No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not AFL but i'm heading to the VFL grand final with a mate on Sunday. I hear now that after McEvoy getting a game last week despite minimal games, Rioli is going to be playing in the GF despite not playing 1 regular season game. What a ******* joke. That would be like sending Tippett and Jetts up to Qld for the ressies last week.

Last edited:
I know it's not AFL but i'm heading to the VFL grand final with a mate on Sunday. I hear now that after McEvoy getting a game last week despite minimal games, Rioli is going to be playing in the GF despite not playing 1 regular season game. What a ******* joke. That would be like sending Tippett and Jetts up to Qld for the resizes last week.
Ridiculous isn't it? Yet again, the big clubs pushing their weight around. The knock on effects of things like this are they win a VFL GF and get even more publicity and the little kiddies want to follow them, buy their merch and play for them etc Meanwhile clubs like Port Melb are battling away not relying on their AFL equivalent bending the rules for them every second week.

Pisses me right off... Sorry. Rant over.

This bloke wants to be everywhere, first it was giving Joel Selwood a ride, now this...

192135-c0fe2e6e-3ee3-11e4-817b-9586585ae44c.jpg

This bloke wants to be everywhere, first it was giving Joel Selwood a ride, now this...

192135-c0fe2e6e-3ee3-11e4-817b-9586585ae44c.jpg

Is it just me or is Jake King getting more fame simply drinking booze in public than he ever had for his entire career as a player?

What Parkin said on league teams was interesting.

I think I have this correct - last 5 years 25 coaches sacked with payouts of $8.2 million ot them in total.

Ugly stuff.

Who needs a coach's association when the AFL simply bail out clubs who offer golden handshakes to coaches on a tri-annual basis? They could save that million per annum it costs and save it for termination packets.

interesting to see how often after a coach sacked mid contract a club has won its next flag

Well as almost every coach ever appointed is appointed as the result of a sacking it would almost be a 100% positive result. :p

But how many coaches won a flag within 3 years of replacing the previous coach? Top of my head quite a few in the modern era.

Mathews at Lions
Roos at Sydney
Parkin at Carlton
Blight at Crows
Alan Jeans Hawks

Not sure how many of those replaced coaches mid contract though??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well as almost every coach ever appointed is appointed as the result of a sacking it would almost be a 100% positive result. :p

But how many coaches won a flag within 3 years of replacing the previous coach? Top of my head quite a few in the modern era.

Mathews at Lions
Roos at Sydney
Parkin at Carlton
Blight at Crows
Alan Jeans Hawks

Not sure how many of those replaced coaches mid contract though??

i guess i mean cut with years to go

i guess i mean cut with years to go

Yeah. Can't think of any recently? Knights, Bailey, Neeld, Alves, Blight, Watson, Buchanara, Ratten. None of them were replaced by a Premiership winning coach. Who else got shown the door abruptly?

I know it's not AFL but i'm heading to the VFL grand final with a mate on Sunday. I hear now that after McEvoy getting a game last week despite minimal games, Rioli is going to be playing in the GF despite not playing 1 regular season game. What a ******* joke. That would be like sending Tippett and Jetts up to Qld for the ressies last week.

Agree it is a bit of a joke but where do you expect him to play? This is the problem with the current system. All amateur clubs have a proper 1's, 2's, 3's etc. with players moving up and down it could be expected for a player not match fit for the 1's to come back in the 2's or 3's regardless of if they have played a game in that side all year. The only issue I see is that it happens to be for the GF which is a fare cop out, I am just not sure what the solution is as he needs a run somewhere.

Agree it is a bit of a joke but where do you expect him to play? This is the problem with the current system. All amateur clubs have a proper 1's, 2's, 3's etc. with players moving up and down it could be expected for a player not match fit for the 1's to come back in the 2's or 3's regardless of if they have played a game in that side all year. The only issue I see is that it happens to be for the GF which is a fare cop out, I am just not sure what the solution is as he needs a run somewhere.
I guess my thoughts would be he spends and extra day on the training track with match simulation.

Meh whatever the verdict is they will be appeals and on and on and on it goes.

I'd rather follow Titus O'Reily's tweets than the 'official' coverage:

That is about as comprehensive legal smackdown as can be made.

They probably cannot appeal it because their case is so weak. You just can't appeal becasue you don't like it. There has to be error in it and basically with such a verdict it really suggests they didn't have a thing going for them.

I like this one comment I read on the drugcheatingsillies board.

"I hope we sue the Supreme Court". That is pure gold

I think they were serious and not taking the piss too :p

Either way what a glorious day.

Every recruiter in the country should be making a call to the Bombers players ..... it is raiding time. Let's rip the place apart for the lols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back