Injury 2014 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious. I was near the bench. Definitely wasn't an ankle issue
I saw it as purely a knee/lower leg injury. The ankle he did when he injured it playing against us in 2012 was his right ankle as well.

Personally, I would just leave him out for the rest of the season even if it is possible that he can make it back in.

That MMM bloke was an absolute peanut

Commentators would replay an injury/incident 5 times, openly discuss it, the player would be on the bench, down the rooms, back on the bench with tape, then they'd cross to the MMM guy and he would have nothing but vague guesses that completely contradicted the vision and thought of the commentators, he did it several times

The leg that cripples for Daisy was his left leg, his left knee was taped, he tried to play on but couldnt and hobbled to the bench and the guys like "yeah think its his right ankle maybe"

And with Menzel after everyone saw the vision and it was clear as day shoulder injury, menz sits on the bench for 10 minutes and everbody from here to London knows hes hurt his shoulder, then 15 minutes later he comes on with "I think Menz might have hurt his shoulder"

The guy was a dead set peanut

Of all people I want to see iced for the year, its gotta be Juddy! If he pings a hammy round 23 and retires I'll riot

@FOXFootyLive: Season over for McLean, Ellard http://t.co/sTvtJXZCEw #afl

Brock torn calf. Ellard strained ligament in ankle.

Menz could play apparently. I hope they don't risk it. Put him away.

Daisy bone bruising. But not ruled out for year but just this week. Put him away too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury toll for 2014

Docherty.
Judd.
Bell.
Henderson.
Walker.
Curnow.
Everitt.
Thomas.
Menzel.
Robinson.
Kreuzer.
Mclean.
Jamison.
Ellard.
Cripps.
Buckley.
Scotland - retired due to injury.
Duigan - retired due to injury.
Bootsma - flesh wound.
Cachia.
Giles.
Yarran.
Carrazzo - soft tissue injuries.
Tuohy - guessing he's carrying a knee injury.
Rowe - suddenly donning a protective glove on his left hand.

Is that accurate?

2014 has been a wonderful season. Our luck is sure to change next year.:drunk:

Last edited:
Add Gibbs. Last night was the first night his leg wasn't strapped up to an inch of it's life. And twinged his back in the warm up but still played.

Simmo plays with his leg strapped every week .

I reckon every single player on our list has had an injury of some sort.

That's what I thought. They had his whole knee strapped up.

Pies board frothing over a possible ankle injury.

Think the Pies board may have more important issues to froth over - 67 points to Brisbane at the 'G.:eek:

Interesting to note - Fox put up the list of injured Collingwood players (inc. Maxwell). Had approximately 12 players - including a couple I'd never heard of.

Said to my mate - at this time of year you could put a similar list for just about every club.

(... of course, we wont hear that. All we will hear now is how injuries have robbed Collingwood of a spot in the Top 8).

Considering Collingwoods injury woes from tonight was direct karma from them frothing and goo chugging over Daisy last night

Happy for Daisy to be sidelined if it's a 1 weeker, but prefer Menzal and other young kids to play given game time is so valuable to them

Considering Collingwoods injury woes from tonight was direct karma from them frothing and goo chugging over Daisy last night

Happy for Daisy to be sidelined if it's a 1 weeker, but prefer Menzal and other young kids to play given game time is so valuable to them

No risking Menzel if his shoulder is injured. If it's not then fine. But why risk a potential serious shoulder injury in dead rubbers?

No risking Menzel if his shoulder is injured. If it's not then fine. But why risk a potential serious shoulder injury in dead rubbers?

I just think if a young player is fit it's in their best interest to play

Before we know it they won't be dead rubbers but he won't have the experience we need from him

Obviously you don't risk him if it's 80-90%, but if he's fit he plays imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back