Toast 2014 Geelong Board Poster of the Year voting thread.

Who gets your vote for 2014 Poster of the Year?

• 10lana

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bobby_

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • catempire

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • cats_09

• Cursed_Cat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dazbroncos

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • FredLeDeux

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • manboob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MC Extra Dollop

• meto

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • NSFB

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Partridge

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Squishykitty

• Teriyakicat

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • The Pivotonian

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • the rabbi

• thejester

• vinum coupe

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Willo_

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon I deserve a special mention. Not for what I've put in here, but for the way I've been stirring up Christian in Bay 13. He must spend hours looking through his stats book trying to find answers. He gets so busy ranting about selective stats, he doesn't get time to troll on our board.
You must be doing a great job, newcs- I don't recall the name ;)

My favourite was actually just after the 2013 GF. He made up a thread with a list of what Hawthorn and Box Hill had won that year. I replied "Nice list, 'almost' as good as Geelong 2007". 20 minutes later the thread disappeared.

Don't worry,we all think of you as "special"

:p

He's what ??

358860-d75f4e90-3f29-11e4-b960-2caaf0b197a5.jpg

Don't tell that to uncle Bruce.

Haven't been on here nearly as much as I'd like but from what I've seen Catastic82 has nailed his posts Can't understand why I can't vote for him o_O

Think they made a late running for 'Thread of the Year' with the one they started last night

Being pissed + posting on Bigfooty = entertainment :D

2 weeks is up isn't it?
So can we officially congratulate catempire and Partridge ?

Or is there a countback system?
Countback, a cage fight or a pointless debate about Blicavs' worth.

Or, I'd be honoured to share it with the great man. :D

Countback, a cage fight or a pointless debate about Blicavs' worth.

Or, I'd be honoured to share it with the great man. :D
Oh it's thunderdome..

2 poster enter one poster leave...

And you know Partridge is going in looking like angry Anderson... Emphasis on the angry..:)

Go Catters

whoever did happen to vote for me, thank you and I am a little bewildered as to why in all honesty :p

Partridge, catempire, The Pivotian and a few more who didn't poll as highly as what I would have thought . . . very astute posters and always have been :thumbsu:
FWIW Bobby, you deserve votes as much as anyone. Your honesty and from the heart posts are complemented by your excellent downloads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol thanks buddy.
I think I'm master of talking s**t, too up and down which reflects ones personal psyche. The good posters are always impartial and willing to accept defeat (so to speak). Take a few in here for example, me included, we cannot, and will not give the Hawthorn football club any credit whatsoever after all those years of bullying and copping s**t even when we began winning the premierships. But as I mentioned, the better posters can take the good with the bad and get on with things. That reflects very well on them as individuals outside of this website.
I'm the opposite- I appreciate them perhaps too much. I maintain that after 08, nothing will feel as bad as that again, and they had their own pain in 2012. Time to appreciate a footy team with the dominance equivalence of Roger Federer, perhaps.

Oh it's thunderdome..

2 poster enter one poster leave...

And you know Partridge is going in looking like angry Anderson... Emphasis on the angry..:)

Go Catters
That's a great idea daz, but I must admit, since Partridge had his Clint Eastwood avatar, I can only see him as Eastwood now, . . . really trying to imagine him as angry Anderson. FWIW, who does catempire look like?

lol thanks buddy.
I think I'm master of talking s**t, too up and down which reflects ones personal psyche. The good posters are always impartial and willing to accept defeat (so to speak). Take a few in here for example, me included, we cannot, and will not give the Hawthorn football club any credit whatsoever after all those years of bullying and copping s**t even when we began winning the premierships. But as I mentioned, the better posters can take the good with the bad and get on with things. That reflects very well on them as individuals outside of this website.
Was defending some of our Cat fans on the Hawks three peat thread this am at 900- you must be channelling!?
The fact that you admit what you did reflects the quality poster you are, btw.

whoever did happen to vote for me, thank you and I am a little bewildered as to why in all honesty :p

Partridge, catempire, The Pivotian and a few more who didn't poll as highly as what I would have thought . . . very astute posters and always have been :thumbsu:
Bobby- you earned every vote. Just like one C Mooney, you wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to the GFC and the boys, even to the point of getting you into trouble sometimes :D
Your skill at pulling out player involvements after games is unsurpassed and your willingness to share your work with us shows your generous nature and is appreciated by all of us.
And you contribute valuable posts in serious discussions of games and players.
:thumbsu: Congrats on your nominations and the votes. You should be proud- not bewildered!

Edit: I'm in complete agreement with Vdubs ' posts above.

That's a great idea daz, but I must admit, since Partridge had his Clint Eastwood avatar, I can only see him as Eastwood now, . . . really trying to imagine him as angry Anderson. FWIW, who does catempire look like?

Harrison Ford… Indy Style…. sorry mate…!

GO Catters

FWIW Bobby, you deserve votes as much as anyone. Your honesty and from the heart posts are complemented by your excellent downloads.
Bobby- you earned every vote. Just like one C Mooney, you wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to the GFC and the boys, even to the point of getting you into trouble sometimes :D
Your skill at pulling out player involvements after games is unsurpassed and your willingness to share your work with us shows your generous nature and is appreciated by all of us.
And you contribute valuable posts in serious discussions of games and players.
:thumbsu: Congrats on your nominations and the votes. You should be proud- not bewildered!

Edit: I'm in complete agreement with Vdubs ' posts above.
^^^ THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!! + more!!!
Teri + Vdubs have expressed your value, passion + respect for you, Bobby! You were the first to welcome me to the Board when I first joined, you are a man who is generous in spirit, has the courage of his convictions. You deserve your nomination + every vote, as Teri + Vdubs said!

I think some people tend to allow negative sentiments to affect them, but you are very highly regarded, so please focus on the positive :) There are more positive accolades for you Bobby!

Plus you make amazing avatars!

PS Teri's Mooney comparison is very apt!

Harrison Ford… Indy Style…. sorry mate…!

GO Catters
:cool:

I was trying to create a personality which reflects his eponymous band, with their influences of ska, blues, jazz, funk + rock, fused with a Thunderdome character + an Eco warrior. Yeah, was way over thinking it! Could we make Partridge 50% Angry Anderson + 50% Clint Eastwood? Let's stick with Indiana Jones for catempire + have Angry Eastood -v- Indiana Jones at the Thunderdome, competing verbally?

Congrats catempire and Partridge, two worthy winners for POTY.

Looking forward to reading both your opinions again next season.

To all the other folks on the list, once again, a terrific season of discussion was had.

That list contains a great cross section of posters (and there are plenty of others who unfortunately missed the cut who I feel are worthy) and shows why this board is "the greatest board of all".

Thanks for a great year again all. :thumbsu:

Congrats catempire and Partridge, two worthy winners for POTY.

Looking forward to reading both your opinions again next season.

To all the other folks on the list, once again, a terrific season of discussion was had.

That list contains a great cross section of posters (and there are plenty of others who unfortunately missed the cut who I feel are worthy) and shows why this board is "the greatest board of all".

Thanks for a great year again all. :thumbsu:

Be happy to donate two of my votes to get a 3 way tie for POTY. Not that CE and Part are not deserving - far from it actually - but you would make the hat trick one hell of a quality grouping.

GO Catters

Back