Injury 2014 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree right now we're having a good run. 3 LTI but one soon to come off that list and 4 other injuries of 1-2 weeks.

2010-2012 Port were in the position you find yourself in now. In 2010 possibly worse. At one point we could select from 26 players.

Difference is, we find ourselves in this position every year :p

I've posted this before and will say it again...... Curnow is a ripper, highly under rated and will be missed badly. I hope his injury is not as serious as it sounds and wish him a speedy recovery. I look forward to the day when he is given freedom from tagging because I bet he could become an 'ace' on baller and prime mover. Football is not about looking good as it is all about being good. Curnow is 'just' good... full stop!

Not by me. I love him. I wish I had his hair.

If you believe Judd was ready to step straight back into a high intensity seniors game, you're fairly gullible. We know the club bullshits almost every single round of every single year about injuries.

Look at the recent MK fiasco for a recent example.

If you believe Judd was ready to step straight back into a high intensity seniors game, you're fairly gullible. We know the club bullshits almost every single round of every single year about injuries.

He was being eased back in that's why he was sub. Got unlucky with the push . Replay that 100 times and he comes through clear 99 of them .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He was being eased back in that's why he was sub. Got unlucky with the push . Replay that 100 times and he comes through clear 99 of them .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

And what if, as usual we copped an early injury?

Bloody stupid when he hasnt kicked a footy in anger for 6+ months

Btw, very upset with bell. Poor bloke. Reckon he gets better each time he is out there. Does some freakish things. Obviously burns it a little, but god he works hard and has potential. Another that should play every week. Injury sucks.

Injuries are starting to hit hard now. Very unfortunate for Judd, Curnow & Bell and wish them all the best in their recoveries.

There is always, however, a silver lining in these situations. Those 3 lengthy absences allow for some of our players on the periphery to really stamp their claim for a spot in the senior side.

Whether it be a kid or a player who has been around for a while there are now spots open and it is up to the individual to claim them.

Injuries are starting to hit hard now. Very unfortunate for Judd, Curnow & Bell and wish them all the best in their recoveries.

There is always, however, a silver lining in these situations. Those 3 lengthy absences allow for some of our players on the periphery to really stamp their claim for a spot in the senior side.

Whether it be a kid or a player who has been around for a while there are now spots open and it is up to the individual to claim them.
Agree. The realist in me doesn't think we will make the eight from here, but I dont care about that now. I want whoever comes in to grab their chance by the scruff and for the team to continue that effort and commitment for the rest of the season. We might see guys like Lucas, Watson, Menzel, Buckley etal really take the next step.

so has menzel got a corky, a quad or a hammy? the story seems to change a bit! apparently according to the club he now has a hammy but might get up this week! 14 days! sure....

Unfortunately don't get all the background news up here in Sydney, can anybody fill me in on the following:

1. Why is Robbo not playing either 1s or 2s at present? He is not listed on injury list. Anything to do with recent fatherhood?

2. Buckley was a late change for White which was obviously part of the ploy to have a 3 pronged fwd line, White to cover for Hendo down back. So if Buckley was not pulled out due to injury why didn't he have a run for the 2s? Again - not on injured list (is he?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately don't get all the background news up here in Sydney, can anybody fill me in on the following:

1. Why is Robbo not playing either 1s or 2s at present? He is not listed on injury list. Anything to do with recent fatherhood?
Mitch hurt his knee at training a couple of weeks back but I believe he was expected back last weekend.

I'll back Mick over your assumption any day.
For a player of Judd's calibre, there is just no way he would have risked him had he not been right.
We could speculate all we like whether he should have come back through the VFL, but there was every chance he would have done the same thing at Whitten Oval anyway.

Mitch hurt his knee at training a couple of weeks back but I believe he was expected back last weekend.

Ah ok, thanks BB25.

2. Buckley was a late change for White which was obviously part of the ploy to have a 3 pronged fwd line, White to cover for Hendo down back. So if Buckley was not pulled out due to injury why didn't he have a run for the 2s? Again - not on injured list (is he?)

Anybody? Did DB7 have an injury or just out for team balance and pulled out too late to make the 2s game?

Interesting addition to this for me, after the dogs game, is the idea that the senior and middle tier players really stood up - well everybody stood up. What this means is that we are much more capable of brining kids in without that process having a detrimental impact as the more settled clubs do.

Playing well has many advantages.

Edit:

Brining Kids ?

Sorry - been at boxing, brain is rattles.

Edit 2:

Brain is rattles ?

Give up.

Last edited:
I'll back Mick over your assumption any day.
For a player of Judd's calibre, there is just no way he would have risked him had he not been right.
We could speculate all we like whether he should have come back through the VFL, but there was every chance he would have done the same thing at Whitten Oval anyway.

Fair enough. However, ALL of the EVIDENCE shows it was the wrong decision.

I guess my issue is I'm seeing a worrisome trend. MK playing unfit, and now this.

[quote="Bluesque, post: 32691331, member]Judd himself said he was ready to go FWIW[/quote]

I am sure he felt ready to get back to football duties. That's fine.

My issue I think we manage injured players return to football poorly.

No one can think that it wouldn't be safer to ease the bloke back in.

I would think some res football, followed by a sub appearance or two, then full game time. Obviously nothing is perfect however, it would certainly be safer. I want to see judd play as long as possible. I want to see MK be a superstar for the club. need to look after these guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back