2014 Membership tally, here we go again (67,534 12 June 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just clicked over 66k, popped into pies page and we are only 6k behind, I think last year we lagged them by about 16k , a massive narrowing of the gap. Great stuff, I predict if we go back to back will will overtake them next year as a certainty.

Just clicked over 66k, popped into pies page and we are only 6k behind, I think last year we lagged them by about 16k , a massive narrowing of the gap. Great stuff, I predict if we go back to back will will overtake them next year as a certainty.
Do we sell 1game memberships and a scarf for $50 like Collingwood do?

Do we count pet memberships in the total tally like Collingwood do?

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Annual Report/2013 AFL Annual Report.pdf

Evidently according to page 73 the AFL ANNUAL REPORT for 2013 Hawthorn had 63,353 ACCESS MEMBERS for 2013. Evidently Collingwood had 68,955 ACCESS MEMBERS and the 'Tiger Army' just 52,488.

So when you draw away cat 'n dog memberships we probably lead the AFL for human memberships...
Great little read for those on the bay that always go on about us havig all the pet memberships. Ignorant fools.

Membership 66,066 which is up by 5,816
For the month of April 2,962 signed compared to( April 2013) 3,658 so we fell away a kittle bit , don't know why because we are still winning.
looks like we could get to 68K :thumbsu:

The early season optimism has again been sucked from Tiges fans (how gullible can you be after 30+ years in the bottom half of the ladder?) meaning their membership numbers will come to a screaming halt pretty much now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went and had a look at the Richmond thread last night - some of them still think they can get to 68,000.
They'd need to convincingly win every game until the cut-off date, starting with the Sleepy Hollow Handbaggers this weekend.
Can't see it happening myself.

I understand that they only stole enough scarves to see them through 2013. This year's package is entry to the round 23 GWS game at 3 qtr time and includes a 6 x 4 inch autographed photo of Joffa - all for just $20. They've even introduced a payment plan for this membership where members can have the $20 automatically deducted from their Centrelink benefits in monthly installments.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-push-afl-for-new-mcg-deal-20140501-zr2ss.html

While the Blues hope to increase their membership via more presence at the MCG, AFL figures obtained by Fairfax Media show that they surprisingly ranked fourth in the competition for 2013 in ''access memberships'' – members whose package buys entry to games – with 45,613, behind only Collingwood (68,955 access members), Hawthorn (63,353, counting Tasmania) and Richmond (52,488). Adelaide (44,436), West Coast (43,945), Essendon (42,614) and Geelong (41,148) are all marginally behind the Blues on that count. The figures include discounted three-game memberships, as well as the traditional 11-game package and AFL club support memberships.

Looks like Fairfax media have been reading this thread. Based on last years numbers, we probably lead the AFL for access memberships.

Also of interest, Collingwood have 9000 more AFL Club Support members than us (although our numbers are improving, and we should be 4th in the league in the coming years, our AFL Club Support numbers are pretty low) which means that last year more people bought their membership through Hawthorn than for any other club in the league

Shame were not Big 4 though...

Personally my dogs feel a little miffed that they can't be Hawthorn members. Maybe I will sign them up as Tigers pets members - their barking makes about as much sense as most Richmond folk anyway.

Couple of new members signed up today.

10254332_274235316092722_1232488377_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back