2014 injury thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Load being managed. Probably could have played this week if we really needed him to, but erring on the side of caution to get him through the rest of the year.
We have the depth now that we can rest the youngsters and eliminate the burnout we were having in past years while still putting a strong team on the park.

A great man once said... "That's not a bad thing, That's a GOOD thing"

20/5 update.

Nathan Bock - Leg - TBC

Clay Cameron - Shoulder - Test
Kade Kolodjashnij - Knee - Test
Sean Lemmens - Calf - Test

Jesse Lonergan - Hamstring - 1 week
Daniel Gorringe - Achilles - 5-6 weeks
Jack Martin - Shoulder - Indefinite
Tom Nicholls - Knee - Indefinite
Josh Hall - Shoulder - Indefinite
Andrew Boston - Ankle - Indefinite

Interesting with Bock. I'm under the impression that there is no new injury there, rather soreness from playing some back to back games. Be keen to see how that progresses.

Maybe GCFC Digital or GCFC Official can confirm.
Travis auld was on triple m before the st kilda game on the weekend a said nathan bock had pulled up extremely sore after his last neafl match and might need a few weeks rest.

Time definitely running out for Bock sadly, if he can't get through NEAFL game after all the rehab he has been through, a senior game is going to ruin him. I was getting so excited to get him back too after being out for so long :(

Last edited:
Any word on Jack Martin, is he doing any light training ?

Amazing to think he has to be added to this midfield and is regarded even better than Jaeger!

Any word on Jack Martin, is he doing any light training ?

Amazing to think he has to be added to this midfield and is regarded even better than Jaeger!

It depends which way you compare him to Jaeger as to whether or not you feel he is going to be better.

Jack seems like the kind of guy that can often make things happen will have a more impressive highlights reel, like a Harley Bennell

Jaeger is a workhorse. A midfielder who runs both ways and has shown that he will almost always give you what you expect and then some more.

Regardless, it is nice to have both. :)

On freakish talent, yes. Consistent ability to rack up touches and apply defensive pressure, probably not. I say probably because you just never doubt someone like Martin. He tackles and goes as hard as anyone. Certainly no vanilla outside player.

Think Harley Bennell with Rioli like agility and inside ball winning ability as well as freakish marking ability overhead. Jesus I cannot wait to have him out there.

Oh, and according to SUNS he is about 2-3 weeks away from a reserves hit out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On freakish talent, yes. Consistent ability to rack up touches and apply defensive pressure, probably not. I say probably because you just never doubt someone like Martin. He tackles and goes as hard as anyone. Certainly no vanilla outside player.

Think Harley Bennell with Rioli like agility and inside ball winning ability as well as freakish marking ability overhead. Jesus I cannot wait to have him out there.

Oh, and according to SUNS he is about 2-3 weeks away from a reserves hit out.

Only what I heard in Melb town from peoples. No reason not to believe it. Sounds about right :)

It sounds correct going off when they officially said about 4 weeks.

some pretty interesting stuff regards to rotations in this article. couldn't really find a relevant thread to put this in though.

www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-23/the-inquirer-on-high-rotations

we've had the equal lowest rotations in a match this year at 75, compared to our average of 108 per match. wonder which match this might have been. have a feeling it was one of our ones at home where i remember for a fair bit of one of the quarters the ball was on the opposite wing to the bench.

interestingly, we're averaging more interchanges in the first 2 quarters, compared to the last 2.
27.6 in Q1, 28.9 in Q2, 24.9 in Q3 & 24.6 in Q4. does this mean we're running out games better?

some pretty interesting stuff regards to rotations in this article. couldn't really find a relevant thread to put this in though.

www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-23/the-inquirer-on-high-rotations

we've had the equal lowest rotations in a match this year at 75, compared to our average of 108 per match. wonder which match this might have been. have a feeling it was one of our ones at home where i remember for a fair bit of one of the quarters the ball was on the opposite wing to the bench.

interestingly, we're averaging more interchanges in the first 2 quarters, compared to the last 2.
27.6 in Q1, 28.9 in Q2, 24.9 in Q3 & 24.6 in Q4. does this mean we're running out games better?

I think it was our first game. It may have been tigernova who presented his scientific argument stating that was the reason we won :p

Thompson no certainty this week. Will give him this week and see how his wrist is.

Lonergan to return in NEAFL. Boston has started running again.

June 3.

Harley Bennell - Corked Calf - Test
Danny Stanley - Shoulder - Test
Trent McKenzie - Shoulder - Test
Rory Thompson - Wrist - Test

Daniel Gorringe - Achilles - 3-4 weeks

Nathan Bock - Leg - Indefinite
Andrew Boston - Ankle - Indefinite
Josh Hall - Shoulder - Indefinite
Jack Martin - Shoulder - Indefinite
Tom Nicholls - Knee - Indefinite

Seb Tape - Hamstring - TBC