Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Malceski is obviously a key but its one area we have reasonable depth so could be worse
Yes we have plenty of small-medium defender types but don't think any of them comes close to replicating Malceski's skill set. If if he doesn't pull up I actually hope we put McVeigh back as I thought he was very good replacing Mal after quarter time with his delivery out of the back half.

Yes we have plenty of small-medium defender types but don't think any of them comes close to replicating Malceski's skill set. If if he doesn't pull up I actually hope we put McVeigh back as I thought he was very good replacing Mal after quarter time with his delivery out of the back half.

Oh for sure and i agree mcveigh

Malceski is number one on the depth chart but we can shuffle a lot easier than if say pyke goes down

Oh for sure and i agree mcveigh

Malceski is number one on the depth chart but we can shuffle a lot easier than if say pyke goes down
Towers!

Reports this morning in Melbourne that Nick Smith went down with a hamstring in the last 5 minutes yesterday.

Anyone heard anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Horse say in his presser he got a knock and then cramped? or was that another player.

Haven't seen or heard anything on the presser went straight from the ground to the airport. Hopefully that's the one you're talking about.

Nick Smith interview (SEN) say's he's fine, hamstring cramp, nothing else, as said above.

Nick Smith interview (SEN) say's he's fine, hamstring cramp, nothing else, as said above.
I've adopted a policy of not believing a single word that the club says about an injury - and that goes for Smith's and Mal's from yesterday. They will never say anything beyond "it's fine" or "I'm hopeful that I'll be okay for next week". I'm not complaining about it, the club should only care about being in the best position to win their next game, it's just that I won't believe any statement that any player is fit until I actually see them line up on the pitch at the beginning of the game.

I've adopted a policy of not believing a single word that the club says about an injury - and that goes for Smith's and Mal's from yesterday. They will never say anything beyond "it's fine" or "I'm hopeful that I'll be okay for next week". I'm not complaining about it, the club should only care about being in the best position to win their next game, it's just that I won't believe any statement that any player is fit until I actually see them line up on the pitch at the beginning of the game.

Agreed. It's always seems to be like this:
We won't know the outcome till scans. Scans completed - We have to see how he trains today. Trains Fine - If he gets through thursday training he will play. Gets through thursdays training - still no clearer.

Watching the replay of the Sunday footy show. Don't know whether to take this seriously but Damien Barret said he was in sydney and spoke to people and club officials and they were under the impression that Mal wont be playing again this season.

Watching the replay of the Sunday footy show. Don't know whether to take this seriously but Damien Barret said he was in sydney and spoke to people and club officials and they were under the impression that Mal wont be playing again this season.

Yer guess we will find out today, we took a gamble was obvious he was feeling it before we even ran through the banner.

We gambled and lost so gonna have to deal with it now.

Well I was approached by a guy in a long coat that offered me a fake Rolex for $5, some dubious pr0n on VHS and then asked me whether Mal would play again this year. It was kind of surprising at the time since DVD's are so cheap these days.

But re Mal I said I hoped so but it didn't look good so at least you now know the source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back