2014 injury thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting individual awards aside, that's a big blow to his confidence - you could see it on his face, all that anticipation and he couldn't even celebrate with the guys. Must have felt like he let them down. Hopefully he gets his confidence back after a devastating start to his career.

Ok so I need to hear from someone who knows injuries well.

I heard Bluey saying that he has done this shoulder before. I was thinking last night, I really hope this does not become one of these chronic things. If I look back in a few years and have to say "Gee imagine what Jack could have become if not for his injuries" I will be bloody heart broken. I have seen this guy since he was a kid and I know how bloody talented he is. I will be shattered to see it go to waste.

Also, do we know roughly how long he will take given the scans? 2 months? 3?

Will it hinder his marking ability during his career?

Not too mention how he must be feeling :( Poor fella, I could see it in his face he was just shattered. Man this shits me.

Fresh legs when he comes back in half way through the season!

Can he still win the NAB rising star, or does Lemmo have it in the bag now?
Lemmens is paying $251 to win the rising star. Pretty unlikely but if he can play all games this year is worth a few bucks on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so I need to hear from someone who knows injuries well.

I heard Bluey saying that he has done this shoulder before. I was thinking last night, I really hope this does not become one of these chronic things. If I look back in a few years and have to say "Gee imagine what Jack could have become if not for his injuries" I will be bloody heart broken. I have seen this guy since he was a kid and I know how bloody talented he is. I will be shattered to see it go to waste.

Also, do we know roughly how long he will take given the scans? 2 months? 3?

Will it hinder his marking ability during his career?
You're worrying a bit too much. :) Injuries happen to players all the time. Popping shoulders especially so when you're a contested type player. It just happens on occasion. Even to juniors.

This doesn't mean it's anything chronic, nor does it mean it's now 'weaker' than it once was. Perhaps if he injured them routintely over and over again it could wear the joint down, but this isn't the case at all.

You're worrying a bit too much. :) Injuries happen to players all the time. Popping shoulders especially so when you're a contested type player. It just happens on occasion. Even to juniors.

This doesn't mean it's anything chronic, nor does it mean it's now 'weaker' than it once was. Perhaps if he injured them routintely over and over again it could wear the joint down, but this isn't the case at all.

Okay thanks :) I just dont want to see a once in a generation talent go to waste. Do you think he will play again this season?

Okay thanks :) I just dont want to see a once in a generation talent go to waste. Do you think he will play again this season?

I dont see it happening. Unless we have an injury toll like last year.

Get him right, nurse him in through the NEAFL, and give him another pre season and a second debut again next year!

I dont see it happening. Unless we have an injury toll like last year.

Get him right, nurse him in through the NEAFL, and give him another pre season and a second debut again next year!

If he is right to go then why not? If he gets over the injury by round 15/16 then plays 3 or 4 good NEAFL games and proves fitness it would be cruel to starve him of senior opportunity. He wants to play desperately.

4 months generally means 18 weeks minimum. Then someone with that much of a break would need normally 3 games minimum for NEAFL - Which would be close to finals time for the NEAFL SUNS.

So he would be looking at about a Round 22 AFL come back. Would be harsh to pull someone from the team that late unless injury or super poor form allowed. Not for 2 games (+ finals ;) )

4 months generally means 18 weeks minimum. Then someone with that much of a break would need normally 3 games minimum for NEAFL - Which would be close to finals time for the NEAFL SUNS.

So he would be looking at about a Round 22 AFL come back. Would be harsh to pull someone from the team that late unless injury or super poor form allowed. Not for 2 games (+ finals ;) )

Think they said up to 4 months. It could be less? No one has actually given an accurate time frame yet.

It would be harsh. For Jack Martin though, they will swallow their pride. Jack Martin will be great to have in finals as a surprise packet in the forward line ;)

I mean like how do you exclude Martin if he is shredding apart the NEAFL for 3 weeks straight? Which he will.

I mean like how do you exclude Martin if he is shredding apart the NEAFL for 3 weeks straight? Which he will.

This is true, but confidence also plays a big part with an injury like that. There is no certainty that he will come back immediately and be half as hard as he was beforehand. Especially seeing as he has done his AC before

This is true, but confidence also plays a big part with an injury like that. There is no certainty that he will come back immediately and be half as hard as he was beforehand. Especially seeing as he has done his AC before

If you think that you dont know Jack very well :p

I've seen the time blow out to 4 months, which could be the case with surgery. I've also seen 3 months.

If it's 3 months, it gives him time to play seniors. If 4 months, maybe we'll play him in the last H&A game just to give him some reward. If we're playing finals, he'll play then too.

Heck of a time to start your opening games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back