, he could add a lot to the Hawthorn FC .

Hallahan is a bull and his brute strength makes him an elite inside midfielder at VFL level. His kicking is underrated, it's better than most think. He has good penetration and has the ability to drill passes accurately inside forward 50 and to a leading player in general play. Actually saw him drill one on his opposite foot yesterday. Don't get me wrong, his speed is a real worry, but if he can work on fitness and as a result cover the ground a bit better, he could develop himself into a fine player at AFL level.

One things for sure, they are both clear standouts at the level and had a lot to do with the win yesterday. If they can both fine tune some minor weak points in their game, then they're a shoe in to secure a spot in the senior side or on another AFL list. Hallahan might be stiff because we desperately need break away speed and acceleration at the centre bounces, so if we find an immediate fix who fits the bill, he may be out the door. Woody will be given another year to grow on current form and develop areas on his game which the club wants him to work on.

The best thing about Woody and Hallahan's games was that they were playing against experienced, hardened midfielders, not against young inexperienced ones.

In fact, if you take Pendlebury out of Collingwood, I think Port was a tougher midfield to compete with!

With a midfield in 5 years of Woodward, Hallahan, Anderson, Langford, Hill and perhaps Bruest.... I feel we need a 185ish brute. Lavarde, Brayshaw the two that fit that bill in this years draft. Any kids elsewhere we should look at?
Jordan Kelly is just over 190cm. Maybe he could be it. Does anyone who regularly watches Boxhill know if he's ever been tried in the guts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then maybe we don't need one. Pinwell has certainly got an AFL quality tank.

There have been calls to delist him.

With Garlett gone. Sewell likely retiring. Hale? Grimley?

I'd say we trade out Grimmers for a mid 3rd and cross our fingers and hope to bring in Weller, Jackson Nelson, Caleb Daniel and Harry Dear and I'll be a very happy camper

Someone has probably explained this already but with Garlett leaving, does that leave us with only two forced delistings/retirements?

I think Hallahan and Woodward being best on field in a final against Port Melbourne carries a lot of weight. I am sold on Woodward and Langford as our next inside mids and if Hallahan can join that level with Smith, Hill, Hartung and Anderson offering run and Breust running through there it looks really strong. Probably needs to be Sewell's last year to give these guys more games and midfield time. Have read that Hale has signed for another year, so you would think that one of McEvoy, Lowden or Grimley has to go.

Gartlett going does mean we only need to have another 2 delisted / retired.

Last edited:
I think Hallahan and Woodward being best on field in a final against Port Melbourne carries a lot of weight. I am sold on Woodward and Langford as our next inside mids and if Hallahan can join that level with Smith, Hill, Hartung and Anderson offering run and Breust running through there it looks really strong. Have read that Hale has signed for another year, so you would think that one of McEvoy, Lowden or Grimley has to go.
McEvoy won't be delisted if that's what you meant? Savage aside (who I still think will end up being a really decent player), we gave up two end of first round picks for him.

I think Hallahan and Woodward being best on field in a final against Port Melbourne carries a lot of weight. I am sold on Woodward and Langford as our next inside mids and if Hallahan can join that level with Smith, Hill, Hartung and Anderson offering run and Breust running through there it looks really strong. Probably needs to be Sewell's last year to give these guys more games and midfield time. Have read that Hale has signed for another year, so you would think that one of McEvoy, Lowden or Grimley has to go.

Gartlett going does mean we only need to have another 2 delisted / retired.
Why would we need to move McEvoy, Lowden or Grimley on because Hale has re-signed. There's no rule to say that our list can't have 4 rucks on it.

Grimley shouldn't be classed as a ruck, btw.

Indeed!

Odd that Grimley keeps appearing in delist posts here. Although he's had another patchy year, his goal hauls, height/athleticism, and the number of clubs desperate for KP forwards would surely net us a trade pick at worst.

We have decent forward stocks and the option of adding Harry Dear too.

If Lowden requests a trade for more opportunity, then I really hope we keep Grimley for one more year. He needs to get back to the forward/ruck role, not just a forward only which he has played the last 2yrs. Our rucks stocks have been deep and we have been very healthy in this area, but if Lowden goes and Hale retires at the end of 2015, then we will only have Ceglar and McEvoy and maybe a very young and raw Harry Dear.

I really really want to keep these two and develop them into our next Mitchell and Sewell.

I'd much much rather do it that way than getting a free agent - neither were high draft picks so it would really be rubbing it in the faces of the comp if they could go to that level

I also hope this for the recruiter's sake as we passed on Luke Parker to go form his team mate Hallahan.

I think we get to emotionally attached to players sometimes, just wishing fit them to succeed. But I'm reality, Hallahan is not going to be anything more than B grade. So do u bite the bullet and try to get a pick upgrade somewhere or package with our first rounder to bring in someone with a bit more pace.

Grimley has had his chance and I am not sold that it has all of the sudden clicked on the back of 3 games - 2 of which were against substandard opposition.
We should trade him out now while he has shown a bit to someone that is desperate for a forward.....buyer beware.

I am not sold on ToB either....I would certainly listen to offers. I would play Schoey forward before ToB.

We should pick up Harry Dear in this draft and he certainly shows promise.... so I have no prob offloading a forward or 2.

I hope we keep Lowden, but I fear the sharks are circling.

We have a tendency to over-rate our list and thing we should keep everyone, but then act surprised when the club delisted 4 or 5 players. The club has to turnover players in order to regenerate. If they are not in our best 22 now, then u listen to offers if it might increase the strength of your listen.

We are not going to turnover only 2 more players this year. 4 or 5 will go.

I am not sold on ToB either....I would certainly listen to offers. I would play Schoey forward before ToB.

You're not sold on an underweight KP player that has just completed his second year with one and half pre-seasons......spare me.

Id say for a KP forward he is developing accordingly. he is raw, yet he has all the skill sets to make it as a KP forward.
Once his body fills out then judge him. He shouldn't even be brought up in conversation.
Is 2 years now the new time limit ?

Last edited:
You're not sold on an underweight KP player that has just completed his second year and one and half pre-seasons......spare me.

Id say for a KP forward he is developing accordingly. he is raw, yet he has all the skill sets to make it as a KP forward.
Once his body fills out then judge him. He shouldn't even be brought up in conversation.
Is 2 years now the new time limit ?

Absolutely not ready in both size & mental application yet, but has shown already in his couple of appearances why Adelaide had him hidden away.

Also could be traded if he wanted to go , but seems happy at the Hawks, so a keeper for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back