mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
The wife and I have already secured plane tickets to be in Melbourne on the last week in September just in case we make the Grand Final again. The wife was stalking the plane tickets and got the as as soon as they were released, so the price was ridiculously low for flying to Melbourne at that time of year. Who else is being super prepared this year and getting in early?

Hopefully we make it, if we don't still get to have a holiday for a week in Melbourne :)

Why not, especially if you are happy to just have a holiday. Reality is that it is a slim chance we will be there, just as with any other club, but it is still an interesting time to be in Melbourne.

Why not, especially if you are happy to just have a holiday. Reality is that it is a slim chance we will be there, just as with any other club, but it is still an interesting time to be in Melbourne.

Chances are 50/50. Either we will make the grand final or we won't. ;)

Doing the trip back across the pond this season, then back to Freo to celebrate. Can't wait. Will probably still be cheaper than flying from Perth.

You're all nuts. There's no need to rush so we'll be leaving it late, seeing how the team looks in 2014, scope out the competition a bit and wait until we can realistically say we'll be doing the Fed square meet up again.

But yeah once the Joondalup match is out the way, lock us in :)

Haha

Qantas have a 'sale' on at the moment. Cheapest flight you can book now (that is not flexible) are around $500 to $600 one way if you leave on Thursday - and you have to go via Adelaide or Sydney. Flexi savers that are direct will cost you about $800, and if you want a completely flexi fare, these are over $1000 one way!!!! coming home on the Tuesday can cost you as much as $1800!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's what I don't get…why is it almost as -- if not more -- costly for a roundtrip between Perth and Melbourne than it is for me to fly roundtrip from LA to Melbourne?

Here's what I don't get…why is it almost as -- if not more -- costly for a roundtrip between Perth and Melbourne than it is for me to fly roundtrip from LA to Melbourne?

If you spread the word and get 20000 Californians on the purple bandwagon all wanting to make the trip at once, and place restrictions on the airlines to create a duopoly, you might get gouged too :)
The Aussie dollar might be worth 50 US cents by September on current trends, which will help you!

An interesting development for me... Just found out the wife is pregnant and is due on September 22. Hopefully she delivers a bit earlier, like the first one being born 2 weeks early.

Should still be going though! :)

Congrats!

My son, in all his wisdom, has decided to get married the day after the GF....hope I make it back in time!

You have to remember it's a four hour flight; it's a fair distance so the regular costs are already up there.

And then of course it comes down to supply and demand. It's s**t but it's the nature of our economy and society. I don't get how people can throw their arms up and get themselves upset about it. They're always going to make as much money as they can, and you were in that position last year. It's the nature of capitalism. They're pricks but how naive do you have to be to feel shocked and rorted?

You have to remember it's a four hour flight; it's a fair distance so the regular costs are already up there.

And then of course it comes down to supply and demand. It's s**t but it's the nature of our economy and society. I don't get how people can throw their arms up and get themselves upset about it. They're always going to make as much money as they can, and you were in that position last year. It's the nature of capitalism. They're pricks but how naive do you have to be to feel shocked and rorted?

I thought even Kim Jong-un understood that one of the central foundations of capitalism was competitive markets.

Qantas have a 'sale' on at the moment. Cheapest flight you can book now (that is not flexible) are around $500 to $600 one way if you leave on Thursday - and you have to go via Adelaide or Sydney. Flexi savers that are direct will cost you about $800, and if you want a completely flexi fare, these are over $1000 one way!!!! coming home on the Tuesday can cost you as much as $1800!!!!!
Despite the panic last year I still got frequent flyer seat to Sydney on Wednesday arvo and $75 flight Sydney to Melb on Thursday morning.
Do the unexpected rather than the obvious and you will get there no drama and not pay the earth.
BTW flew back on the Sunday after the Grand Final with Singapore Airlines on the A380 via Singapore then Bangkok for a couple of days (total cost of round trip $990 plus 18000 points and $35 tax.

Despite the panic last year I still got frequent flyer seat to Sydney on Wednesday arvo and $75 flight Sydney to Melb on Thursday morning.
Do the unexpected rather than the obvious and you will get there no drama and not pay the earth.
BTW flew back on the Sunday after the Grand Final with Singapore Airlines on the A380 via Singapore then Bangkok for a couple of days (total cost of round trip $990 plus 18000 points and $35 tax.
Great advice!

That's funny. I might just try that but I reckon the woman who now owns his testes will object.
Congratulations 1 down and how many to go .
I recommend bribery and scull duggery .
Are any of her family Freo fans ,if so you have a fighting chance .
The other way is to find out where they want the reception and book on that date for anon then for them a week later you should be out of hospital by then and over sevier the alcoholic poisioning from celebrating our grand final win .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back