Injury 2014 Injury Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Otten. It was clear last year he had one lame leg and has since he had his knee reco. The latest setback does not sound good at all. Unfortunate because he is such an important player. When we've been murdered on the rebound the last 3 weeks, you could gaurntee he would of got in the way numerous occasions.

wasnt it his good knee that got the knock ??

One tidbit.

I saw Brad Crouch last week - maybe Wednesday or Thursday - and he was walking without any obvious discomfort/limp etc. Any medicos out there, is this normal 10 days after fracturing a fibula? Seemed strange to me.

I'm no doctor but a fractured fibula might be a blessing in disguise for Brad - he can now rest up that Achilles without the stress of the selectors forcing him to play when he was underdone

One tidbit.

I saw Brad Crouch last week - maybe Wednesday or Thursday - and he was walking without any obvious discomfort/limp etc. Any medicos out there, is this normal 10 days after fracturing a fibula? Seemed strange to me.

10 days is unusual, calcification around the break takes about 4 weeks. But the fracture may have been a hairline as opposed to clean break. I hope he is doing some form of aerobic activity to getting him ready for after the bye.

2 big games against the Blues and Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PlayerInjuryEstimated Return
Brad CrouchBroken leg 4 weeks
Ricky Henderson*Fibula3-4 months
Jack OsbornBack2-4 weeks
Andy OttenKnee1 week
Nathan van Berlo*Achilles3-5 months
Taylor WalkerKnee2-5 weeks
Updated: Tuesday, April 15
Broken space bar?

ADELAIDE

PLAYER NAME

NATURE OF INJURY

EXPECTED LENGTH OF INJURY

CROUCH, Brad

Broken Leg

4 weeks

HENDERSON, Ricky

Ankle

8 weeks

OSBORN, Jack

Back

TBA

OTTEN, Andy

Knee

1 week

VAN BERLO, Nathan

Achilles

10 weeks

WALKER, Taylor

Knee

1 week

One tidbit.

Saw him in the pub across the road from Etihad on Sunday b4 the game (no he wasn't drinking just was there with some mates).
Walked alright then. He was wearing Crows gear and trackies so didn't see any cast.
Looks fit and healthy.
Told him he needed to get his butt back ASAP.

Interesting that they have got VB and Hendo for 10 and 8 weeks respectively, thought it would be longer than that :confused:

Otten 1 week, probably 1 in the SANFL then back to the seniors and bye bye Radar ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back