Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

no matter the player or injury matt Cameron always says 'they should be back running next week!'. give me a spell mate.

inorite

or

"they will be back with the main group soon"

or

"they will be doing ball work shortly"

or

meh....it is worse than Comical Ali

I guess it's effectively Reid out for Tippett over the next week or so, which isn't exactly a downgrade.

I'm not sure why Reid has been playing with achilles soreness, though.

It's becoming clear to me that injury management is a key part of running a club, with expectations of playing deep into finals this year. Is it possible the Swans are engaging in highly conservative management of talls to reduce the compounding effects of playing injured. I would not be surprised to see swans players managed cautiously across the board in an effort to be fresher and less fatigued later in the year. The consequences of which we witnessed first hand last year, and which the early srounds of this year suggest it will be an even more draining and fatiguing year and schedule for all teams (rotations are down, injuries are up, TOG is up) With a list that has 2/3 speciallist key forwards, could this cautious management of players be a part of the plan folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's becoming clear to me that injury management is a key part of running a club, with expectations of playing deep into finals this year. Is it possible the Swans are engaging in highly conservative management of talls to reduce the compounding effects of playing injured. I would not be surprised to see swans players managed cautiously across the board in an effort to be fresher and less fatigued later in the year. The consequences of which we witnessed first hand last year, and which the early srounds of this year suggest it will be an even more draining and fatiguing year and schedule for all teams (rotations are down, injuries are up, TOG is up) With a list that has 2/3 speciallist key forwards, could this cautious management of players be a part of the plan folks.

If part of that plan was to lose our first two games, one of which was against a team that only won one last year, then yes!

If part of that plan was to lose our first two games, one of which was against a team that only won one last year, then yes!

I think Dan87 has a point and better to drop a couple early than drop any at all in the tail end of the season.

I think Dan87 has a point and better to drop a couple early than drop any at all in the tail end of the season.

I highly doubt we thought we would go even close to dropping those two games regardless, it was a great reality check.

I'd have goodes as a sub for the first 5-6 games he is back. He will be a very hard matchup coming on at 3qtr time fully fresh. The runners who are quick enough and fit enough to go with him have already run 12-15 Kms and the blokes who are big enough to go with him won't have that much gas left after crashing around for 3qtrs.

Come to think of it, if goodes can get through the rest of the year unscathed, the sub rule could add years to his career

i agree with dan87 100% i have no doubt we were being extremely cautious in our injury management, it's just that the players didnt hold up their end of the bargain.

if you asked 100 footy fans if 2014 would have been the time gws would break the duck, 95 would have said no, and the other 5 would have been trolls.

game 1 was a lock, game 2 was 60/40. the coaches wouldve taken 2/3 while resting players until they were 100% right, not 95%.

we had the team to mke top 4 even while resting players, it just hasnt gone to plan. so now we're a little under the pump, we need to stay in touch over the next few rounds otherwise we're going to have to play underdone players (and risk further.injuries) to get the job done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back