2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other words , we put too much on him in preseason and we ****** him for the year
Then we put him on a conservative stress fracture timetable while still not calling it a stress fracture. :) Don't care now just want to see the new saviour this season.

He's being upgraded to the Senior list today at the expense of Georgiou. And he's playing on Sunday for Casey. So all signs are pointing toward a 2014 debut by the looks of it. Or at least to me, it certainly seems so! :D GET EXCITED!

Then we put him on a conservative stress fracture timetable while still not calling it a stress fracture. :) Don't care now just want to see the new saviour this season.

It's Amazing we have survived this long without seeing him
Including his VFL it's been basically a 2 year tease

No need to downgrade Mr Bean yet....UNLESS WE ARE GOING TO SNEAK HIM INTO THE TEAM THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd almost do it given that we are playing GWS, their players aren't that physically mature and let's face it Casey are barely getting their hands on the footy.

We can always sub him off later on in the game if need be.

I'd almost do it given that we are playing GWS, their players aren't that physically mature and let's face it Casey are barely getting their hands on the footy.

We can always sub him off later on in the game if need be.
Hell yeah, we got Dawes into the team when he wasn't near match fit. He's spent last season earning his spot in the team, unleash the Hulk! He'd get a hell of an ovation on the G.

Nearly killed Phil Davis.

You hit the spot and it can do anything.

It punctured his kidney.. thus causing internal bleeding

"A stress fracture is an overuse injury. It occurs when muscles become fatigued and are unable to absorb added shock. Eventually, the fatigued muscle transfers the overload of stress to the bone causing a tiny crack called a stress fracture.

Stress fractures often are the result of increasing the amount or intensity of an activity too rapidly. They also can be caused by the impact of an unfamiliar surface (a runner who has switched surfaces from grass to concrete); improper equipment (a runner using too rigid or too flexible shoes); and increased physical stress (a player who has had a substantial increase in playing time)."

Its not an impact injury

More likely they found it when doing scans on his back for the knee

It punctured his kidney.. thus causing internal bleeding

"A stress fracture is an overuse injury. It occurs when muscles become fatigued and are unable to absorb added shock. Eventually, the fatigued muscle transfers the overload of stress to the bone causing a tiny crack called a stress fracture.

Stress fractures often are the result of increasing the amount or intensity of an activity too rapidly. They also can be caused by the impact of an unfamiliar surface (a runner who has switched surfaces from grass to concrete); improper equipment (a runner using too rigid or too flexible shoes); and increased physical stress (a player who has had a substantial increase in playing time)."

Its not an impact injury

More likely they found it when doing scans on his back for the knee
As an 18 year old kid lugging around his body, the knee to the right part of his back may have set it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess a knee to the spot could have inflamed a developing stress fracture. Andrew Bogut had a stress fracture in his back that was misdiagnosed as just being a sore back from taking a charge. In any case he isn't in a sport where the regular routine leads to this injury so it's likely just a s**t happens kind of thing that happens to some athletes while they are building bone strength.

No need to downgrade Mr Bean yet....UNLESS WE ARE GOING TO SNEAK HIM INTO THE TEAM THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we do need to push Mr Bean back to the Rookie list in order for Hogan to play reserves. That's my understanding of the LTI anyway.

I wish it was for a sneaky debut! :rainbow::footy::rainbow:

I think we do need to push Mr Bean back to the Rookie list in order for Hogan to play reserves. That's my understanding of the LTI anyway.

I wish it was for a sneaky debut! :rainbow::footy::rainbow:

Yeah because Hogan needs to be back on the Primary list or else he is still on the LTI

Can you imagine what will happen if we win our first game at etihad for years on hogans debut
Talk about saviour
And he kicks his tenth goal after the siren. Plus he's so good he makes everyone else a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back