Injury 2014 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The current scenario... misses preseason and ends up starting around the time NAB cup commences. Earlier return then Docherty last year.

Worst case scenario... misses preseason and NAB cup games. Ends up coming back mid way through the year to find some form in the 2s for the 2nd part of the year.

Honestly. It's not the worst thing that could happen. Hopefully he can use the next 4 months to bulk up.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/jaksch-to-miss-ten-weeks-with-foot-injury-20141117-11ohe4.html

The gun recruit for whom the Blues gave up a top ten draft pick in the trade exchange, has a stress reaction in his navicular but not a stress fracture. A CT scan Monday morning confirmed MRI scans of the foot taken on Saturday.

"It's better news than we thought i tmight have been," Carlton football manager Andrew Mackay said.

"Luckily it's not a stress fracture, it's a stress reaction. We have been lucky we have caught it early. But he will miss 10 weeks of training."

Blue Dimension

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
N Mystics & GC Lightning
Navicular fractures - same injury that has put Trengove on the sidelines for endless months and also ruined Egan's career as well if i remember correctly?

Worst news.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
This injury is probably the most concerning going around these days, with Egan and Trengrove being destroyed by them, if they are not treated correctly they can be career threatening. Jacksch surely would have had a medical before arriving at Carlton, so doctors would of been well aware if there was any pre-existing concerns.

Given that, hopefully the injury is fresh, and no long-term damage has been caused

(Log in to remove this ad.)

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure I quite understand what a stress reaction is. Your thoughts Dr Etsal1 :p:D
From my limited understanding it's like the phase before a fracture. So in other words they caught it earlier than they caught Giles' who needed surgery as it was fractured.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously though, WTF is going on with just about every young tall we draft or recruit these days?!! :mad:

It's bullsh!t.
Are we just unlucky, or is there some bizarre welcome ritual that involves beating the feet of newcomers with metal rods?
Kris hasn't even been at the club more than a couple of weeks, what have they been doing to him?

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
That friggin pile of moon boots just had to find a home.

Hoep the club is not understating it. Would rather know the full extent than get the kind of crap they usually feed us about injuries.

It's the way the club breaks the news gently to us.
Read it as "His foot is ******, he'll need surgery and we expect him to debut about round 4, 2016. :rolleyes:
Haha fair point B64, i'd like a dollar for every 3-4 week injury that has seen the player return in 10 weeks!!

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Look we have a late start to the season and the best thing for him now is to build up some upper body mass and strength and hit the pool... He's young and hopefully it's managed well and we see him playing in the seniors second half of the year.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think the time he'll miss with that injury is that much of an issue given his age & need to develop his body etc.

My concern is that foot injuries are notoriously bad and don't always heel according to plan.

I don't think the time he'll miss with that injury is that much of an issue given his age & need to develop his body etc.

My concern is that foot injuries are notoriously bad and don't always heel according to plan.
Very clever etsal1 :D

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
This news sucks.

Very excited to see this kid play.

It will be 6-12 weeks in a moon boot.

To put this in context. Joel Embiid drafted by Philadelphia 76ers has a navicular fracture. They are being very conservative but he is out for 9-12 months

Foot injuries in big men are always big problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back