2014 injury thread.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There's a whisper that Gary's shoulder is not healing as fast as it should be (yeah, yeah, old news). Rocket let slip today that Gaz has been unable to take a mark above his head and it sounds as if he had to miss the open day today to get it checked out.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is why his re-signing hasn't been announced yet.

Where's rocket quoted saying this..?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There's a whisper that Gary's shoulder is not healing as fast as it should be (yeah, yeah, old news). Rocket let slip today that Gaz has been unable to take a mark above his head and it sounds as if he had to miss the open day today to get it checked out.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is why his re-signing hasn't been announced yet.

So the club lied to it's members yesterday when on club website, Gary was apologising for having to miss because of an unavoidable family engagement? Hmmm...I don't buy it.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Rockets speech at the family day did make me feel Gaz is still a way off which is a pity. But I love his open and honest approach as coach. I like he broke the news about McKenzie and Shaw re-signing.

Had a good chat with Rory T, he is bummed out big time about his toe. Tape said he is having his best pre-season to date, Sammy Day had his calf strapped.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Rockets speech at the family day did make me feel Gaz is still a way off which is a pity. But I love his open and honest approach as coach. I like he broke the news about McKenzie and Shaw re-signing.

Had a good chat with Rory T, he is bummed out big time about his toe. Tape said he is having his best pre-season to date, Sammy Day had his calf strapped.
Rory say how the toe was going? Expect to be playing in NAB maybe?

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Rory say how the toe was going? Expect to be playing in NAB maybe?
I asked him about the NAB cup and he didn't directly answer the question but he seemed a bit doubtful without outright denying that he'll play. Said he can't wait until the season start though - said he's sick of training haha.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Can confirm Gary was at a wedding today with his brother. Wasn't seeing a doctor or anything else sketchy ;)

gDgkYdw.jpg

Photo from today with Nathan Ablett.

Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs
Was at family day yesterday and credit to the club for putting on a great event , would of been 500 people there in hot conditions.

Spoke to a few players

Sammy Day - has torn his calf a few days ago will miss nab cup games , says its a 6-7 week injury.

Peter Wright - also a leg injury , said he will be touch and go for first nab , kid is a manchild , massive.

Gary Ablett - wasnt there but spoke to rocket who was very honest , says he hopes him to play nab 3.

Dion Prestia - wont play nab 1 , hopes to play after that.

J.Omeara - hopes to play nab 3.

Got the feeling after talking to players we will field a lot of new guys at Townsville.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
would of been 500 people there in hot conditions.
Definitely more than that - my guess 1000+ over the course of the day.

I noticed that there was a dude at the entrance with a clicker, so I imagine the number is known to the club. Hopefully it'll be announced publicly!

Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs
Definitely more than that - my guess 1000+ over the course of the day.

I noticed that there was a dude at the entrance with a clicker, so I imagine the number is known to the club. Hopefully it'll be announced publicly!

Yeah they only had the one food stall open which was 20 deep for most of the day , dare say they where not expecting as many as that.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Yeah they only had the one food stall open which was 20 deep for most of the day , dare say they where not expecting as many as that.
I was stuck in that queue for twenty minutes just for a bottle of water. Plenty of people around me were complaining loudly and rudely. I felt sorry for the people working at the kiosk!

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I saw that Spook still had his wrist in a cast but didn't get a chance to ask him how he was going - anyone got any information?

Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs
Big Charlie was walking like 70 yo man at family day , dare say he will be a fair way of it.

Back