2014 home attendances

The budgeted target, will we

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the excellent and all too short interview with Matthew Richardson in this week's preview podcast, he mentioned that the club has budgeted for an average home attendance in the 33-34,000 range. This strikes me as both ambitious (based on last year's figures) and very gettable (based on what we've seen so far this year, particularly the Brisbane game).

So let's keep a running count and average of how we're tracking as the year goes on.

RD 2 vs Adelaide: 50,397
RD 4 vs Brisbane: 36,231
RD 6 vs Geelong: 47,007
RD 8 vs Fremantle: 38,234
RD 10 vs Hawthorn: 52,233
RD 12 vs St. Kilda: 43,374
RD 14 vs Footscray: 34,258
RD 16 vs Essendon: 46,786
RD 18 vs Melbourne: 37,894
RD 20 vs Sydney: 50,087
RD 22 vs Carlton: 52,505

Total YTD: 489,006

Average YTD: 44,455

Last edited:

If the Brisbane game is anything to go by then we will smash it.

It's certainly an incredibly good sign, time and opponent wise.

Keeping heaps of GA seats available up the back of the Eastern and Riverbank stands should really minimise the effects of rainy days, too. I trust the club will communicate this fact effectively if and when rain is expected.

What percentage of ticket prices and food and drink goes to the club and also what is a break even number?

REH will be able to go into this in more detail but I believe a clean stadium deal means that we don't get food and drink revenue.

As for break even number, I don't think the club wants to communicate in those kinds of terms anymore. That's why we've been told what the budgeted number is.

11 X 33K = 343K. We have 86628 already so 343K-86628 = 256372. 256372/9 = 28486. The next 3 games are the test because the first one was the showdown and the second one was a nearly certain win. The three to come are against Freo, Hawthorn and Geelong. Will so many supporters come to games where we will enter as underdogs?

11 X 33K = 343K. We have 86628 already so 343K-86628 = 256372. 256372/9 = 28486. The next 3 games are the test because the first one was the showdown and the second one was a nearly certain win. The three to come are against Freo, Hawthorn and Geelong. Will so many supporters come to games where we will enter as underdogs?
I'd say the prospect of playing the best temqsw in the comp would make them more likely to attend.

Aside from playing Fremantle. No one likes watching Fremantle.

11 X 33K = 343K. We have 86628 already so 343K-86628 = 256372. 256372/9 = 28486.

Looks hugely gettable when you put it that way!

The next 3 games are the test because the first one was the showdown and the second one was a nearly certain win. The three to come are against Freo, Hawthorn and Geelong. Will so many supporters come to games where we will enter as underdogs?

I think the Hawthorn game has the potential to be huge, especially if we take good momentum into it. Our first true night game at Adelaide Oval

I'd say the prospect of playing the best temqsw in the comp would make them more likely to attend.

If we beat them all will we be the best temqsw?

I watched last years grand final in black and white.

All that piss poo and purple made me vomit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks game will be huge. Ive got hawks mates in melbourne coming down, and he thinks there will be at least a cpl thousand hawks fans making the trip.
They never went to AAMI but love the look of AO.
Mid to high 40's is a real possibility, wouldn't be surprised if its a sell out.

Looks hugely gettable when you put it that way!

I think the Hawthorn game has the potential to be huge, especially if we take good momentum into it. Our first true night game at Adelaide Oval
If we aren't flogged by Geelong and Fremantle then 45k is possible vs. the Hawks. The Hawks have one of the strongest supporter bases in SA (especially when they are doing well). Unlike Brisbane where there'd wouldn't have been 1k of their supporters at AO, versus the Hawks 5k of their supporters at AO is not an unrealistic expectation. That alone takes it from 36k to 41k. Add in Saturday night instead of a crap timeslot and playing a top team and anything under 40k would be a disappointment.

i think the geelong game on anzac weekend will be huge, no less than brisbane, hopefully 4-5000 more. if geelong and port win this week it will be 1 v 2 on the ladder, against a side who have destroyed us for years, this is our test to break the hoodoo and i think at adelaide oval we will stand up and win by quite a margin, so 40 000 plus to that one. hawks will be huge too, alot of support for them in this state, a few thousand of them will be there alone 40-45000 for that one. the freo, st kilda, melbourne and bulldogs game will probably be down a bit but hopefully some good weather and an exciting brand of footy (and hopefully big wins) brings the crowds along. essendon and carlton should also look at getting around 40000 plus, especially friday night v carlton, so overall i think we should average well above 35 000 hopefully closer to 40 000, and lets be honest 2 or 3 years ago if someone said we would get anywhere near that figure they would have been locked up in the nut house and thrown away the key, amazing turnaround

also i remember kochie in an interview well before the season had started mention they budgeted for 30 000, i thought at the time no chance of averaging that for the year, turns out we will smash that figure.

I reckon we'll average about 35k. Considering last week was a Saturday afternoon game against a team not really known for their huge crowds, I think it was a reasonable indicator for crowds to come.

Essendon and Carlton will be our big drawing games with Geelong and Hawthorn not that far behind. Sydney, Freo, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and St Kilda are not normally big crowd pullers for us. Brisbane have not been big attendances in recent years but we got 36k thanks in part to the AO novelty value. A lot will depend how well we are travelling but if we get 35k to the first four and 25k to the rest we will average around 32,000. The Rd 16 game v Essendon might be a blockbuster if both teams are in contention so that could be a very high attendance. It is all really guesswork and those 25k guesses are a little conservative so hopefully those attendances will be nearer 30k and we will be over 34,000 average.

I went through the games and got an average expected crowd of 38k.
Ditto. I really want to know how much coin we're making from games when we get let's say 35k, and what our breakeven crowd is approximately.

Back