NRL 2014 Melbourne Storm discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying that at all. If even the biased Sydney commentators say it was a try thats saying something because we know how much they hate Melbourne Storm.

Lol. Rabbits was full on barracking for the Storm.

Lol. Rabbits was full on barracking for the Storm.
I was at the game so didn't listen to it, but that is a change from most of the storm games I watch. Does he/they have issues with the doggies?

I do get a little sick of the bias that most league commentators have. Very few seem to be neutral for any game

I was at the game so didn't listen to it, but that is a change from most of the storm games I watch. Does he/they have issues with the doggies?

I do get a little sick of the bias that most league commentators have. Very few seem to be neutral for any game

Canterbury are a bit like Essendon in the AFL. Opposition supporters have two teams. Their team, and any team playing the Bulldogs.

Canterbury are a bit like Essendon in the AFL. Opposition supporters have two teams. Their team, and any team playing the Bulldogs.

I found it refreshing that I was watching a game with commentators showing support.

Not sure what they would have been saying if we were the team on top though.

Historically it was the case, but lately, not so much.

People have developed hatred for all sorts of clubs based on reasons other than traditional rivalries. Some more than others.

Bulldogs copped heaps (fairly) a few years back because of some moronic leb supporters in the crowd that picked fights and it was highlighted everytime it happened.

They then pushed heavily to rid themselves of those morons and become a family club. They don't have near the hate shown towards Manly.

1016484_10153291355012571_2482166361996273466_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxwell joins the Storm

Link

RETIRED Collingwood premiership captain Nick Maxwell’s first job out of football will be in the NRL at Melbourne Storm.

In a surprise move, the Herald Sun can reveal the highly sought-after Maxwell has joined Storm as leadership development coach.

The move comes just months after Magpies boss Gary Pert boldly stated Maxwell had the potential to rise to the top of an AFL club and thrive in the chief executive’s chair.

There is always talk on the AFL boards about the assistance the Sydney Swans receive from the AFL, do the Storm get any allowances not afforded to other clubs because they are in a non rugby state?

There is always talk on the AFL boards about the assistance the Sydney Swans receive from the AFL, do the Storm get any allowances not afforded to other clubs because they are in a non rugby state?
Nup. NRL doesn't have vision

Thankfully, no.

What they should've done is, give greater assistance at the grass roots level.

Thankfully, no.

What they should've done is, give greater assistance at the grass roots level.
Do the Storm themselves put any effort in in this area? If so, do they have priority access to these juniors when it comes to signing them or is it just a case of they might know their abilities?
I Assume that the NRL teams don't have the national scouting budgets that the AFL clubs do.

Do the Storm themselves put any effort in in this area? If so, do they have priority access to these juniors when it comes to signing them or is it just a case of they might know their abilities?

They've got better at it with more support. Every player is open to approaches from all clubs and could be a reason why we may only ever see 1 or 2 local players in the side, but there could be another 20-30 in other teams.

I Assume that the NRL teams don't have the national scouting budgets that the AFL clubs do.

There's probably not the need for it, although I'm sure scouts will be everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back