No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club would get nicely compensated for that loss of home ground advantage by the financial gain of having 70,000 at a game compared to 30,000 at Skilled Stadium.

The difference is that the SCG crowds and Homebush crowds for Swans games are relatively comparable apart from Prelim finals now. Swans finals at the SCG would get over 40,000 with the new rennovations and Homebush won't get that much more.

If its a final I would hope any team would be hoping for the ground with a better home team advantage rather than financial game.

I know I would much rather play Geelong at the MCG than at Skilled Stadium, Same with ANZ stadium and us most teams would much rather play us at ANZ than the SCG.

melbournehammer

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
The club would get nicely compensated for that loss of home ground advantage by the financial gain of having 70,000 at a game compared to 30,000 at Skilled Stadium.

The difference is that the SCG crowds and Homebush crowds for Swans games are relatively comparable apart from Prelim finals now. Swans finals at the SCG would get over 40,000 with the new rennovations and Homebush won't get that much more.

Unless I am mistaken - and I could be - it is a matter of indifference to the club where finals are played financially - the money goes to the afl regardless.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
If its a final I would hope any team would be hoping for the ground with a better home team advantage rather than financial game.

Well that's wonderfully idealistic but it just isn't what happens in reality. You can debate what they should do, but what clubs do is certainly go for the financial gain. You could argue that they are also trying to look out for the general public by allowing the greatest number of people to attend the game. Geelong playing Hawthorn in a prelim final would attract 90,000 at the MCG compared to 33,000 in Geelong. Pretty obvious which option they're going to pick and which option they should pick too, IMO.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Unless I am mistaken - and I could be - it is a matter of indifference to the club where finals are played financially - the money goes to the afl regardless.

Your not mistaken - the AFL get the money for Ticket Sales for Finals hence why they get the final say where Finals are played. Also a minor point that is lost on many you don't win the right to a "home final" but a "home state final" so the AFL can put a team where they feel it suits them best (best example would be Essendon vs North being played at the MCG rather than Eithad Stadium or Geelong playing "Home" finals at the MCG)

Well that's wonderfully idealistic but it just isn't what happens in reality. You can debate what they should do, but what clubs do is certainly go for the financial gain. You could argue that they are also trying to look out for the general public by allowing the greatest number of people to attend the game. Geelong playing Hawthorn in a prelim final would attract 90,000 at the MCG compared to 33,000 in Geelong. Pretty obvious which option they're going to pick and which option they should pick too, IMO.

It is a little idealistic I won't lie, But I have always through a Home final should be played at a teams home ground... I would imagine that most Geelong supporters would be quite annoyed about it.

Fyfe got two weeks MRP.....

Well when JPK wins the Brownlow there will be no whining that Fyfe should have won it because of a soft hit.

He is getting form in this area. Not dirty per se but careless so clean it up or forget about the platitudes and the charlies

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
uploadfromtaptalk1408355254163.jpg

Not sure if attached properly but I saw this driving home the other day and lol'd. How insecure would you have to be?

View attachment 74417

Not sure if attached properly but I saw this driving home the other day and lol'd. How insecure would you have to be?

Essendon will submit this as proof

I noticed they surpressed hirds address on page 1 and left it on page 2

Had a look on google earth what a dump, only one pool and one tennis court

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Melbourne have officially requested for a priority pick, Melbourne draft history including priority picks..

Sam Blease (pick 17, 2008)
Tom Scully (pick 1, 2009)
Cale Morton (pick 4, 2007)
Jack Watts (pick 1, 2008)
Scully (pick 1 2009)
Jack Trengove (pick 2, 2009)
Lucas Cook (pick 12, 2010)
Jimmy Toumpas (pick 4, 2012)
Christian Salem (pick 9, 2013).
Traded its first-round pick in 2011 to the Brisbane Lions for Mitch Clark and traded pick 3 to gain access to Jesse Hogan in the mini-draft.
Traded pick 2 to Greater Western Sydney for Dom Tyson and pick 9 in 2013.

* me..

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I hate the sub rule as well.

Players end up missing 3 quarters because coaches are worried they'll lose a player after they've made a sub, and if a team loses a player early, then the other team can exploit it somewhat by bringing in a fresh sub towards the end of the game.

So it's not really working as it was supposed to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back