Toast 2014 Geelong Board Poster of the Year voting thread.

Who gets your vote for 2014 Poster of the Year?

• 10lana

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Bobby_

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • catempire

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • cats_09

• Cursed_Cat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dazbroncos

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • FredLeDeux

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • manboob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MC Extra Dollop

• meto

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • NSFB

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Partridge

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Squishykitty

• Teriyakicat

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • The Pivotonian

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • the rabbi

• thejester

• vinum coupe

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Willo_

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to vote for myself, and I'm not even on the list?????

I suppose it was just because I didn't actually post in 2014, but I thought that you lot would have at least appreciated a break from my usual diatribes.

;)

GO CATS!

You should've had a whinge about something trivial,then you might've won ;)

You should've had a whinge about something trivial,then you might've won ;)

so your saying jub having a whinge about something trivial may qualify u to win poster of the year?

geez i might have to give it a go then
never was a whinger myself so not sure how id go

never was a whinger myself

tumblr_n17ke37Q6B1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

:p

I went to vote for myself, and I'm not even on the list?????

I suppose it was just because I didn't actually post in 2014, but I thought that you lot would have at least appreciated a break from my usual diatribes.

;)

GO CATS!
I'd give you my vote for your av picture (re-open the voting dammit!! :D).

Je Suis Charlie. :rainbow:

Can't believe Catempire didn't win by the length of the straight. Far and away the most footy savvy poster here.
Perhaps you and Whit3y can step into the Thunderdome.

He believed Partridge would be the winner by the length of the Mooney Valley straight.

The Thunderdome victor becomes the tie-breaker between the 2 worthy winners. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I virtually never look at other teams Big Footy websites - but I get the sense from other Cat's fans who do - we are a pretty reasonable lot (well generally there is always the exception to the rule) on this Forum. Not quite as rabid as some other ones.

Maybe even go one step further - that we are pretty fair in our assessments of other teams and players (given our inherent bias).

Can a few of you tell me is this a fair assessment please. Interesting to just see how we are going as a clowder.

Can a few of you tell me is this a fair assessment please. Interesting to just see how we are going as a clowder.
I gather you are referring to the final voting Jon?

I think the two posters who tied at the top are both worthy winners. I was more surprised at the low count for a few other people (especially
thejester who I actually regard as one of this board's very best posters).

There will always be a few posters who miss out entirely but contribute greatly to this board and shouldn't be forgotten. As a collective, I think we have a great bunch of regulars who all make this place fun in their own way.

But at the end of the day it will always come down to personal opinion. After all, most people aren't usually likely to throw a vote to someone who they regularly disagree with or who's personality grates on them, regardless of how well argued their opinion is.

I think both catempire and Partridge are guys who have strong views and opinions but they both present their arguments well. They also possess good insight and display footy nous.

As such, they are both good choices for P(s)OTY.

Last edited:
Perhaps you and Whit3y can step into the Thunderdome.

He believed Partridge would be the winner by the length of the Mooney Valley straight.

The Thunderdome victor becomes the tie-breaker between the 2 worthy winners. :D
Funny! And I do enjoy your work. However that would be a first round knockout for yours truly.

The mere fact that pear tree is in a tie is indicative of footy savvy content not being a key factor for many when voting. Frequency and negativity and pear tree wins hands down.

I gather you are referring to the final voting Jon?

I think the two posters who tied at the top are both worthy winners. I was more surprised at the low count for a few other people (especially
thejester who I actually regard as one of this board's very best posters).
Transfer should clear tomorrow lunchtime mate.

Back