2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chance to reinvigorate physically and mentally is just what the doctor ordered.

Let him go over to the CG to see his sister and then when he gets back get him in the coaches box to absorb everything first hand and build the competitive juices back up for pre-season.
Once his foot is alright he'd do well for some marathon running and endurance work with Jess too...

I think it was just a one weeker? Thats what im hoping anyway I like the side more when he is in it

I loved what Kent brought to the table last week, bit of a bugger he is missing this week. Do you think Jetta will play half back flank per his VFL role, or will he play as a defensive forward with the primary mission of tackle harass tackle?

I loved what Kent brought to the table last week, bit of a bugger he is missing this week. Do you think Jetta will play half back flank per his VFL role, or will he play as a defensive forward with the primary mission of tackle harass tackle?

Well Kent came out of the forward line, and Jetta came in, so If so facto he goes forward?
It depends whether Dunn goes forward or not again, If Dunn goes back then Jetts is definitely playing forward and will tackle harrass and try and snag a few like Kent was doing, However this is a very hard position to impress aesthetically and I can see people calling for his head reguardless of how he goes, If he goes back he will rack them up and people will be impressed

Well Kent came out of the forward line, and Jetta came in, so If so facto he goes forward?
It depends whether Dunn goes forward or not again, If Dunn goes back then Jetts is definitely playing forward and will tackle harrass and try and snag a few like Kent was doing, However this is a very hard position to impress aesthetically and I can see people calling for his head reguardless of how he goes, If he goes back he will rack them up and people will be impressed

I reckon Dunn will play forward again, I wonder if Jetta will go back and perhaps Terlich will be brought further up the ground, not a forward, but perhaps wing or mid? Actually now I'm just thinking Jetta will be the sub...

I reckon Dunn will play forward again, I wonder if Jetta will go back and perhaps Terlich will be brought further up the ground, not a forward, but perhaps wing or mid? Actually now I'm just thinking Jetta will be the sub...

Is jetta the right player to be sub? Not to sure I think he is a defensive minded player first and you need someone who will come on and kick some goals and get some uncontested stuff not really a guy to come on a have 8 tackles and get 3 contested possies

Is jetta the right player to be sub? Not to sure I think he is a defensive minded player first and you need someone who will come on and kick some goals and get some uncontested stuff not really a guy to come on a have 8 tackles and get 3 contested possies
Depends on where the game is at. If we're in front having him shut someone down would be handy; though that is unlikely and having a goalkicker come on would probably be just as handy in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting concerning there's no proper estimated time of return. I really hope we get a few games into him this year.

I have a feeling that it is going to be 4 weeks from the day he is 100% cleared of the back injury and that day still hasnt come yet, of course hopefully he does a Dawes and is all of a sudden cleared to play

Considering the Trengove situation, I would not be surprised if we don't see him (Hogan) this yeah. MFC will not want to risk it, especially since Dawes and Frawley are doing ok. Just Need Garland back in defense. What is the go with Col?

Melbourne injury list: round six

Dom Barry (calf) – test
Jack Fitzpatrick (ill) – available
Jesse Hogan (back) – 4 weeks
Dean Kent (calf) – 1 week
Viv Michie (jaw) – 2 weeks
Luke Tapscott (hamstring) – available
Jack Trengove (foot) – season

I know Mitch is Gawn but in all honesty (and all MSDS aside, obviously) we would have taken that list at round 6 in pretty much any of the last 8 or 9 years. Barring any catastrophes, which now means it will happen, next week there will only be three players on that list, with one due back the week after.

Let's not forget Hogan hasn't played a game of AFL yet, and he's been around MFC for the best part of 2 or 3 years. High probability of Melbourneitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back