Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know quite a few people were asking if concession tickets can be upgraded to adult, and there was some confusion as to the answer, so I thought I would document this here for future reference.

I upgraded a concession ticket to adult on the day at the Ticketek window at the gate, the same way I did in week 1 of the finals the year before.
They needed the ticket, the credit card used to pay for it and the Hawks membership card used in the ballot. I had the ticket receipt with me and they asked for it to be handed over too. Not sure if they really needed the receipt, it has the Ticketek account number on it so maybe that just made the process quicker. Also I don't recall them using the member card for anything, but I wasn't really paying too close attention, maybe they have the member barcode on their system and compare it. Anyway, they refunded the concession ticket and then charged for an adult ticket and printed off the new adult ticket. Took a few minutes but no dramas.

So there we have it, it can be done.
I think the confusion was with the ballot doco which says the ticket has to be the same as the membership, but that just applies to the actual ballot process.
Also I remember people posting that they called Ticketek and they said it can't be upgraded - I think it just all depends on who answers the phone, most staff would not be that familiar with the GF system and I think they like to keep the whole thing hush hush so they don't get hordes of people doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back