2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt we'll see hogan this year in the seniors.

Roos all year has made young players earn it.

Roos mantra is to give each youngster every chance to succeed and thats through the reserves getting fitness, form and be a one-touch player.

Have to go to Casey to see Hoges.

I doubt we'll see hogan this year in the seniors.

Roos all year has made young players earn it.

Roos mantra is to give each youngster every chance to succeed and thats through the reserves getting fitness, form and be a one-touch player.

Have to go to Casey to see Hoges.

JKH debuted early after doing the right thing on the training track
I can almost guarantee the message has come down from the PR department to get Hogan right for 1 game in Melbourne

JKH debuted early after doing the right thing on the training track
I can almost guarantee the message has come down from the PR department to get Hogan right for 1 game in Melbourne

I doubt Paul Roos, Glen Bartlett or Peter Jackson would do that, this is a different Melbourne Admin running things now.

He'll play if he's deemed fit after at least one hitout with Casey.

Can you imagine what will happen if we win our first game at etihad for years on hogans debut
Talk about saviour

Or our first game at Subi since.... God knows when.

I've been over here since 2007 and have never attended a win here :(.

Or our first game at Subi since.... God knows when.

I've been over here since 2007 and have never attended a win here :(.

Im gonna assume our last win over there was when Peter Vardy? Kicked a goal on the boundary to defeat the weagles probably back in 02/03

Im gonna assume our last win over there was when Peter Vardy? Kicked a goal on the boundary to defeat the weagles probably back in 02/03

Apparently round 11, 2004 against Freo. 93 to 62. Kicked 6 goals to zip in the last quarter to win it. Vardy kicked 4.

Bloody hell that's a long time ago.

Apparently round 11, 2004 against Freo. 93 to 62. Kicked 6 goals to zip in the last quarter to win it. Vardy kicked 4.

Bloody hell that's a long time ago.

I didnt even remember this but it shows how much we blew that era

Rd 18 2004 and we were 4 points clear at the top of the AFL ladder

When lose our next 4 H and A matches to finish 5th and take on the bombers in the elimination final
We also lose this game to end up finishing 8th for the season

What the * happened to us in 2004

Edit- Wow ive really forgotten alot

Rd 12 2005 we were second and we were still in the top 4 until round 15 before going out in the elimination final

Rd 21 2006 we were in 4th place and we ended up finishing 5th before being knocked out in a semi final

* that team should have achieved alot more than it did

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd forever call it Hogan Arena - which in turn might see Melbourne supporters actually turn up to games there!
I always find it funny that Melbourne supporters are singled out in the media for not turning up to the dome (always followed by a snow gag). I think our crowds there are excellent considering our members hate going there (mostly).

We got over 18k there against the lions (who have seemingly decent Victorian support - at least whenever we play at the G)

Saints v Freo got 16k
Saints v WCE got 17k
Bulldogs v us only managed 24k
North v Port got 19k
North v GC got 19.8k
Saints v Carlton only got 26k

That's when i stopped looking them up. I'd say for a side who hasn't won at Etihad since the iphone was invented (doesn't that seem like a long time ago), we punch way above our weight. Especially considering where we sit on the ladder compared to say, norf who, you know, play their home games there..

We were top of the ladder or close each year of 04/5/6 late in the season.

Is that right? Did we string together 3 good seasons in a row? I thought after we had a finals campaign it was prudent not to watch at all the following season as we'd always finish 12th or 13th.

I didnt even remember this but it shows how much we blew that era

Rd 18 2004 and we were 4 points clear at the top of the AFL ladder

When lose our next 4 H and A matches to finish 5th and take on the bombers in the elimination final
We also lose this game to end up finishing 8th for the season

What the **** happened to us in 2004

Edit- Wow ive really forgotten alot

Rd 12 2005 we were second and we were still in the top 4 until round 15 before going out in the elimination final

Rd 21 2006 we were in 4th place and we ended up finishing 5th before being knocked out in a semi final

**** that team should have achieved alot more than it did
2005 we went from 9-3 2nd on the ladder then we lost 7 in a row only to break the losing streak by beating Geelong in Geelong for the first time in 18 years, then a comeback from behind win against the doggies who were also fighting for a top 8 spot. (Aaron Davey's smother) and a win over the Dons which was close and Robbo's goal that had that leg break bounce. So we scraped into the 8 only to get thumped by Geelong in the elimination final and Jeff white had his face kicked in.

2005 we went from 9-3 2nd on the ladder then we lost 7 in a row only to break the losing streak by beating Geelong in Geelong for the first time in 18 years, then a comeback from behind win against the doggies who were also fighting for a top 8 spot. (Aaron Davey's smother) and a win over the Dons which was close and Robbo's goal that had that leg break bounce. So we scraped into the 8 only to get thumped by Geelong in the elimination final and Jeff white had his face kicked in.

Thats right, Jeff Whites goal on the siren against the dogs and then Danners screaming down the race with his arms in the air was one of the best memories of footy I have

We were nothing if entertaining in that era

Also this board deserves some serious recognition for the speed in which any post can be brought back to a jack watts bashing

Countdown clock set for Herald Sun journos to start trawling BigFooty for a "Melbourne fans have savagely turned on former number 1 pick Jack Watts" story.

Hogan won Casey BnF last year don't forget, so in a sense, he's already shown he can do it.

Will be really interesting to see if they want to him in the senior side in the last round or 2, but you can be pretty sure it won't be a marketing decision, either way.

Hogan won Casey BnF last year don't forget, so in a sense, he's already shown he can do it.

Will be really interesting to see if they want to him in the senior side in the last round or 2, but you can be pretty sure it won't be a marketing decision, either way.

Paul Johnson won the VFL brownlow equivalent

Just let that sink in

We were top of the ladder or close each year of 04/5/6 late in the season. Mentally soft team that got ahead of themselves as soon as they got on a bit of a run. Eh that's half true, we were super-Baileyball, not real contenders.
This is a bit unfair. We were a great tackling team. Cruelled a bit by injuries, and probably lacked the Judd/Goodes/Cousins/Goodwin all out star type to take us all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back