2014 injury thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc Larkins update.

Nathan Bock - Leg - Indefinite
Charlie Dixon - Concussion - Available
Jack Martin - Shoulder - Indefinite
Zac Smith* - Knee - Indefinite
Seb Tape - Hamstring - Test

Doc Larkins says: Dixon and Tape are both good prospects to return. Martin has had his AC stabilisation surgery and will probably miss three months. - 26/3

Bennell to miss Dockers clash.
“It has been a long road for ‘Bocky’ to come back from his leg injury and he had some games last year, but he is moving considerably better this time around,” Schwerdt said.

“He trained with the team this morning and looked really sharp, so he’s not far away and we potentially see him playing a game in the next couple of weeks.

“He is close to being back into game mode.”

Harley Bennell, Calf, 1 week

Nathan Bock, Leg, Indefinite

Jack Leslie, Conditioning, 3-4 weeks

Jack Martin, Shoulder, Indefinite

Zac Smith, Knee, Indefinite

Seb Tape, Hamstring, 2 weeks

Injury update: Boston & Lonergan.
“Jesse has unfortunately sustained a fracture to his left hand, while Andrew has fractured his right ankle.

“Our medical staff will further assess Jesse and Andrew’s injuries in the coming days, where they will determine the appropriate course of action for both players, we will then be in a better position to determine the length of time Andrew and Jesse will be sidelined for,” Ashcroft said.

Don't even want to put that out in to the universe right now. As it is he is worth a top 10 pick. If he only gets up for 6-7 interspersed games that could quickly drop to a second rounder :(

The way they are playing neither West Coast or Freo will have a top 10 pick to offer us, their best will be a late first rounder. If Harley decides to go and nominates a club we could get royally screwed like the lions did with Polak and Yeo

The way they are playing neither West Coast or Freo will have a top 10 pick to offer us, their best will be a late first rounder. If Harley decides to go and nominates a club we could get royally screwed like the lions did with Polak and Yeo

True that. I'm not 100% sold on West Coast yet, as they have played two potential bottom 4 teams so far . . But your opposition is only as good as they turn up on the day, and the Eagles have looked good. They have StKilda next week too!

True that. I'm not 100% sold on West Coast yet, as they have played two potential bottom 4 teams so far . . But your opposition is only as good as they turn up on the day, and the Eagles have looked good. They have StKilda next week too!

They did have an anomaly year in 2013 due to injuries. I think they are definite top 6 team particularly with 11 home games in the West, it's hard to see how they wont be around the 14-15+ win mark I reckon..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Gold Coast midfielder Harley Bennell is likely to miss a further two or three matches after aggravating his calf last week.

Bennell re-injured himself in a bid to prove his fitness prior to the match against Fremantle in Perth last week Despite the frustration, Bennell told goldcoastfc.com.au that he would now concentrate in rehabilitating his calf."

From Suns app...

I will be interested to see how long Jesse Lonergan is side lined with his broken hand. Hopefully he is back shortly, however if it is a longer term injury then who would you upgrade.

I will be interested to see how long Jesse Lonergan is side lined with his broken hand. Hopefully he is back shortly, however if it is a longer term injury then who would you upgrade.

If its just a small fracture most likely 3-5

Article.
"Charlie reported a sore groin to our medical staff immediately following last week’s match against Fremantle.

"We sent him for scans during the week and the results indicated a strain to his adductor. At this early stage we anticipate that Charlie will miss at least two weeks," Ashcroft told goldcoastfc.com.au.

Injury update!

Bennell – Calf – 2 weeks

Boston – Ankle – indefinite

Lonergan – Hand - 2-3 weeks

Tape - Hamstring -1-2weeks

Leslie - Conditioning- 1-2 weeks

Gorringe - Achilles-1 week

Martin – Shoulder - indefinite

Smith - Knee – indefinite

Dixon – Adductor – 2-3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back