Injury 2014 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
This news sucks.

Very excited to see this kid play.

It will be 6-12 weeks in a moon boot.

To put this in context. Joel Embiid drafted by Philadelphia 76ers has a navicular fracture. They are being very conservative but he is out for 9-12 months

Foot injuries in big men are always big problems.
Jaksch doesn't have a fracture. Just stress reaction at the moment. From what Southby has told me at first the club thought it was a fracture but have since had better news.

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
Jaksch doesn't have a fracture. Just stress reaction at the moment. From what Southby has told me at first the club thought it was a fracture but have since had better news.

I know its not a fracture. I was just putting the injury into context.

As I said, 6-12 weeks in a boot.

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Lets take a balanced look at this.

Negatives: Likely miss most of pre-season and be managed in early part of the year to avoid it getting worse/turning into a fracture. Also - foot injuries are typically the worst and severely hampers training, so expect a slow and sluggish start to 2015 for KJ.
Positives: Can possible spend this time to bulk up in the gym and bond with fellow navicular-buddy Giles - who he may potentially partner with in the back line for the next 5-10 years. Also takes the pressure off him to debut, whilst also acting as a test for him to see how he reacts under this kind of situation - if he gets through this (which I'm positive he will) then he'll surely come out the other side having the respect and full backing of the team to join them in the team on field.

Rest up KJ and we'll see you back out there before we know it.

I know its not a fracture. I was just putting the injury into context.

As I said, 6-12 weeks in a boot.

My heart sank when I heard this on the way home tonight.
I know the club will be cautious with him, but I really hope he spends much closer to 6 weeks in the moon boot than 12 weeks.

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I know the club will be cautious with him, but I really hope he spends much closer to 6 weeks in the moon boot than 12 weeks.

These can be such a long term issue, I'm sure they will be uber conservative. No need to ruin a career for a season we will be scrapping for 8th spot

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

These can be such a long term issue, I'm sure they will be uber conservative. No need to ruin a career for a season we will be scrapping for 8th spot

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Well that's s**t news. How has this injury became so common or has it always been? Could we better prevent this, perhaps fork out some dollars to a good podiatrist to go over all our players with a fine tooth comb once in a while? It's become one of the more serious injuries in football. At least we caught it at an early stage, I wonder how we managed to do that?

mrjones

All Australian
Nov 27, 2009
South East Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Conspiraceh board
upload_2014-11-17_22-36-17.jpeg

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
My wager is that there'll be little to no football for KJ for 2015.
2016 if management and luck are on his side must be the target.
Just based on knowing how these types of injuries can manifest themselves.

Good luck to the lad.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
They can't test for absolutely everything. If he doesn't have a history of foot injuries (I have no idea if he does or not) then why would they do preliminary testing on that specifically?

The poor club can't do anything right.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
we got him in to be a 10 year KP player at this club so missing a fair chunk of pre-season is not an issue. In fact great chance to hit the gym and then do a pre-season in Feb-April and bring him back slowly through the northern blues. Maybe get 5-6 games at AFL level if playing well enough towards end of season.

This year was about development anyway and he should get some good physical development.

Having said that, navicular injury did end the career of my favorite player growing up which was Adrian Whitehead

Back