2014 Injury Updates - Gawn avoids ACL rupture

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to come across as ****** or anything but is anyone else relieved? I think it's been clear that something has been troubling the bloke. Now he can make a proper recovery and hopefully return to his best, which we know is good.

I know he's a pick 2 and we've had a bad run with injuries but Jack he been so good to this club and for once we have decent cover for him, so let's hope he can come back better than ever next year.

If I am wrong and the injury wasn't pre existing before his games at Casey then my apologies.
The time off will do him good, so will the absence of scrutiny.

Good luck JT.

The word "navicular" still sends a shudder through all Essendon supporters. No doubt the same with Geelong. Ended Egan's career and came close to ending Hird's. For god's sake Jack, just take your time and get it right.
moist navicular

How'd that make you feel?

The word "navicular" still sends a shudder through all Essendon supporters. No doubt the same with Geelong. Ended Egan's career and came close to ending Hird's. For god's sake Jack, just take your time and get it right.

We've had two current players get past it and play their best footy for the club (Garland and Grimes), if he follows their approach he should be okay I'd hope!

Better players than Jack have missed a season and gone on to be stars. Hopefully this turns out for the best - let him sit out the year and come back as fit and strong as he was in his first two seasons and ready to capitalise on his still-obvious talent.

"Melbourne players Jack Grimes and Colin Garland have suffered the same injury and both made full recoveries, giving Melbourne a framework for Trengove's rehabilitation."

He at least has some guys to draw inspiration from, and also just chat to about the recovery process. So that's good.

He's faced way too many professional hurdles for someone of his age. Hopefully he can come back better than ever, and have a long and successful career (he's only 22). Injuries have really held him back, and considering this, some of our supporters have been way too harsh on him.

He gets a full pre-season which is the most important thing.

Get well soon Jack, you're a champion of a bloke.

Last edited:
You probably know, but this is the Melbourne Podiatry Clinic info page on a Navicular Stress Fracture http://melbournepodiatryclinic.net.au/what-is-a-navicular-stress-fracture/
Interesting read, got a bit doom and gloomy at the end. I've had problems with the top of both of my feet throughout my not so illustrious local footy career, and was interested to read that having a longer 2nd toe than 1st toe has been suggested as a contributing factor to navicular injuries. I have strangely long 2nd toes so piqued my interest.

Hope they get it right and Trenners gets back to his best

I think there might be a silver lining - this could give him the real mental break from footy he might need (and Roosy even suggested that when he dropped him to the VFL to 'enjoy his footy').

Hopefully we get him involved in some stuff up in the coaches box as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear there are some creams he could get to aid the recovery.... :p

Seriously, I'm firmly in the camp that this is a longer term injury that has finally tipped him out and the opportunity to heal it properly will be a relief for all concerned. Will come back stronger and faster for the focus.

If this is the issue that has been holding him back for the last 24 months, then there is a huge silver lining with this news.

If its not, then this is just plain horrendous news.

I would be mightily surprised if he has had a foot injury for the last two years. It would have been picked up long ago. I reckon his lack of speed has been to do with OP or something like that.

I think there might be a silver lining - this could give him the real mental break from footy he might need (and Roosy even suggested that when he dropped him to the VFL to 'enjoy his footy').

Hopefully we get him involved in some stuff up in the coaches box as well.

Agree with this, hopefully the mental and physical break is good for him. A whole season off - and in a moon boot - is far from ideal but if hope he can relocate that spark and a bit of speed after stepping back for a few months.

Interesting read, got a bit doom and gloomy at the end. I've had problems with the top of both of my feet throughout my not so illustrious local footy career, and was interested to read that having a longer 2nd toe than 1st toe has been suggested as a contributing factor to navicular injuries. I have strangely long 2nd toes so piqued my interest.

Hope they get it right and Trenners gets back to his best

toes.jpg

Greek or Celtic background?

Truth be be told, i said Oh Well' and shrugged my shoulders when i heard the Trengove news.

5 years on and im saying 'oh well' when our number 2 pick is out all year and possibly his career over. Sad, sad stuff, the turn of events since we drafted him, the injury and me not caring about his injury.

I really hope he's not another Matt Egan for you guys... :(

Mitch Clark was already our Matthew Egan, what happens when your club gets this injury twice in a year? meh, water off a ducks back down here at Melbourne, if we didnt have bad news we wouldnt have any.

I would be mightily surprised if he has had a foot injury for the last two years. It would have been picked up long ago. I reckon his lack of speed has been to do with OP or something like that.
Misson confirmed that it existed in 2012 on the club website
ELITE performance manager Dave Misson says he has “every confidence” midfielder Jack Trengove can bounce back from another serious foot injury.

Trengove, who suffered a foot stress fracture in December 2012 and missed the second half of the pre-season and the opening round last year, will now miss the rest of the 2014 season with a cracked navicular injury.

Misson said Trengove was “pretty shattered” after he found out his news, following Sunday’s loss to Geelong, while playing for Casey in the VFL.

“It’s really terrible news. Trenners went and had a scan last night on his navicular bone on his left foot. He reported some soreness after the game on Sunday, down at Casey. The scans showed that he had a crack in his navicular, which will need to be surgically repaired. That will happen tomorrow (Wednesday),” he told Dee TV.

“The expectation is that he’ll miss the rest of the season, which is terrible news and it’s something he had a problem with back in Christmas 2012.

“He rehabbed pretty well in the pre-season last year and got back to play most of the season last season, but it’s just terrible news for Trenners, but we’ve got every confidence he’s going to bounce back.”

Misson said it was “terrible news” Trengove was set to miss the rest of the season, after a positive lead-up to 2014.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/misson-confident-trengove-can-bounce-back

Explains why he has looked like he is running through quicksand for the last 25 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back