List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that GWS match took a bit of heat off Mark Neeld, well quarter rather. I mean if we won by a few goals he still may of copped the heat but the fact it was record breaking really came in handy. I unfortunately couldn't make it but I rate it as one of the best games in the current horrible era. The best is still the freo game in 08.

The GWS game was dumb because it took us until the last quarter to actually have a crack. I don't care if it was a record breaking quarter, the flog Barrett was actually right, we came out of that game looking worse than we went in.

The GWS was a bizarre experience for sure. I don't know if I'd rate it as an enjoyable game. I just remember coming away in a state of disbelief. I was relieved we won, but to do it like that...
and then not be able to do that ever again.... :mad:

That GWS game is one of the least enjoyable I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of unenjoyable games.
I think for me the fact that at 3/4 time I was really gutted. I remember checking my phone for last quarter updates and as the lead got bigger and bigger that feeling of relief from what looked like to be an ugly loss. I think that's why I rate it. But I understand the other point of view that we never should of been in that position.

I think for me the fact that at 3/4 time I was really gutted. I remember checking my phone for last quarter updates and as the lead got bigger and bigger that feeling of relief from what looked like to be an ugly loss. I think that's why I rate it. But I understand the other point of view that we never should of been in that position.

Yeah I'm on the other side

Was a shocking day

The only good part for me was it was the first game I took my daughters to and they loved that we won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was annoyed with that GWS win, not because I wanted GWS to win but because i wanted Neeld the hell out of Melbourne and that a win would mean delaying the inevitable.

Unbelievable. Divine intervention if I ever saw it.

I was annoyed with that GWS win, not because I wanted GWS to win but because i wanted Neeld the hell out of Melbourne and that a win would mean delaying the inevitable.

It was indeed like some sort of scripted WWE event. In fact I'm not entirely convinced that the AFL isn't 'written' each season. MFC = George Costanza

Anyone else hold on to the hope that now we have Laboomboom we'll see Howe have the freedom to play forward/wing and go back to taking hangers and kicking goals. I've been watching replays on Fox lately and he seems lacking the courage to jump at ones he'd gobble a year or two ago.

Anyone else hold on to the hope that now we have Laboomboom we'll see Howe have the freedom to play forward/wing and go back to taking hangers and kicking goals. I've been watching replays on Fox lately and he seems lacking the courage to jump at ones he'd gobble a year or two ago.
I thought he used his leap quite well in the backline this year... But as you say, he would have been told to temper it a bit compared to being able to jump at anything in the forward half.

I thought he used his leap quite well in the backline this year... But as you say, he would have been told to temper it a bit compared to being able to jump at anything in the forward half.

I'm not saying he was poor this year, he was actually one of our best for the whole season. I just prefer to watch him play as an exciting attacking high half fwd. Like 2010 Dale Thomas, but one who can tackle.

I think he mouthed at 3 quarter time whilst running back to the box "I think I'm done"

Howe said in his recent interview on MFC website he wasn't going for as many, cause if he missed them, the opp were in goal kicking territory

I'm not saying he was poor this year, he was actually one of our best for the whole season. I just prefer to watch him play as an exciting attacking high half fwd. Like 2010 Dale Thomas, but one who can tackle.
Dale Thomas is a great tackler.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back