2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell does that go unnoticed for 18 months would be my first question
Did they just expect it to go away eventually? Bizarre. Whoever rushed him back underdone early in 2013 needs to take a good hard look. Was a terrible idea, not just for his foot (in hindsight) but for his form and confidence over all.

Did they just expect it to go away eventually? Bizarre. Whoever rushed him back underdone early in 2013 needs to take a good hard look. Was a terrible idea, not just for his foot (in hindsight) but for his form and confidence over all.
It was clearly miss-diagnosed in the first place , wasnt it? Im a little confused right now, how could trenners know about it but have nothing done

I'm more worried that Trengove didn't report it. I have no idea how these work, but maybe he thought he could push past it.

But surely he would have had it looked at at some stage last year, even after the season was finished, its really strange

It was clearly miss-diagnosed in the first place , wasnt it? Im a little confused right now, how could trenners know about it but have nothing done

But surely he would have had it looked at at some stage last year, even after the season was finished, its really strange

Yeah you'd think so hey. Maybe it wasn't as bad before, like a niggle but nothing this serious. For a while too he'd be feeling heaps of pressure as the captain to come out and play each week, especially when the team was struggling.

I'm speculating btw, I haven't actually watched/read what TPM quoted.

Yeah you'd think so hey. Maybe it wasn't as bad before, like a niggle but nothing this serious. For a while too he'd be feeling heaps of pressure as the captain to come out and play each week, especially when the team was struggling.

I'm speculating btw, I haven't actually watched/read what TPM quoted.

I just heard a snippet of his press conference where he said that he was relieved to know why he had been struggling since 2012, what I dont understand is thats basically admitting he has been carrying the injury since then so how does that not get noticed in an Elite environment

Strange strange situation

I just heard a snippet of his press conference where he said that he was relieved to know why he had been struggling since 2012, what I dont understand is thats basically admitting he has been carrying the injury since then so how does that not get noticed in an Elite environment

Strange strange situation
You know it is possible the cream he was using early last year didn't fix his foot,just masked the pain. Either way its good to know why he has been so slow on the park (by his standards) and hopefully he will bounce back next season and become the player we all want him to be.

You know it is possible the cream he was using early last year didn't fix his foot,just masked the pain. Either way its good to know why he has been so slow on the park (by his standards) and hopefully he will bounce back next season and become the player we all want him to be.

It was never proved he used the cream, just that it was suggested, however if he had used the cream that proves they knew of a problem last year that wasnt properly diagnosed

It was never proved he used the cream, just that it was suggested, however if he had used the cream that proves they knew of a problem last year that wasnt properly diagnosed
It is also possible that they though it was healed only for it to reappear this year . I don't know.

How the hell does that go unnoticed for 18 months would be my first question

It wasn't unnoticed ... Trenners knew he was playing with it the whole time! It was just in a stage where it couldn't be operated on, realistically he should have sat out a couple of months to rest it, that's what most stress injuries need anyway!

It wasn't unnoticed ... Trenners knew he was playing with it the whole time! It was just in a stage where it couldn't be operated on, realistically he should have sat out a couple of months to rest it, that's what most stress injuries need anyway!

Although didnt he rest the whole 2012 pre season for this injury? Should it have been operated on back then ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something just occured to me, Trenners smiled when he talked about his injury saying that he was relieved to find out it was injury and not his body failing.
He must have been seriously doubting his career at stages and wondering if he had anything left to offer at AFL level , now he has had a weight lifted off his shoulders knowing he can be fixed, Im surprised they didnt test and scan him from head to toe to find out why he wasnt 100 percent right

Lol it's amazing what you guys can extrapolate from a few sentences. Last 30 posts is some serious tinfoil hat business.

You guys have medical degrees?

Lol it's amazing what you guys can extrapolate from a few sentences. Last 30 posts is some serious tinfoil hat business.

No but the guys who do took 15 months to properly diagnose an injury that was obvious ( in its effects ) on trenners

I've been to the physio enough times for various different injuries to think of myself as having one...

Does that count?

Andrew Daff who was our club doctor for ages quit in 2011 because of Misson's interference which led us to hiring that Bates clown.
Andrew Daff was not prepared to answer to the sports scientists. He believed in the welfare of the players. And club doctors tend to be almost honorary positions so it was not self interest.
Trengove was in a moonboot for most of the 2012 pre-season.

Dank and Bates are recorded as discussing his navicular in 2012
The first player mentioned is Demons captain Jack Trengove, who at the time had suffered a navicular bone stress fracture.

Bates to Dank:

"Sorry you still up? Trengove is not going to Darwin so I don't need the thymomodulin for tomorrow."

Dank to Bates:

"Should we consider AOD cream for Jack Trengove's navicular?"

Bates to Dank:

"Yep. ...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-18/text-messages-reveal-danks-demons-involvement/4637954

Andrew Daff was not prepared to answer to the sports scientists. He believed in the welfare of the players. And club doctors tend to be almost honorary positions so it was not self interest.
Trengove was in a moonboot for most of the 2012 pre-season.
Yep, Misson belongs to the Schwab/Connelly/Neeld era. Needs to GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back