No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get around the nerve of a first year player actually requesting and nominating the club of his choice.

Whats going to stop GWS next year offering Bontempelli a similar deal?

Free agency baby....just like the NRL it brings a certain vibe to the system.

You will soon have players openly signing contracts 5 games into a new season and just like the NRL it strips the last bit of romanticism from the sport.

From Cameron, Patton and Boyd to now just Cameron.. for 2015.

How quickly it can change.
Yeah they're now down to just Jeremy Cameron, Cameron McCarthy, James Stewart, Adam Tomlinson, Jeremy Finlayson, with Jon Patton to come back. Woe betide.

Wow. Griffen, pick 6 and paying part of Griffen's contract for Boyd is a massive deal. Shows how desperate the Dogs are for a genuine tall to build around. And surely GWS have to try and turn two of their picks 4, 6 and 7 into something more. If they're as keen on Petracca as they are reported to be, surely 4 and 6 are going to the Saints.

If GWS end up with 3 top 10 picks by the end of Thursday, I don't think they have really got what they need to improve. They've got their talented young guys now, they need ready-made stars. If they were to move up to 1 to get Petracca that makes sense to me but bringing in 3 18 yo's doesn't make a lot of sense to me given where they are and how much improvement they want to make next year.

In any case, * 'em, their shanty club and their supporters - who now seem to be outnumbered by top 10 picks in this draft.

Wow. Griffen, pick 6 and paying part of Griffen's contract for Boyd is a massive deal. Shows how desperate the Dogs are for a genuine tall to build around. And surely GWS have to try and turn two of their picks 4, 6 and 7 into something more. If they're as keen on Petracca as they are reported to be, surely 4 and 6 are going to the Saints.

If GWS end up with 3 top 10 picks by the end of Thursday, I don't think they have really got what they need to improve. They've got their talented young guys now, they need ready-made stars. If they were to move up to 1 to get Petracca that makes sense to me but bringing in 3 18 yo's doesn't make a lot of sense to me given where they are and how much improvement they want to make next year.

In any case, **** 'em, their shanty club and their supporters - who now seem to be outnumbered by top 10 picks in this draft.

I agree, they'd be nuts not to go to Melbourne with 6 & 7 for pick 3 or St Kilda with 4 & 6 for pick 1. Extra picks mean nothing, unless they're expecting to turn them over again in 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder and Patfull in Malceski out.

That would have kept us on an even keel wit the Hawks.

Although I remember Ireland saying we weren't looking at Ryder becuse we had enough Ruckmen.

Essendon are being pretty pig-headed in this whole Ryder thing. Ryder is under contract of course which is a piece of leverage for the Bombers to deal with but he's also stated he would rather retire than return to Essendon, thereby eliminating the leverage they have. He's said he will not go back under any circumstances. 17 and 37 is roughly equal to the 14 and 46 we received for an under contract, premiership ruckman in his prime in Darren Jolly.

The Bombers seem to be insisting that they be known as the most obstinate traders in the competition. All likely for naught, as they'll almost certainly break at some point today and give in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back