List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if a small forward is high on our list of priorities this year.
Stick to the knitting. Our pressing needs are midfield and KPD.
Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell and Burgoyne will all be retiring in the next few years. Not hard to work out we will be looking for one or two potential A grade midfielders this year and next.
Lake and Gibson are nearing the end. We will recruit a KPD.
We have some of the best small forwards in the game in Rioli, Bruest and Puopolo so why would we be looking at Dahlhaus or someone similar.

I don't think Hawks will be that aggressive this trade period, maybe be another trade like last year, where we have to trade out someone because they've asked to be & we end up making a better deal out of it.

Just went on to the Doggies board and respectfully offered our first rounder (say 20) and Grimley for Dahlhaus. Had a few nip at my heels but made it out of there. Absolutely no deal on that offer. Stamped 'untouchable'.
Grimley isn't going to be the KPF that will take them to their next premiership so they're not likely going to value him. I think our first rounder for him (along with Grimley) would be enough but the Doggies obviously rate him more than us.

I don't think Hawks will be that aggressive this trade period, maybe be another trade like last year, where we have to trade out someone because they've asked to be & we end up making a better deal out of it.
I disagree, with the buddy war chest we currently have, we can and should aggressively pursue an elite midfielder ASAP. With a solid core again able to compete strongly, the hawks can most certainly do even further damage with added class in the middle. I'm sure the recruiting department has quietly been going about this for some time. Hell, they've probably even got themselves a signature.

Do you mean the bottom ended war chest...? If you don't mean Malceski or Frawley I don't know who you're thinking of.

I disagree, with the buddy war chest we currently have, we can and should aggressively pursue an elite midfielder ASAP. With a solid core again able to compete strongly, the hawks can most certainly do even further damage with added class in the middle. I'm sure the recruiting department has quietly been going about this for some time. Hell, they've probably even got themselves a signature.

Could we get the Dylan Shiel trade done this off-season?

Seems to be to many barriers on them recruiting a star midfield yet, as there are no Elite Mids that are FA's & they are not permitted to be talking to clubs to do a trade yet.

I've been relatively polite in my opinion of O'Rourke but I can't hold back any longer.

If he comes to Hawthorn I want a stash of what our recruiting department is having coz acid like that hasn't been around since Woodstock I'd imagine.

What do people see in him I have no idea? They have half their team missing through injury and yet he still couldn't make an impact.

Dahlhaus? Please shoot me now. The doggies rate him. So whatever people reckon is a fair deal it wont cut the mustard. You will need to pay overs.
Not footy related.

But a mates father told me about this awesome 'trip' he had in the 70's where him and a few mates had drove down to the Geelong, and when they drove back into Melbourne, they were tripping so hard that they drove right up to the fence of the Altona refinery, and with all the lights, towers, and buildings convinced themselves that they'd been locked out of the city of Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be to many barriers on them recruiting a star midfield yet, as there are no Elite Mids that are FA's & they are not permitted to be talking to clubs to do a trade yet.
you're right theres not as many options as first thought in terms of free agency. Definitely Dylan Shiel if its even a remote possibility. Might take a fair bit and more that we're willing to offer up

I would be in the ears of developing key defenders that may be looking at heading home. Guys like Henry Schade, Tom Clurey, Kristian Jaksh, or Tanner Smith. Next year could be the year to pursue our next A grade midfielder.

you're right theres not as many options as first thought in terms of free agency. Definitely Dylan Shiel if its even a remote possibility. Might take a fair bit and more that we're willing to offer up

Wait & see at this stage, hopefully Shiel requests a trade home soon. But if his intentions are to play out his contract could use it to our advantage & take a Young developing defender.

I would be in the ears of developing key defenders that may be looking at heading home. Guys like Henry Schade, Tom Clurey, Kristian Jaksh, or Tanner Smith. Next year could be the year to pursue our next A grade midfielder.

If I am correct, we had the chance to pick up Tanner Smith last year instead of Pick 38- Garlett.

I don't know how we are going to pick up players like Sewell/Mitchell/Burgoyne/Hodge/Lake/Gibson, alot of luck would be involved, picking these guys up with picks 20-30.

If I am correct, we had the chance to pick up Tanner Smith last year instead of Pick 38- Garlett.

I don't know how we are going to pick up players like Sewell/Mitchell/Burgoyne/Hodge/Lake/Gibson, alot of luck would be involved, picking these guys up with picks 20-30.

Should be noted that only burgoyne and hodge were picked above picks 20-30 in their respective drafts.

Any thoughts on Mitch Robinson?? I've always liked the way he goes about it (footy that is), would certainly fit the hawthorn mould with his fiery attack on the ball. Put in the right environment could genuinely thrive, reckon we could get him for very little also. Thoughts?

Any thoughts on Mitch Robinson?? I've always liked the way he goes about it (footy that is), would certainly fit the hawthorn mould with his fiery attack on the ball. Put in the right environment could genuinely thrive, reckon we could get him for very little also. Thoughts?

No

No

No

sounds like there might be some scepticism here. Care to elaborate?
C'mon the guy attacks the ball hard, has reasonable skills. Could play him off a forward flank swapping with lewis in the middle. Plays a similar kind of game, at the right club could offer a lot for very little. Has plenty of upside for me. I agree his tatts are crap but i'm willing to overlook them for his strong attack on the ball and what he could potentially offer come finals time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back