News 2014 Geelong membership campaign - #belongeelong (07/05/2014: 41,178)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good idea Stew.
Care to get Brimbank council involved too?

It gives me the sh1ts paying $400 a quarter for what I can only assume is the cost to have my bins picked up.

Because I've got no idea what else I get.

Good idea Stew.
Care to get Brimbank council involved too?

It gives me the sh1ts paying $400 a quarter for what I can only assume is the cost to have my bins picked up.

Because I've got no idea what else I get.

Street sweeped once every 11 months?

I used to work for a council so I can tell you that rates go towards subsidising things like public pools, park maintenance, footpath repair, and, yes, rubbish collection.
I'd also add that I've never seen so much wastage and bureaucracy as when I worked there.
Yeah I know.
Just mucking around.

Our council used to be corrupt. Only in the last few years (after they were prosecuted / removed) have we seen parks created etc.

I built 150m off the freeway.
Do you think they mowed the grass in the area more than once a year? Nope.
Do you think we had tiger snakes EVERY year? Yep.

And we pay crazy rates compared to most areas.

Sidetrack over. :)

Yeah I know.
Just mucking around.

Our council used to be corrupt. Only in the last few years (after they were prosecuted / removed) have we seen parks created etc.

I worked in Leisure at an inner city council and it was a joke, the number of times I was paid to do nothing was ridiculous, and the amount of stupid people who were promoted (I was there casually while studying so this isn't sour grapes) was just appalling, genuinely made me angry knowing my rates (since I live in this area) was funding them.

Having said that parks and maintenance were great, and maybe if Leisure had been on the ball I wouldn't have been hired.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the #Belongeelong hashtag?

I ******* hate twitter and hashtags anyway... load of s**t.

On a positive note I got into the Members Hall of Fame for 2014 for 25 years of continuous membership

Lot's of downs, plenty of ups... watched the 2007 GF goals today on YouTube... good times :thumbsu:

I ******* hate twitter and hashtags anyway... load of s**t.

On a positive note I got into the Members Hall of Fame for 2014 for 25 years of continuous membership

Lot's of downs, plenty of ups... watched the 2007 GF goals today on YouTube... good times :thumbsu:

Congrats TD
I've only got 12years to go before I can join you

Finally got my membership sorted. The woman there, very nice to deal with did say there had been some problems with sending out the renewals, they were a bit late and many not receiving them (like me) and also people not getting emails. I know this can be attributed to others such as Aus Post but the last line of membership is to go down to the club and get it done as I had to do. They are seriously undermanned there. There are 3 people working there I got there early and still wasn't the first there and by the time I left there were at least 15 people waiting. This just cant work what about people who need to go in but cant because of work of family. Is it that hard just to put a few more people on during this very important and busy period for the club. They go on about how important membership is but the way they are dealing with it at the moment is far from good.

4,210 members so far.

On a side note, spotted myself in the membership brochure ;)

BaeVjJrCUAAKu6K.jpg
You the one in blue and white? ;)

Yeah I know.
Just mucking around.

We have friends in Toorak. After a few drinks the subject of rates came up. After s bit of quick maths, I worked out, if our properties where the same value, we'd pay higher rates. We are close to Brimbank. We do not live in a "leafy" suburb.

Updated tally - 22,200

Just a reminder for those who are either season seat holders, premiership members and social club members that the cut-off date to renew for 2014 is 5pm tomorrow (18/12/13) if you wish to keep your same packages for next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to worry, for starters the figure that AFL article has is almost 10,000 behind the actual current tally of 25,008 on top of that most of the other clubs memberships went on sale in October and November while ours didn't go on sale until the first week of December

Geelong is on track to reach the 50,000 member target, having surpassed the 25,000 mark.
The Cats are seeking to reach 50,000 for the first time and have introduced a range of member activities aimed at maximising the member experience.
:thumbsu:

http://bit.ly/JNSsgi

seems like a strong start right?? is 25, 000 good for this time of the year I forget where we were last year.. I for one will be buying my membership early in the new year...

As an aside, I saw a Hawthorn friend's 2014 membership card today. They all got to choose the picture on their card, from a handful of action pics from the GF.

It's a shame we never did anything like that after any of our recent flags. Little things like that, and the scarves with years of consecutive membership on them, are two of the reasons Hawthorn is known for treating its members well.

It would be nice to have seen the club proactive like that in recent years... I remember we got the members only premiers pin in '07 which was nice, but nothing similar in '09 or '11.

As an aside, I saw a Hawthorn friend's 2014 membership card today. They all got to choose the picture on their card, from a handful of action pics from the GF.

It's a shame we never did anything like that after any of our recent flags. Little things like that, and the scarves with years of consecutive membership on them, are two of the reasons Hawthorn is known for treating its members well.

Well lookie here

BcOwEsXCQAAlnZ_.jpg

BcOtwg_CAAAUoEc.jpg

Nice, I like the key ring idea :thumbsu:
The scarves with years of membership seemed a bit controversial-some posters liked the idea, while others found it to segregate members iirc.

Still waiting for my members pack to arrive, but have asked for a change of seats, so may take a while longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back