No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Bombers are so adamant that no banned substances were given to the players, then responding to the SCNs would seemingly be the most logical way to get this mess resolved? Not condoning what they did and the club are still drug cheats, but can't penalise the players if ASADA lacks the competence to put together a strong enough case.

The way essendon have targeted process over substance to me indicates they have no ability to argue against the SCN

OK there are only 3 possible options here;
You're on drugs and delusional
The person(s) you heard this from is on drugs and delusional or
GWS (& Melbourne) are completely and totally out of their tree(s).

Howe? Jeremy Howe? Or is there are a star Howe I've never heard of?
If Melbourne truly rejected that deal they should just close up shop now.
Tom Browne said it who normally is spot on so stfu about the drug talk

The way essendon have targeted process over substance to me indicates they have no ability to argue against the SCN

You're probably right, but I'm still not sold on the thymosin beta 4 though.

I can sort of see their reasoning for targeting process though, the rulemakers have to be accountable too, otherwise you end up with unfair penalties like the one we copped.

Completely different situations of course as they only have themselves to blame, but it's no wonder people are losing faith in the AFL's ability to run the game effectively.

You're probably right, but I'm still not sold on the thymosin beta 4 though.

I can sort of see their reasoning for targeting process though, the rulemakers have to be accountable too, otherwise you end up with unfair penalties like the one we copped.

Completely different situations of course as they only have themselves to blame, but it's no wonder people are losing faith in the AFL's ability to run the game effectively.

Another issue with the afl or a club with a lack of transparency it makes it hard to judge.

SCN reissued guess missing ryder means we dont have to worry about this crap

It's a blessing. But he probably would still have played about the same number of games as Tippo in 2013.

Ooooor Essendon shall cease to exist very shortly.

Another issue with the afl or a club with a lack of transparency it makes it hard to judge.

True true, it's just the vibe I guess. I'm still a bit down on the game, maybe I need to log off for a dose of reality. ;) I'll be back.

If it's any consolation to our ban, it is nice to see Collingwood hit for 6 losing Beams and Harry O then replace them with dross like Karnezis, Varcoe and Greenwood. I feel sorry for Pendlebury, he is going to be carrying that midfield along with Sidebottom. Won't play finals, sorry Eddie. :D

On another note, would Shaun McKernan be worth considering for us or do we fast track our younger ruckman? Would we entertain taking him on a mature age rookie? He seems about the age and may be the type of project player we can develop, is he good enough though?

Mckernan only makes sense if we've internally decided not to give Drex games? You'd think if Drex was fit, his role would be to cover for Pyke next year.

I guess the decision has to be made on whether one or both of Nanka and Naismith will take one of the available positions post Pyke, or supplant Drex in time?

Nanka is the one. He was a high pick for us in the National draft. Surely he must dominate our internal development strategy for a ruckman?

Mckernan only makes sense if we've internally decided not to give Drex games? You'd think if Drex was fit, his role would be to cover for Pyke next year.

I guess the decision has to be made on whether one or both of Nanka and Naismith will take one of the available positions post Pyke, or supplant Drex in time?

Nanka is the one. He was a high pick for us in the National draft. Surely he must dominate our internal development strategy for a ruckman?
Good rationale, thanks for that. Where are we at re spots available for us on our list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game day coach but can't develop a list into a Premiership list.

Should of won the flag with us in 98 and should of taken the Bulldogs to at least a Grand Final or two. But it was the work of someone else to develop the list that got both teams as far as they did under Eade before the drop happened.

Good game day coach but can't develop a list into a Premiership list.

Should of won the flag with us in 98 and should of taken the Bulldogs to at least a Grand Final or two. But it was the work of someone else to develop the list that got both teams as far as they did under Eade before the drop happened.
GC are starting to look scary now, Eade is a brilliant coach and I am starting to maybe think of top 4 for GC next year.

10 wins for 2014 they will need to win another 6 minimum to make the top 4 thats a pretty big leap in one year.
It is but if there's any team that can take that leap it is GC, I mean considering they were looking pretty good with ablett playing and he's going to be back. Still a stretch but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back