2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely pre-meditated by the sound of things. Good news that he's recovering well though.

"Aidan is comfortable with the steps the club has taken around putting him on the long-term injury list," Mahoney said.

At this stage his likely return date is round three of the AFL season or round one for the VFL.

He would be most likely to return via Casey, which plays its first game on April 6.

Will be interesting to see if/which rookie is elevated out of Jetta, Georgiou, Harmes and King. I assume Riley will start off in the VFL for a while so perhaps up to a few months there for an elevated rookie to show what they have.

Yea this is no biggy this. From the sounds of things he's progressing well.

NAB cup form will probably have a fair say on who gets the upgrade opportunity. Georgiou has got to be a massive chance for the upgrade while Garland is on the sidelines at the moment. Looking forward to seeing Harmes in action as well. Hopefully its one of those two, seen enough of Nev for this lifetime.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/melbourne/news/2014-02-04/riley-placed-on-longterm-injury-list

MELBOURNE has placed recruit Aidan Riley on the long-term injury list as he recovers from the broken leg he suffered last year.

Riley, who played 12 games with Adelaide before joining Melbourne, is progressing well in his recovery but with his return date still 10 weeks away, the decision was made to put him on the long-term injury list.

The decision gives Melbourne the flexibility to elevate a rookie in the early part of the season if required.

Melbourne has four players on its rookie list - Neville Jetta, Alexis Georgiou, James Harmes and Max King.

Riley, 22, broke his leg against West Coast in round 15 last year. It was his second game of the season after playing five matches in both 2011 and 2012.

He required surgery on a fractured fibula and an injured ankle.

Demons football manager Josh Mahoney told AFL.com.au Riley was back running and due to resume full training in about a month.

He would therefore have four to six weeks of solid work before being available for selection.

Mahoney said the club had decided as soon as it recruited Riley to take a conservative approach with the midfielder, who joined the club as a delisted free agent.

Given Melbourne initially forecast a mid-season return for Riley, it is rapt with his progress.

"Aidan is comfortable with the steps the club has taken around putting him on the long-term injury list," Mahoney said.

At this stage his likely return date is round three of the AFL season or round one for the VFL.

He would be most likely to return via Casey, which plays its first game on April 6.

I suspect Alexis Georgiou will be elevated.

I read this earlier on facebook and had a chuckle and some of the comments regarding us targeting injured players and some stating it was just the beginning of another year of players sidelined with injury. I guess people don't read into it as much as us haha.

I personally hope James Harmes takes this opportunity with both hands and gets elevated. King is still a baby and i'd be suprised if Jetta gets another AFL game

Clarky just has to get through this period solidly - taking his time.

This period will set up the rest of his career, if he does it wrong he'll keep being injury prone.

Seems they were expecting Mitch to experience some setbacks like this, sounds like recovery is still going to plan

When you can't use your foot for over a year, you'd expect your hammies to be a bit tight after a few months of running. No worries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how clarks pre-season had been prior to this setback?

this is not a dreamteam question just interested in seeing him back out there as id played junior footy against him

Hogan out for around a month with back injury according to footy show.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah it makes no sense? Theres no update on the melbourne site and you would have thought that all scans related to injuries would have been completed prior to the naming of the team ..

All Barrett bashing aside he wouldnt run the story without some sort of knowledge but i just refuse to believe it right now

HE WAS NAMED IN THE SQUAD THIS MORNING FOR * SAKE!!

Bruising and possible stress fracture.

Well you don't need a scan for bruising so if there is truth to what Barrett said he'll probably miss this coming game and some contact training for the next couple of weeks regardless of the scan. Up to a month sucks but I'll wait until the Dees website confirms it.

344972047_giveup_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back