2nds 2014 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Footy Live site

AFL - Footy Live on the App Store on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/afl-footy-live/id306930083?mt=8

May 14, 2014 - Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about AFL - Footy Live on the App Store. Download AFL - Footy Live and ...

SANFL is live. I have seen NEAFL but not sure how quickly they update the scores etc thru the day. Results and stats are up now. This is the best way I know to get the link to the app.

For those who have been "pumping up" Harris Andrew's tyres.....he showed a bit today.
Looking forward to seeing more of him in the Reserves between now and seasons end.

(Of course, I'm only basing my thoughts on the equivalent of 1/2 a game.....as these geriatric eyes cannot see much of the "far" end of the ground from the ridiculous spot we are assigned for these curtain-raisers...........ground level behind the Western Goal Posts).

Player|Goals|Behinds|Disposals|Kicks|Handballs|Marks|Tackles|Hitouts|DreamTeam
\O'Brien|1|0|33|20|13|9|10|0|151
\Crisp|2|0|26|18|8|5|4|3|119
\Robertson|1|0|31|18|13|9|3|0|119
\Paine|5|3|16|11|5|8|0|0|97
\Lisle|4|1|16|13|3|7|0|0|92
\Hayes|0|0|19|10|9|9|3|0|85
\Conway|0|0|17|14|3|7|1|0|71
\Polkinghorne|0|2|17|11|6|3|4|0|70
\Yusia Marcic|1|0|13|10|3|7|2|4|69
\Michael|0|0|9|1|8|1|1|36|54
\Freeman|2|2|7|7|0|4|0|0|49
\Rayner|0|1|12|10|2|4|0|0|47
\Cameron-Reeves|0|0|13|8||2|2|0|46
\Bourke|0|0|10|7|3|3|2|0|45
\Raines|0|0|14|6|8|4|0|0|43
\Bertoli-Simmonds|0|0|8|3|5|4|1|0|32
\Stevenson|0|0|6|4|2|3|1|0|26
\Henderson|0|0|5|5|0|1|1|0|23
\Watson|0|0|5|2|3|1|1|0|19
\Jackson|0|0|6|3|3|1|1|0|19
\Hammelman|0|0|4|3|1|1|1|0|16
\James|0|0|6|3|3|1|0|0|15

Really good game (I was expecting a flogging). Couldn't see most of the last quarter because of Brad Johnson & Vossy standing in front of me. That's okay, I just spent 20 minutes staring at the great man as it sunk in what the gabba was missing.:(

Really good to hear vossy still taking a keen interest in the club

I've been a reserves follower for many years, not so much for the results but to see the young potentials develop. I always went to the Gabba early to watch them and was pleased when they started that up again (what happened to the "can't have a curtain raiser at the Gabba because it damages the playing surface" excuse) I arrived at the Gabba with a few friends telling them how good it was and was very disappointed to find we were herded into the naughty corner with a worse view than at any other NEAFL ground, so I told my friends we will just have a beer and talk footy only to find out there were no bars open. I didn't go to the second reserves game at the Gabba and I won't again unless things improve.

I've been a reserves follower for many years, not so much for the results but to see the young potentials develop. I always went to the Gabba early to watch them and was pleased when they started that up again (what happened to the "can't have a curtain raiser at the Gabba because it damages the playing surface" excuse) I arrived at the Gabba with a few friends telling them how good it was and was very disappointed to find we were herded into the naughty corner with a worse view than at any other NEAFL ground, so I told my friends we will just have a beer and talk footy only to find out there were no bars open. I didn't go to the second reserves game at the Gabba and I won't again unless things improve.

Some good feedback that I reckon the club needs to hear. Didn't realise there's no bars open. Both of your points probably come back to staffing levels, but even so I'd contact the club about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the best part of the old Gabba curtain raisers was being able to sit where you want. Not crammed up into one cold, pocket out of the sun. I pay 500 a year for my centre wing seat, once the gates are opened, I should be entitled to sit in it.

Let us sit where we want. I couldn't care about catering. I will walk 5 minutes to get watered down overpriced beer if necessary.

if the club is like any other corporate it would monitor its chat rooms, or is that another club failing?

These fora don't belong to the Lions though. And if I were them I wouldn't want to wade throughout the interminable dross that litters these threads. Not sure about this year, but in the past we've become aware that they tar every poster on BigFooty with a broad brush and discount pretty much everything that is written on here as irrational rantings.

A quick email or phone call is the recommended method of communication.

I was critical of Hayes vs NT earlier in the year when he got schooled by Dunne who kick 5 and had 25 touches. He was obviously given the job again and responded, keeping him to 1 goal and 7 touches this time. Credit where its due, well done to the young fella.

As named By Mr Ripper, "Metripong" is as unwelcoming to watchers of the ressies as apparently the GABBA is now. Nothing open until the last quarter and that was when we played the warm up to the Pies vs Suns game last year ? I think it was or the year before. Obviously they don't expect ressies watchers to get hungry or thirsty. Hmmm that sounds like an adv on the telly.

I did make my feelings known to day staff at the ground.

Just having a look at the updated numbers from last weekend.

ZOB mighty impressive with 36 disposals 23 of which were contested. 11 clearances and 11 tackles.

Pretty fair game that.
Could make a difference to our recovery if O'Brien or Hayes turn out to be senior standard footballers. I reckon we're one midfielder short right now and one of these guys injecting themselves into genuine senior contention by year's end will be a massive bonus.

Would love to see Zob in against the suns but it'll be tough culling really...Paps I suspect will be rested after playing Sub, with Rockliff swapping with him. Golby played well enough to stick around. Maybe McStay will get a rest and swap Zob in for him?

The suns are one team I don't mind having a few taller options down back so I'd leave mcstay in personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back