No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie had a word to Gill about the Lions game I'm sure. He made some cryptic comment about the need to fix this "interchange sytem" on Sunday night.

So what's the proposed system? Back to four with a hard cap of 100 or 80 or some such thing?

What do u think of sheeds idea to lose the wingers

Seems like more hysterical tinkering to me. Getting pretty tired of hearing about magic bullets which will supposedly fix everything. Usually just make things worse. Changing the numbers of players physically allowed on the field after all our code's history for purely cosmetic reasons is about as an extreme a position as you can possibly take.

Eddie had a word to Gill about the Lions game I'm sure. He made some cryptic comment about the need to fix this "interchange sytem" on Sunday night.
So what's the proposed system? Back to four with a hard cap of 100 or 80 or some such thing?

Gil needs to block Eddie's number. He's starting to look seriously compromised and about as decisive as Push-me-Pullyou from Dr Doolittle.

It is a dumb arse move as we may lose one of our next two games but I have already begun mentally thinking about our game against Fremantle in 3 weeks including comparing our team that played them in round 5 compared to now as well as possible matchups.

Gil needs to block Eddie's number. He's starting to look seriously compromised and about as decisive as Push-me-Pullyou from Dr Doolittle.

puppet_07.jpg

Melbourne have officially requested for a priority pick, Melbourne draft history including priority picks..

Sam Blease (pick 17, 2008)
Tom Scully (pick 1, 2009)
Cale Morton (pick 4, 2007)
Jack Watts (pick 1, 2008)
Scully (pick 1 2009)
Jack Trengove (pick 2, 2009)
Lucas Cook (pick 12, 2010)
Jimmy Toumpas (pick 4, 2012)
Christian Salem (pick 9, 2013).
Traded its first-round pick in 2011 to the Brisbane Lions for Mitch Clark and traded pick 3 to gain access to Jesse Hogan in the mini-draft.
Traded pick 2 to Greater Western Sydney for Dom Tyson and pick 9 in 2013.

**** me..

Worse than us

Not like they werent rated going into the draft, Bonz would know better than me, what do u remember of some or those kids prior to being drafted

Sam Blease (pick 17, 2008) (Played for the Eastern Ranger relied on his speed and disposal at TAC cup level, broke his leg if I recall correctly in his first or second year at the Demons, still has a fair bit of potential)

Tom Scully (pick 1, 2009) (Think we all know about Scully, Was neck and neck with Trengove to be the number one selection all year, Elite endurance runner who could find a heap of the ball, had great hands but a few questions on his kicking (Kicking wasn't as bad as others made it if he was on the run though, His knees are kind of shot at the moment so Melbourne didn't do the worst thing by trading him away)

Cale Morton (pick 4, 2007) (Don't know a head about Cale Morton in the Juniors except for he won the Larke Medal for the best player in the under 18's championships for WA and was apparently pretty explosive off the mark as a junior)

Jack Watts (pick 1, 2008) (Was extremely athletic on the field and at the draft camp, also won the Larke Medal for best player at the under 18's championships which really boosted his rankings just before the draft, Wasn't extremely consistent at Brighton Grammar or Sandringham but if he got a few disposals at the start of a match he would more than likely go on to have a pretty big impact)

Jack Trengove (pick 2, 2009) (I honestly had him as the number 1 selection before the draft, that being said he did bolt a little during the year (At the start of the season I had thought he might slide to pick 4-6 which could of put him in range of us) but after some strong performances at SANFL level and a very good under 18's champtionship's he was always going to be a top 2 selection, still think he has more talent than most midfielders in the competition just needs to somehow get fit).

Lucas Cook (pick 12, 2010) (Most recruiters thought he would be an second round selection but the Demons jumped pretty early at pick 12 or 13, Had some really great attributes, fantastic kick, good hands, good vision and elite endurance was a tad on the slow slide but but wasn't horrendous, was really surprised they delisted him at the end of 2012, he had had a few injuries but still showed some signs at VFL level, biggest issue was he couldn't put on any weight).

Jimmy Toumpas (pick 4, 2012) (Played SANFL pretty early as a junior (In fact I am pretty confident he got a SANFL premiership in his second or third game) had a few hip and groin injuries in his draft year which caused him to slide from a possible top selection to pick 4 in the draft, was pretty good for the Demon's last year and looked great early this year before getting struck down by appendicitis, one of those players that could be anything just needs to get fit and have a solid preseason).

Christian Salem (pick 9, 2013) (Not quite built for AFL level just yet but pacy, great disposal and vision, pretty explosive and has had an bit of an impact at senior level at times this year, will still need a bit of development.
Traded its first-round pick in 2011 to the Brisbane Lions for Mitch Clark and traded pick 3 to gain access to Jesse Hogan in the mini-draft).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else seen the footage of Boomer dropping the Bulldogs tagger (forget his name) and put his elbow on his throat? Sent straight to the tribunal. 3-4 weeks probably. North board melted down
Unsurprising dog act. Takes a special kind of scum to support someone who coward punched a woman in the back of the head and belted a policewoman.

Anyone else seen the footage of Boomer dropping the Bulldogs tagger (forget his name) and put his elbow on his throat? Sent straight to the tribunal. 3-4 weeks probably. North board melted down

They have to protect a player that is on the ground with an aggressor on top with his whole body weight bearing down. Neck/throat should be sacrosanct and protected as well - as if it needs to be said by the authorities.

Apart from the obvious danger and potential for serious injury it is an awful optic and should be dealt with harshly.

They have to protect a player that is on the ground with an aggressor on top with his whole body weight bearing down. Neck/throat should be sacrosanct and protected as well - as if it needs to be said by the authorities.

Apart from the obvious danger and potential for serious injury it is an awful optic and should be dealt with harshly.

And with 40% loading(ouch) he probably played his last game for 2014.

2 weeks, plus his loading makes it 3 weeks, less his discount for pleading guilty...................3 weeks & he misses the first final.

North eliminated!

Bye bye Boomer!

Choking is a disgrace. The worse thing about it is that because choking usually happens in an irrational red haze of anger, really serious damage can be done that is completely unintentional.

Can't believe he'd be that stupid after Lake's effort. :thumbsdown:

On a sidenote: whatever happened to the legal square up during play, or backup by a teammate? Everyone is so focused on their roles, they'll let a teammate get choked half to death on the ground? WTF?

Choking is a disgrace. The worse thing about it is that because choking usually happens in an irrational red haze of anger, really serious damage can be done that is completely unintentional.

Can't believe he'd be that stupid after Lake's effort. :thumbsdown:

On a sidenote: whatever happened to the legal square up during play, or backup by a teammate? Everyone is so focused on their roles, they'll let a teammate get choked half to death on the ground? WTF?

Try this exercise! It's good therapy.

Read the highlighted sentence whilst thinking of the Hawks V Swans GF in 2012!

There is no other player in the AFL that get's the attention Boomer gets. It's obvious why Crowley was pinching him or he get's in constant wrestling matches game after game. He's a pest but somehow the media have overlooked this for years and years and instead held him in a good light. With the ever increasing amount of cameras and technology, as well as a decreased acceptance for off the ball incidents, Boomers old tricks are now finally coming to light more so than ever before. I recall a game back in 2005 where I saw him at least 50 metres off the ball absolutely collect someone looking the other way. Poor kid (whoever it was) had to be helped off the field. Not a word of it in the media or one report... Here comes the Karma old man... Enjoy your last pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back