2014 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47,557

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
Still waiting for my membership pack
Having been a "long distance member" for over 10 years I've found the membership pack is slow to arrive. My son is a Bulldogs member and always receives his pack before I do. This year the Carlton 2014 Season Guide book and fixture fridge magnet didn't arrive until Round 2. Not good enough!

matt decat

Team Captain
Jan 8, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Having been a "long distance member" for over 10 years I've found the membership pack is slow to arrive. My son is a Bulldogs member and always receives his pack before I do. This year the Carlton 2014 Season Guide book and fixture fridge magnet didn't arrive until Round 2. Not good enough!

Its much easier to get membership packs out on time when your club only has 5 members.

harmesy 37

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2005
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nothing
It's hard to justify signing up for 1 game as a WA supporter.

Footy is a luxury.

Quite a few closet Carlton supporters out there as well. Carlton don't really demand too much respect anymore.

Btw where are our membership tv ad's? Carlton's 150th and no ads on fox footy trying to capitalize on that?

Hawks have their ad on during every ad break.

Good points. Maybe they should offer a 2 game membership pass for Western Australian supporters? It is a four-five hour flight, so it isn't as if Western Australians have a regular opportunity to cross the Nullabor. This is about adapting to what will get the punters in.

One game pass for the match in WA and one just in case you go to Victoria.

WA is popular with Carlton supporters. It is something they should tap into.

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
Good points. Maybe they should offer a 2 game membership pass for Western Australian supporters? It is a four-five hour flight, so it isn't as if Western Australians have a regular opportunity to cross the Nullabor. This is about adapting to what will get the punters in.

One game pass for the match in WA and one just in case you go to Victoria.

WA is popular with Carlton supporters. It is something they should tap into.

Not going to happen. They showed their contempt for South Australian members when they "didn't have time to organise" a function before the Power match here last year. Even though it is meant to be part of the long distance memberships.

NavyBlue8

Debutant
Mar 24, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone got any member stickers they aren't using? Had a minor car accident so need to get a new car and the club won't send me out a new sticker sheet cos they have 'limited stock'.
Thanks guys :thumbsu:

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Anyone got any member stickers they aren't using? Had a minor car accident so need to get a new car and the club won't send me out a new sticker sheet cos they have 'limited stock'.
that's pretty poor on the clubs behalf, they would have bought or planned for 60k and we are still 15k off that

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Carlton has one of the largest fan bases of any AFL club yet our membership number lags behind the big 4 Melbourne clubs (Pies, Hawks, Tigers, Bombers). As Professor Julius Sumner Miller used to ask: Why is it so? What does the club need to do to get more fans to sign up??

Maybe if you got your son to follow Carlton instead of the bulldogs we'd have more members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe if you got your son to follow Carlton instead of the bulldogs we'd have more members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kruzering, sadly no accounting for taste in things like footy. My son has played 10 seasons for the local Bulldogs/Hawks side and I can (admittedly frustratingly) understand why he wants to support the Doggies!

Are you ******* serious? How much are you spending on a membership - $200 + probably. And they can't replace a 5 cent sticker. Let me have a look around. ******* unbelievable.

Way to completely make an irrelevant point.
I'm missing something. Poster asked how come there were no membership ads around this season. I suggested they would have little or no influence in a person's decision to purchase a membership. You went all turd-burger on that.

Back