Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Fixture (with the emphasis on 'fixt') is up.

Our schedule:
1 - 29/3 - Sydney @ Coorparoo - 1.30
2 - 5/4 - Gold Coast @ Metricon - 11.50
3 - 12/4 - Redland @ Redland - 1.30
4 - 19/4 - Aspley @ Aspley - 1.30
5 - 25/4 - Sydney @ Mackay - 2.15
6 - BYE
7 - 10/5 - Southport @ Southport - 11.00
8 - 17/5 - NT @ Darwin - 7.00
9 - BYE
10 - 31/5 - Gold Coast @ Burpengary - 11.00
11 - 7/6 - Redland @ Coorparoo - 1.30
12 - 14/6 - UWS @ Coorparoo - 1.30
13 - 28/6 - Aspley @ Burpengary - 1.30
14 - 5/7 - UWS @ GWS - 10.30
15 - 12/7 - NT @ Coorparoo - 1.30
16 - BYE
17 - 26/7 - Gold Coast @ Coorparoo - 12.00
18 - 1/8 - Sydney @ Sydney - 4.10
19 - 10/8 - Southport @ Coorparoo - 4.00
20 - 16/8 - Gold Coast @ Metricon - 10.20
21 - 23/8 - UWS @ GWS - 1.00

So, Burpengary. Looks like you might miss a couple of games Rip.
chopperduck and I may need to consider whether you can have a day pass to this side of town.;)

TWO Burpengarys, an Aspley and Mackay's somewhere just past Strathpine, innit? I'm sure my social standing will survive as long as I keep the river crossings secret. :confused:

TWO Burpengarys, an Aspley and Mackay's somewhere just past Strathpine, innit? I'm sure my social standing will survive as long as I keep the river crossings secret. :confused:

I spent years in Mackay, so yeah, I'll count that as northside. I believe James North appropriately too, is from the nicer side of town but closer to the city. He will monitor your behaviour on the drive out here.
Wear something nice and don't start any trouble and you might be allowed back for the Burpengary games. The trick is to try and blend in. Do you like Bundy Rum in a can and ACDC?

I figure if you try to stick to the gateway it doesn't really count as northside given its a road that takes less than 500 turns so it doesn't really fit in anyway

Fixture needs more CtD home games at Southport. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe James North appropriately too, is from the nicer side of town but closer to the city. He will monitor your behaviour on the drive out here.

Wherever I am is the nice side of town. Paddo formerly of New Farm is the truth ... not sure how that places me in this xenophobic discussion? Who should I be chastising?

I can tell you that on a relaxing whim to go watch the Ressies I will probably only go to Coops or Yeronga .... But spreading the game to other places is a great idea I think.

I actually wondered recently whether any of the folk I've chatted to at these games over the last few years are on here.

If so, man some of you are opinionated ... especially about how great Patty K is and why he isn't in the 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burpengary is not too bad for me as my parents have removed to the retirement village that is Bribie Island and it gives me more of an excuse to head in that direction to visit them. Yes, I am a terrible son, but have 4 sisters picking up the slack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, New Farm - south of the city but on the northside. Probably the most obsolete name for a suburb going around.

Technically not right. The centroid of the locality polygon for New Farm is at a lower latitude than that for Brisbane City.

Geo-nerd out.

Where you gonna move to when Paddo becomes "The Hillz"?:p

There is definitely something strange going on here. Some kind of elevation related nickname is inevitable I feel.

At least Paddo doesn't have its own magazine (that's where NF's nickname came from - its own magazine!).

Burpengary is not too bad for me as my parents have removed to the retirement village that is Bribie Island and it gives me more of an excuse to head in that direction to visit them. Yes, I am a terrible son, but have 4 sisters picking up the slack.

Careful, Ceebee may hear you.

That is absolutely nothing on what I did.

I sabotaged a prospective list of nursing homes when my mother-in-law was needing to be admitted into one as there one on the list in Hawthorne Street, Woolloongabba. I told Mrs CtD that Ihad checked it out and it looked nice.

All I saw was free parking for home games.

Karma caught up with me. We missed out on that and now she is in a nursing home on the Gold Coast.... Not even close to Metricon for parking there...:p

What would the Lions be paying for the 2014 NEAFL flag if such a market existed ?
I'd have the Suns as favourites. They are building depth now - guys like Sexton, Schade, Cameron etc are quality and have now had time in the system. They will be supplemented with some experienced types like Warnock, Murphy who might be squeezed out of the senior 22 but will be too good for the NEAFL. Once Smith is back on deck, they will have an AFL quality ruckman in their side too.

We've replaced a bunch of 2nd/3rd year players mainly with 1st year types. Where we should have an advantage is in the KPP roles due to the fact that guys like West, Lisle, Martin, Close, Michael, McGuane, Maguire etc will physically monster local opponents if they don't get games in the ones. Having said that, we'll be thereabouts for a three-peat.

Sydney has lost a lot of depth. However, they still won their conference last year on the back of a poor injury run so you can't write them off.

GWS will be similar to the Suns last year IMO - competitive but not top notch.

And I can't see any of the local clubs doing anything once the finals start, even though they've tried to pick the eyes out of clubs like Morningside and Broadbeach who aren't in the top league.

NT might be interesting if they can get some recent former AFL players involved - Brennan, Davey etc. I see Xav Clarke is coaching them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back