Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why at least half a season without him? I mean if he gets the LARS and it holds then assuming he can find the form he needs AJ could be in the side come round 1 especially given that the season is starting later than it usually would.

He has to have the LARS first. Three months recovery with a limited exercise program. Then in February, maybe, he will start looking to boost his program. If he sees the first match I will be very surprised. He has not played for two years and he will be on a limited preparation compared to the other guys. Give him a break and let's say mid season for the Seniors if he makes it back.

I'll tell you what.
This kid Alir Alir is going to be a gun for us. He reads the play well, he can mark & he can run.

A very exciting prospect that will become a supporter favourite should things go well.

I agree Tedeski. He is very exciting. I love how he can look totally out of the contest, a bit like Rohan, then suddenly either mark or punch the ball 20 metres to our advantage. He has a few problems with ball control at times but always backs up and uses his big frame to get the pill back. Some of his marking is just sensational and one day he will take mark of the century mark my words.

AJ update. The medico's think the infection has just about settled down and when its gone Lars will be done with a 3 month recovery. He's back in a positive frame of mind.
I watched a replay of 2012 gf a couple of days ago, I know its stating the obvious, but AJ had the potential to be an elite defender by now. His loss, and the subsequent loss of development, has really hurt us and AJ. I hope he gets back and fulfils what we saw in 2012. AJ had a very promising career at his feet and I can't wait to cheer him on whenever it is he makes his comeback game. Still hard to believe the last kick in the 2012 granny was also his last in an AFL match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a replay of 2012 gf a couple of days ago, I know its stating the obvious, but AJ had the potential to be an elite defender by now. His loss, and the subsequent loss of development, has really hurt us and AJ. I hope he gets back and fulfils what we saw in 2012. AJ had a very promising career at his feet and I can't wait to cheer him on whenever it is he makes his comeback game. Still hard to believe the last kick in the 2012 granny was also his last in an AFL match.
When you watched the 2012 GF, did you 'tear up' at the end? I always do......:rolleyes: One thing is for certain, I'll never tear up watching the 2014 GF, cos I won't be watching it, ever......:(

I think I get it before Emma

More than likely Bedford. But we still get news up here in Sydney pretty quick. There are one or two people in the media who are lightening fast with news. Ex-players like Denis Carroll get news pretty quickly but will only release stufff the club wants released. That is a good way to get scoops.

AJ update. Lars will be in Jan -Feb, just to make sure the infection has gone and he expects to play the 2nd half of 15
Last thing anyone would want is to push him back too fast/hard & re do it again. I do hope he can do a Mal and come back strong from this one & finally establish himself and play a solid consistent block of footy. Then again I'm thinking surely thats too soon with someone with his degree of injury, I'm no doctor & I trust our medical staff/coaches to do the right thing by AJ but it just seems like a short time considering how long he's been out & the severity of his injuries.

Jeez I hope he nails it & can get back tho. Reckon he's a superstar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back